Deal : Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 for $50 with cheap data plans

maxsilver

I just picked one of these up (Ordered online, picking up tomorrow)....According to my order receipt...I'm getting the $36 waived....Just picked the $5 plan as I will disable internal LTE and just use my Netgear Zing if i'm out and about....Can't beat it for the price...

Don't be surprised if the rep is pissed at you since they won't get paid commission on rate plan.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Don't be surprised if the rep is pissed at you since they won't get paid commission on rate plan.

Their problem, not mine....They offered it that way, they can deal with it....:-D

Fees and taxes are the deal killer.........I just got my first invoice.  $6.02 in TAXES!!!  on the $15 plan.

What's worse, is they are tacking on a 911 fee for $1.00, and its a tablet.....

But I got the tablet for free, so i'm just going to pay the freaking taxes and enjoy the tablet!

BY THE WAY, the hotspot *IS* active on this phone, but if you didn't subscribe to hotspot capability, it will tell you, and it will close the app, so don't order thinking its got FREE hotspot, it doesn't!!!!!.. i think the hotspot adds 1GB capability for $10.

The hotspot is $10 extra for 1GB.   if you aren't subscribed to the hotspot capability, it will just close...

Hmm second time I tried to activate hotspot it told me I need a hotspot sub... :-(

The HOTSPOT function doesn't work unless you subscribed to it.. . .

I got one. Tablet seems a little buggy.. Hotspot function is available and works. I got the 15/month plan.... All in all a good cheap tablet. It's no note..

Ha...So I went through a fiasco getting this thing added to my account because of my existing pre-order for my LG G2....I was at the Sprint store for 2 hours....Anyways, gotta tell you....I told him I wanted the 25MB Plan cause I have the Zing Hotspot. Rep tells me i HAVE to sign up for the Device Protection Plan ($13/Month) Plus forgoes telling me that he signed me up on the 2GB Plan ($15/Month) He did say I can drop the protection plan later, but Had to add it now because I cannot add it later if I want it....What a crock....LOL....

Wow I don't say you have to get protection buy I won't sell on that plan. I wish sprint would take it off the website because they already removed all mention of it in store or in plan guides. Since we get no commission and the store gets no credit for that old plan we won't sell on it. Anyone that won't get the $15 plan gets told to go online. Tabs are in short supply and we can't waste the stores supply.

Just TURN OFF "mobile data" in the usage screen...

Turning off mobile data does not turn off the radios.

Airplane mode, then turn wifi on by itself, will keep the cdma/lte radios from wasting battery.

there were $6.02 of TAXES AND FEES on the $15/2GB plan. I just looked at my bill yesterday.

So its like $21 a month, at least in TN. 

I like the tab, i'm just gonna pay it.  At least we have 4GLTE here, and its nice to have data capability away from wifi.

I hate they are plopping a $1.00 911 fee on this plan.....its not even a freaking phone....... Sprint said take it up with the state of TN.... losing battle.

The monthly fee is not just the $15, additional fees are added, those fees that should be in the monthly fee and not added later.

He added the protection plan because he knows he gets a commission adding it on........Wont matter if you cancel it later (although it might be a hassle)........Likewise, he signed you up for the 2GB plan to get further add to the commission.

Ha...So I went through a fiasco getting this thing added to my account because of my existing pre-order for my LG G2....I was at the Sprint store for 2 hours....Anyways, gotta tell you....I told him I wanted the 25MB Plan cause I have the Zing Hotspot. Rep tells me i HAVE to sign up for the Device Protection Plan ($13/Month) Plus forgoes telling me that he signed me up on the 2GB Plan ($15/Month) He did say I can drop the protection plan later, but Had to add it now because I cannot add it later if I want it....What a crock....LOL....

Edited by greg4lte

that's a crock.....tablets are for sale... its a national promotion. 

"can't waste the stores supply".  what does that mean?

Sprint in-stores salespeople seem more crooked day by day (I hope you're not a corporate store).. you'd be getting a call from Melanie at the office of the president if I visited your store.

Wow I don't say you have to get protection buy I won't sell on that plan. I wish sprint would take it off the website because they already removed all mention of it in store or in plan guides. Since we get no commission and the store gets no credit for that old plan we won't sell on it. Anyone that won't get the $15 plan gets told to go online. Tabs are in short supply and we can't waste the stores supply.

• Like 1

Lame.

