Samsung offering free extended life battery with Galaxy Nexus

S4GRU

Samsung offering free extended life battery with Galaxy Nexus

The phone maker is throwing in a free bundle with a longer-life battery and cover to protect it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57405142-94/samsung-offering-free-extended-life-battery-with-galaxy-nexus/

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

One of the problems with being an early adopter. But to us geeks, its usually worth it.

One of the problems with being an early adopter. But to us geeks, its usually worth it.

At least it was half off, or $25 when I bought it. I would be mad if I paid $50 for it.

• Like 1

At least it was half off, or $25 when I bought it. I would be mad if I paid $50 for it.

$50 bucks is way too high for a battery, and even $25 is too high for me. I spent $8 on my Shift's extended battery.

$50 bucks is way too high for a battery, and even $25 is too high for me. I spent $8 on my Shift's extended battery.

This one is OEM and has the NFC chip on it so I suggest buying the Samsung battery in this instance. Otherwise, yes, I would say buy something cheaper off Amazon or ebay.

Could this be a preemptive move? Maybe the Sprint version will have the extended battery standard. That would definitely outrage the Verizon owners.

I don't know why it didn't come standard from the start. It isn't like it makes the phone much thicker.

check out these comparisons: http://gottabemobile.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/galaxy-nexus-review-4.jpg and http://www.talkandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/DSC_0702.jpg?3995d3

I really do not notice when the extended battery is in vs the standard. The only thing I could think of is for cases. Some cases don't fit or don't line up with the side buttons with the extended battery.

Could this be a preemptive move? Maybe the Sprint version will have the extended battery standard. That would definitely outrage the Verizon owners.

From what I could tell based on the few videos I have seen of the sprint version of the nexus it could have a slightly larger battery.

At CES, there were several reporters who were told not to photo the back of the device. Interesting.

At CES, there were several reporters who were told not to photo the back of the device. Interesting.

I remember that too, but on other youtube videos a few people actually flipped it over and you could tell that the battery cover doesn't have that little lip towards the bottom which means that it has a higher capacity battery in it. It looked just like the battery cover that comes with the extended battery you get from verizon.

• Like 1