Choosing a decent phone

joshnys8913

I know I posted about phone help on here already, I got a couple of responses but I have not heard back, life is busy for all of us, so let me try it again for another round...  I am strictly an android guy... I am willing to try a cheaper phone then what I am used to, I usually got the flagship phones or close to it when I can...  I am having major issues with my EVO, its almost to the point I want to trow it! The screen starting freaking out even when simply try to press anything, then the touch screen is totally useless, so I have to do the "hold power button down" to force it to restart.  (this happens almost every time I try to use it and no that i am NOT exaggerating at all).  I have mentioned before I really liked the LG Optimus G which hardly anyone sells anymore and its newer then (for example Samsung II or my old phone the EVO 3D).  I hear mixed reviews about the Sprint Vital, the Victory LTE for being mid-range models....  I am not due for an upgrade until late summer. 

I know I posted about phone help on here already, I got a couple of responses but I have not heard back, life is busy for all of us, so let me try it again for another round...  I am strictly an android guy... I am willing to try a cheaper phone then what I am used to, I usually got the flagship phones or close to it when I can...  I am having major issues with my EVO, its almost to the point I want to trow it! The screen starting freaking out even when simply try to press anything, then the touch screen is totally useless, so I have to do the "hold power button down" to force it to restart.  (this happens almost every time I try to use it and no that i am NOT exaggerating at all).  I have mentioned before I really liked the LG Optimus G which hardly anyone sells anymore and its newer then (for example Samsung II or my old phone the EVO 3D).  I hear mixed reviews about the Sprint Vital, the Victory LTE for being mid-range models....  I am not due for an upgrade until late summer. 

If you aren't due for an upgrade, and don't want a flagship, then wait for the LG Volt to come out. Since LG got it's Class 2 permissive changes approved at the FCC OET yesterday, I'm assuming release is imminent. See my article here about it.

Honestly, you can pick up a brand-new Sprint LG G2 for about $300 on Swappa and/or eBay. It's a Sprint TriBand phone and is excellent in the RF dept. I am going to probably pick one up to go along with my iPhone 5, until the 6 comes out (which should be TriBand).

If you aren't due for an upgrade, and don't want a flagship, then wait for the LG Volt to come out. Since LG got it's Class 2 permissive changes approved at the FCC OET yesterday, I'm assuming release is imminent. See my article here about it.

Nice article, I talked to AJ the other day and I have not heard back from him he had something, I dont want to mention it here.  I like flagship devices but I was saying for now I could deal with anything better then the frustrating phone that I have.. lol....  I have seriously pondered using my 3D, but if I use WiMax it kills the battery even though I get full bars inside (the tower is less then a half mile from me) I prefer LTE though.  

Honestly, you can pick up a brand-new Sprint LG G2 for about $300 on Swappa and/or eBay. It's a Sprint TriBand phone and is excellent in the RF dept. I am going to probably pick one up to go along with my iPhone 5, until the 6 comes out (which should be TriBand).

I will have to look at Swappa, eBay, I have gotten some of my ham radio equipment off there before, I have been skeptical of cell phones (I dont know why) 

• Like 1

Frankly, I'd rather wait for the GS5. I hear it'll be a decent phone, and next month is not far away if it truly will be released like was mentioned by Sprint not long ago.

hmm I might have to think about that I never liked Samsung before but maybe they are better then they used to be.... I guess I am just so used to HTC and LG, LOL!!!!

I think the g2 will definitely give you the best bang for your buck as of right now.

hmm I might have to think about that I never liked Samsung before but maybe they are better then they used to be.... I guess I am just so used to HTC and LG, LOL!!!! 

It's something to think about. I dislike LG for some phones (e.g LG Viper 4G LTE), but love the Nexus 5. I had an HTC EVO Shift 4G and it was a decent phone for being a piece of crap. But it wasn't as bad as the EVO 4G LTE was in terms of performance in the long term.

I just dont know how you guys could hold on to some of these old phones lol. I had a evo 4g phone and man that thing was a brick lmao from there i went to a galaxy 4g epic touch until the note 2 came out which was a good phone till it got cripple by sprint network well in my area that is and now im on the lg g flex so yea i change phones almost every year i get bored holding on to a phone for to long.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I just bought a brand new, never used LG G2 for a family relative on craigslist for $250.

Like themuffinman said it's the best bang for your buck.

I'm considering selling my Nexus 5 on ebay for $350 and pick up a G2. But the Galaxy S5 is coming out next month and my upgrade was this month.

• Like 1

I just bought a brand new, never used LG G2 for a family relative on craigslist for $250.

Like themuffinman said it's the best bang for your buck.

I'm considering selling my Nexus 5 on ebay for $350 and pick up a G2. But the Galaxy S5 is coming out next month and my upgrade was this month.

i like the S5 because of the softwares and features and the camara and such but meh the phone itself is realy ugly imo.

i like the S5 because of the softwares and features and the camara and such but meh the phone itself is realy ugly imo.

The design is not ugly. It's not as nice like the 5s or HTC One in design but it's still good.

The design is not ugly. It's not as nice like the 5s or HTC One in design but it's still good.

maybe to you it ain't that's why i said in my opinion it is just like theres a bunch of comments on YouTube pages mentioning its ugliness lol im sorry to be more clear that back is horrible the front is ok but that back is just horrible.

• 2 weeks later...