Network provided time/timezone wrong sometimes.

So this is a peculiar issue that I have been experiencing on my N5. It has only caused an issue so far when I got up and hour early for work a couple weeks ago. My phone switches ahead one hour. This has happened probably between 10 and 15 times. Right now I turned off the Network provided time until I can figure it out. Has anyone had this problem before or know why this could be happening?

• Like 1

So this is a peculiar issue that I have been experiencing on my N5. It has only caused an issue so far when I got up and hour early for work a couple weeks ago. My phone switches ahead one hour. This has happened probably between 10 and 15 times. Right now I turned off the Network provided time until I can figure it out. Has anyone had this problem before or know why this could be happening?

My Galaxy s4 does it too. I just keep it off, it causes too many issues in my opinion. It caused me to be late to work a few times.

This has happened to me before, I was an hour early to work because I use my phone as an alarm clock! I didn't really investigate it too much, but It seemed like a particular Sprint site had the wrong time zone offset, whenever I passed by that site on my travels my phone would jump forward an hour. But then it would not set itself back... I have done the same thing you did to fix it and turned off network time. 

This is a cell site issue. Call Sprint Care and have them pinpoint your location. I've had to do this several times in the past as specific towers are upgraded.

I just keep my phones off network time and let my device keep time. Because all kinds of anomalies occur, especially when roaming. And since I use my phone as an alarm clock, I can't afford for it to be off.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

On my Evo, I noticed every time I connected to the tower near the main campus at work and whenever I roamed inside one of the elementary schools, it would show an hour behind. I had to just turn off network controlled time. Since I upgraded, I haven't noticed the issue. It could be that the towers get set wrong while upgraded and later on it is caught and corrected at the site or by an update. I have noticed at times it seem a quirky wifi connection will also throw off the time until I disconnect from it.