You are speaking from a commission standpoint.... Was just browsing around on Sprint.com a few minutes ago and this $49 tablet is advertised ALL OVER their website now -- with the plans starting "at $5" on every one of the ads (and it does NOT say "online only")... so I would not classify that as an "old" plan.  Now a useless one it is (25mb???)...  I am pondering getting a tablet for my wife and this $49 deal is tempting to me -- but I am even more tempted by the free data for life on the un-carrier plan on you know who with an iPad Air (but the upfront cost -- or monthly payment plan -- is tough to chew on that)...

Getting a Nexus7 on the other carrier is a better deal, better tablet that will get updates.

Add the hotspot option to the Sprint phone if you need more data is an option too.

If you pay for data for the other carrier, that will allow a slow data connection in other countries too.

Well as far as I am concerned, if someone wants the $5 plan they have to go to another store. Pretty much every rep I know that has a brain in their skull will never let a customer get anything less than the $15 plan. Way too easy to go over data and then customer comes in whinning cause their kid downloaded Angry Birds and 2 other games and now they have overages. Why the heck would someone want the tablet for only $5 a month? Screw that if that's what you want to go Best Buy and get it for $180, after all the taxes you pay for 2 years, plus $120 in service, plus the activation fee you will pay over $220 or so. Here is what I Dont get... For real. Why would you want a data enabled tablet UNLESS you need internet on the go? I sold about 20 of those tablets and not one customer got the $5 plan... Screw my commission, its not a good deal unless you want the data. Plus, honestly, would you really expect a car salesman to sell you a car, even below cost and not get a check. I won't refuse the sale but by the time I am done you won't want the tablet anymore. It does nothing to benefit the customer (they overpay for a WiFi only device really). Doesn't benefit Sprint, (they maybe will break even cause Samsung is a money whore.) And I am just not going to cause myself to get setup or a escalation later on when a customer gets $20 in overages cause they go over their data on "accident". And not get paid.

Just saying. Use commonsense and do the entire equation. Sprint is doing this huge promo to get people on a great tablet that can work anywhere. That's the point. If someone wants one without data which is what the $5 plan basically is... I save them a buck or two and have them get the WiFi only one. Sprint wants and needs customers to use the device to its full ability. The $5 plan is just marketing, its to get folks in the door. But the $15 plan for 2Gbs is amazing good deal! Its not that the rep wants to be mean its that the rep does want a commission and they aren't in the business to overcharge people and waste their money. Which in the long run is what it is on the $5 plan. Lol. Take care ppl

Well as far as I am concerned, if someone wants the $5 plan they have to go to another store. Pretty much every rep I know that has a brain in their skull will never let a customer get anything less than the $15 plan. Way too easy to go over data and then customer comes in whinning cause their kid downloaded Angry Birds and 2 other games and now they have overages. Why the heck would someone want the tablet for only $5 a month? Screw that if that's what you want to go Best Buy and get it for $180, after all the taxes you pay for 2 years, plus $120 in service, plus the activation fee you will pay over $220 or so. Here is what I Dont get... For real. Why would you want a data enabled tablet UNLESS you need internet on the go? I sold about 20 of those tablets and not one customer got the $5 plan... Screw my commission, its not a good deal unless you want the data. Plus, honestly, would you really expect a car salesman to sell you a car, even below cost and not get a check. I won't refuse the sale but by the time I am done you won't want the tablet anymore. It does nothing to benefit the customer (they overpay for a WiFi only device really). Doesn't benefit Sprint, (they maybe will break even cause Samsung is a money whore.) And I am just not going to cause myself to get setup or a escalation later on when a customer gets $20 in overages cause they go over their data on "accident". And not get paid.

Just saying. Use commonsense and do the entire equation. Sprint is doing this huge promo to get people on a great tablet that can work anywhere. That's the point. If someone wants one without data which is what the $5 plan basically is... I save them a buck or two and have them get the WiFi only one. Sprint wants and needs customers to use the device to its full ability. The $5 plan is just marketing, its to get folks in the door. But the $15 plan for 2Gbs is amazing good deal! Its not that the rep wants to be mean its that the rep does want a commission and they aren't in the business to overcharge people and waste their money. Which in the long run is what it is on the $5 plan. Lol. Take care ppl

Amen brother

Why the heck would someone want the tablet for only $5 a month? Screw that...

Why would you want a data enabled tablet UNLESS you need internet on the go?

