Sprint Store or Regular Retailer

Calvin200

Sprint stores tend to be able to work with you in terms of pushing upgrades or changing you plan better than Best Buy or other retailers. However, I've found Best Buy is a great place to get an upgrade done because they don't work on commission and won't dishonest with you to get a phone.

Best Buy pricing will almost always be better and is always rebate -free.  You also stand to earn reward points from BB and for the last two years, they have offered a temporary sign up for a $50 gift card for lines registered and upgraded in 12 months.  Not just that, but BB has in the past price matched other retailers.  I bought the GS3 last year at Best Buy for $149.99 (price matched to the shack) with a $50 gift card after the fact and credit for reward zone points.  None of that would happen at a Sprint store. 

You also don't ever run the risk of being forced to buy accessories when a device is launched like the non-corporate sprint re-sellers love to do. 

also remember that if you plan on utilizing that one up program you will need to go through sprint owned stores... so even if it says sprint it has to be a corporate store...

but thats the only current advantage i see if it wasnt for that id had bought my latest phone at best buy 

Best Buy has a much better protection plan. The downside to best buy(and most other retailers) is the additional early termination fee on top of what sprint charges.

Best Buy does not charge a second ETF.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Best Buy does not charge a second ETF.

My receipt stated a early termination fee payable to best buy. So unless they are collecting for sprint it would be a second etf.

My receipt stated a early termination fee payable to best buy. So unless they are collecting for sprint it would be a second etf.

Strange, just read the receipt for my wife's HTC One receipt. Not a word on an ETF.

I can see there being an etf for 90 days because if a customer does not pay their bill or cancels with in the firstb90 days sprint does not pay commission to the third party and does not reimburse them for the phone. At least that's how it works with preferred retailers so it should be the same or similar with other thirds parties.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Strange, just read the receipt for my wife's HTC One receipt. Not a word on an ETF.

Hmmm. I have to go back and check. I know it was in effect when I bought my Evo last year. My wife got the one on release day and I honestly don't remember seeing it now.