iPhone 5 Facts/Rumors

legion125

there are changes. perhaps your problem is with the Apple logo on the case.

I was looking for something to set the bar for smart phones, but they didn't even keep up with LG. When LG has more innovative technology announced for a phone than the newest generational change of the almighty iPhone, color me unimpressed.

Does anyone even know what the iPhone 5 has for RAM?

Engadget listed it as 1GB, but I haven't seen official specs.

So is the general consensus that this new iPhone supports SMR/800mhz for 1x, but not LTE??

I am hoping that when we find out for sure (if haven't already), Scott will add it to his awesome list of phones that support SMR. (Thanks in advance, Scott!).

So is the general consensus that this new iPhone supports SMR/800mhz for 1x, but not LTE??

I am hoping that when we find out for sure (if haven't already), Scott will add it to his awesome list of phones that support SMR. (Thanks in advance, Scott!).

AJ said that according to the FCC Docs that it does support 800SMR 1x.

Folks, I have the FCC OET authorization docs for the iPhone 5. I am still going over them. But here are the early returns. It will support CDMA1X 800 (band class 10) but will not support LTE 800 (band 26).

More to come...

AJ

• Like 1

AJ said that according to the FCC Docs that it does support 800SMR 1x.

Cool, Thanks Josh.

If you're interested, I found the comparison from Engadget I was referring to that listed it as 1GB of memory.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-whats-changed/

Cool, Thanks Josh.

If you're interested, I found the comparison from Engadget I was referring to that listed it as 1GB of memory.

http://www.engadget....-whats-changed/

Strange, they say that the iPhone 4S has 1GB RAM, yet I've seen many places that say it only has 512MB RAM.

http://www.everymac....e-4s-specs.html

http://apple-history.com/iphone_4s

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder. I added that and the new LG phone.

• Like 1

Oh, but you are married...if you catch my drift in this iPhone thread.

;)

AJ

you gotta know wtf they are spinning when they say this:

"....."And we have a really unique innovation with a dynamic antenna... it can automatically switch antenna connections." ......."

Is this A6 chip built on a Cortex A-9 32nm process?

awaiting AnandTech to get their detailed review up on this thing before stating for sure.... BUT as one already stated earlier its likely 32nm process.... really when you think about it they would be bat crazy to dump anything higher than that in there at this point in time...

• Like 1

you gotta know wtf they are spinning when they say this:

"....."And we have a really unique innovation with a dynamic antenna... it can automatically switch antenna connections." ......."

Big deal.... I laughed when I was glancing through the slides they had on the blog. At first I thought someone was playing a joke with some of the slides they had.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

there are changes. perhaps your problem is with the Apple logo on the case.

I could care less if Motorola made the iPhone I still would have laughed hard.

So many people try to pass it off as the new phone is awesome with those features set since it is apple. I don't give anyone a break. Not phone racist at all. It is down right funny to listen to people posting about why they don't need nfc.. Why they don't need bigger than a 4 inch screen. They have to spin it around so much they have lost sight of things.

I just tell them... Take the Apple goggles off so you can see. Trade in those skinny jeans so you can put a real phone in that pocket!

• Like 1

Big deal.... I laughed when I was glancing through the slides they had on the blog. At first I thought someone was playing a joke with some of the slides they had.

I mean Tim Cook said that word for word....while to me it sounds no different at all... last I remember most all phones have multiple bands/signals on the same antennae according to the FCC docs shown... if it was some truly innovative thing then they would of figured a way to only have 1 device for ALL bands but thats not the case as they have 2 model #'s...

I mean Tim Cook said that word for word....while to me it sounds no different at all... last I remember most all phones have multiple bands/signals on the same antennae according to the FCC docs shown... if it was some truly innovative thing then they would of figured a way to only have 1 device for ALL bands but thats not the case as they have 2 model #'s...

2 model numbers, but 3 different actual devices. There is something wrong with that for sure.

iPhone 5 A1428 and A1429 have physically different hardware (e.g. antennas, power amps, etc.). But there is some debate whether A1429 CDMA and A1429 GSM versions are physically different, since they support the same 3GPP bands and modes. The GSM ecosystem version may simply lock out some capabilities via firmware.

AJ

iPhone 5 A1428 and A1429 have physically different hardware (e.g. antennas, power amps, etc.). But there is some debate whether A1429 CDMA and A1429 GSM versions are physically different, since they support the same 3GPP bands and modes. The GSM ecosystem version may simply lock out some capabilities via firmware.

AJ

Good explanation. Lets see how this one plays out when release day comes.

Good explanation. Lets see how this one plays out when release day comes.

We will have to hold out hope that there is sufficient interest in these trivial iPhone devices that someone will do a teardown.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

We will have to hold out hope that there is sufficient interest in these trivial iPhone devices that someone will do a teardown.

;)

AJ

ifixit.com will tear them all down around the release time, so then we will know for sure.