You assuming that someone should need data every single month, to want a data enabled tablet. Some people just need data some of the time. The $5/month plan is useful, in that it lets you keep a line open without having to go through the huge trouble of re-activating all the time. It's just like the "out on holiday" plans utility companies used to offer, when you wanted to keep your account open, but not use anything for a while.

I could write a long rant about how much of a waste of time it is trying to re-activate a down device. (The website fails on me about 50% of the time, so I have to go bug a store rep, and feel guilty about it, since there's no comission in it for them and they're too nice to just let me pay them for their time). Technology failures half the time (the Sprint reps last week told me to "keep LTE off" for 24 hours, since device activations are failing in this area, if the device starts the process over LTE instead of EVDO. I thought that sounded ridiculous, so I waited one hour and switched LTE on ... and it broke (device found and authenticated to LTE, but no data would transfer at all), so I had to sheepishly walk back in there, admit my mistake, and have him re-do it again)

If $5/month is all it takes to never have to deal with all of that, I'll gladly pay it every single month.

- - -

I'm not a third party sales rep, and have very little information about commission rates, but from what folks have written previously in this thread, it sounds like the real issue here appears to be some weird reverse incentive on Sprint's side. It sounds like you shouldn't be mad at customers (how are they to know you aren't getting paid properly?). It sounds like something is wrong on Sprint's side (don't reps get the cut of the activation fee? Are they not paying you guys for some tablet activations? If so, why can they get away with that?)

The $15 is the minimum plan to get paid commission on. Sprint is one hand pushing the 5 plan online/customer care but in store telling us it's not worth it to sell on those plans. We send people that only want the $5 plan online.

I should add the change in commission only started Oct 4th. Before that in store we actively pushed the $5 plan hard especially to people that said they only needed a WiFi tablet. By saying you just pay $5 a month and when you go on vacation come in and we will change your plan for that month so you can take the tablet with you on vacation and there won't be any hassle.

I should add the change in commission only started Oct 4th. Before that in store we actively pushed the $5 plan hard especially to people that said they only needed a WiFi tablet. By saying you just pay $5 a month and when you go on vacation come in and we will change your plan for that month so you can take the tablet with you on vacation and there won't be any hassle.

I am curious about this plan/tablet for a family member, they may or may not need data each month but was wondering if you or anyone here knows what "catches" are on the $5 plan? With a cellphone line you get hit with a bunch of garbage fee this, fee that, 911 this plus actual tax, what charges apply to an added tablet as far as fees? and then of course I assume whatever sales taxes locally would apply.

Just trying to know if $5 is say with tax like $5.50 or more like $10 or more?

Also can it be added to one of the just discontinued family plans that already has 5 lines + 2 airrave lines?

Edited by chgoguy80

The $15 is the minimum plan to get paid commission on. Sprint is one hand pushing the 5 plan online/customer care but in store telling us it's not worth it to sell on those plans. We send people that only want the $5 plan online.

That is great customer service, good job, well done.  :td:  :o  The store makes money on the hardware too.

Why not sell people what they actually want?

With the 911 fees, lines charges and pretend taxes, its cheaper to activate a hotspot on the phone and buy a wifi tablet.

Why sprint has to assign a phone number to a data device is crazy. T-Mobile does this too.

lol at the rep bitching about the 5 buck plan, I work at a corp store and sold 30 of em last month and you know how many were on anything less then 15? 0....If a guy came in and wanted the 5 buck plan, thats fine, I'd explain the benefits of the higher data package, but if it didn't take Id activate it on the 5 buck plan and send him on his way. Also to clear some stuff up, reps dont get paid on activation fees, Our at risk is comprised of Activations,CSAT(cust satisfaction),Upgrades/insurance/new myway plans and Accessories. If your putting people on the 15 dollar plan and there asking to be put on the 5 dollar plan, I feel sorry for you, cause the hammer is coming down in the next week.

Not to deviate from where this discussion is going, but anyone that did get this thing notice that it has terrible Wi-Fi reception?  I can have my EVO 4G LTE next to the Tab and my EVO will stream Netflix over Wi-Fi no problem, but the Tab will start to buffer about 10 minutes into a show.

anyone that did get this thing notice that it has terrible Wi-Fi reception? I can have my EVO 4G LTE next to the Tab and my EVO will stream Netflix over Wi-Fi no problem, but the Tab will start to buffer about 10 minutes into a show.

I've had no problems with WiFi, or with streaming Netflix or Hulu on mine.

The LTE reception doesn't seem great to me, but it's no worse than some of the other devices I've compared it to. (Photon Q LTE)