Deal : Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 for $50 with cheap data plans

maxsilver

I bought the Galaxy Tab 3 from Sprint ( Well it was free with 3 months at the 2GB plan) and I like it so far.  I have watched Netflix and Hulu on it with out any issues.  I have noticed it doesn't like my Motorola Bluetooth heahphones.  I do wish it was upgraded to a updated version of Android such as 4.3 or 4.4.  Its the perfect size to go with me when I take the kids to the park.  The WIFI range is definitely shorter than my Galaxy S4 and I haven't found a place to test out the LTE part yet.  

• Like 1

I bought the Galaxy Tab 3 from Sprint ( Well it was free with 3 months at the 2GB plan) and I like it so far.  I have watched Netflix and Hulu on it with out any issues.  I have noticed it doesn't like my Motorola Bluetooth heahphones.  I do wish it was upgraded to a updated version of Android such as 4.3 or 4.4.  Its the perfect size to go with me when I take the kids to the park.  The WIFI range is definitely shorter than my Galaxy S4 and I haven't found a place to test out the LTE part yet.  

I have noticed though - got mine last Thursday - when you have a good LTE signal, it's actually faster than my phone. The Speedtest down below is actually from my Tab 3. Did I just get lucky with the test or have others noticed this too?

I have noticed though - got mine last Thursday - when you have a good LTE signal, it's actually faster than my phone. The Speedtest down below is actually from my Tab 3. Did I just get lucky with the test or have others noticed this too?

I don't bother with speed tests on mine as I'm on the 25MB plan but my tab 3 has decent LTE reception according to signal check. Almost as good as my nexus 5 on .17 baseband, and a lot better than my EVO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What is up with sprint on/off free galaxy tab? They have been saying its free, then its $50, then its free again. Any reason for it to change back and forth every week or two

What is up with sprint on/off free galaxy tab? They have been saying its free, then its $50, then its free again. Any reason for it to change back and forth every week or two

Probably watching subscriber numbers.  It goes to free when people are porting out at higher numbers.  I absolutely believe they used tablets to try to stabilize numbers last quarter.

Robert

• Like 1

Probably watching subscriber numbers.  It goes to free when people are porting out at higher numbers.  I absolutely believe they used tablets to try to stabilize numbers last quarter.

Robert

probably. They had to make it look better on paper. I guess its showing high port out numbers still? I got to take advantage of the offer in january .

I can only speak for my for myself. But last month 30% of my new activations were tablets and that helped me hit 160% of my new activation goal. From what ive seen a 30% mix of tablets is about the average.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On my mysprint page it says it expires 4/10/2014

http://www.sprint.com/landings/framily_offer/index.html?INTCID=TSC:MyS:MyA:Top:FramilyTablet:022114

Seems Ironic that they are pushing the framily no contract plans, using a free tablet that requires a 2 year contract.   :blink:

On my mysprint page it says it expires 4/10/2014

http://www.sprint.com/landings/framily_offer/index.html?INTCID=TSC:MyS:MyA:Top:FramilyTablet:022114

Seems Ironic that they are pushing the framily no contract plans, using a free tablet that requires a 2 year contract. :blink:

hmm makes me wonder about the whole contracts disappearing soon.

They do make reports look better. So maybe that's why

• 1 month later...

The Tab 3 is free again. I decided to finally take up the offer. $0, $0 tax, $0 activation fee and $10/month for 100 MB data seems like a decent deal. Maybe if I decide to splurge, I will jump to the $15 data plan if it ever goes back up to 2 gigs data.

Fees and taxes are the deal killer.........I just got my first invoice.  $6.02 in TAXES!!!  on the $15 plan.

What's worse, is they are tacking on a 911 fee for $1.00, and its a tablet.....

But I got the tablet for free, so i'm just going to pay the freaking taxes and enjoy the tablet!

BY THE WAY, the hotspot *IS* active on this phone, but if you didn't subscribe to hotspot capability, it will tell you, and it will close the app, so don't order thinking its got FREE hotspot, it doesn't!!!!!.. i think the hotspot adds 1GB capability for $10.

911 i think if you talked enough can be waived.  Theres no way to call with this.  So you cant dial 911

Sprint gave me another tablet. To replace mine does the samething. People over at XDA devoplers having same issue. I'm returning this tablet after spending 3 hours at two different sprint stores.