Lowest DB for LTE before switching to 3G?

So just for experimenting, is there a way to adjust how long it will hold onto a low LTE signal? I remember toying with values in my OG Evo's WiMax engineering menus and having some success, but I haven't seen anything like this with my HTC One.

My EVO LTE always holds a LTE signal until 120dbm I actually get 2-3mpbs down with a 109dbm signal. What's up with your phone because something don't add up unless every phone acts different even if its the same phone model

It varies with phone and location. But, LTE quite often becomes about worthless around a -109 or -110. You can receive data at those levels, but your transmit signal just does make it to the cell site and be useable. I actually am OK with seeing the LTE drop off and then see the phone lock on to EVDO. The EVDO will actually work better.

I am now thinking that the HTC EVO LTE phone actually had it right. Just drop off LTE at -109 and forget about it. Some of the other phones hold on down to -125 or so and it gives you trouble because it is not going to work at those levels.

The HTC phone was heavily criticized because it dropped off LTE at a -109 while the other phones held on to the LTE. This made HTC look bad. But while the other phones might have held on to the LTE, it did not work. It is more useful if the phone allows the LTE to drop and gives you EVDO.

LTE quite often becomes about worthless around a -109 or -110. You can receive data at those levels, but your transmit signal just does make it to the cell site and be useable. 

Pretty true, except on MiFi's.  I can have usable upload and download data connections down to -130dBm with a decent quality signal.  Which is really nice on Band 41.  Those things are beasts!

Robert

Toying with the settings will probably only determine how long you hold onto a  signal that might not be usable. LTE for my phone holds it till about -115 to -117 before dropping. At that signal level  the data link is pretty much un-usable. I would rather it drop to EVDO around -110-112 to avoid data stream disruption.   Your phone/radio is what it is.  Any tweaking would more than likely adversely affect your connectivity

Toying with the settings will probably only determine how long you hold onto a  signal that might not be usable. LTE for my phone holds it till about -115 to -117 before dropping. At that signal level  the data link is pretty much un-usable. I would rather it drop to EVDO around -110-112 to avoid data stream disruption.   Your phone/radio is what it is.  Any tweaking would more than likely adversely affect your connectivity

I get around 400kb/s around -114- -117