Sprint conspiracy against hockey towns!

pyroscott

It's hard to ignore that NHL towns in general have been shunned by Sprint in their Network Vision rollout with only 2 NHL cities represented in the first round and only 8 NHL cities announced so far in the second round of deployment. 13 NHL cities remain to be announced while 7 NHL cities have been blacklisted altogether by Sprint.

After digging further and figuring in the rankings of "Hockey Towns" where the sport of hockey is ingrained into the lifestyle of the residents, and smartphones are purchased for the exclusive use of checking the score and streaming highlights of hockey games, the outlook is much darker. Only 2 of the top 10 hockey towns are represented in the already announced markets, and both of them are in the second round of NV deployment. The top 4 hockey towns are still waiting for some Sprint love, as well as such legendary hockey towns as Buffalo NY and Denver CO.

Take the top 3 American hockey towns, St. Paul MN, Pittsburgh PA and Detroit MI. The residents of these cities chomp down bandwidth from October to May streaming the best goals, saves, hits and fights. They spend the other 4 months YouTubing the best hockey fights of all time and watching Al McGinnis slapshots when they aren't searching for the latest roster moves and draft analysis.

So what is it? Is Sprint afraid that their expensive Network Vision equipment will see a wild slapshot or two clang off it like that stinking crossbar clang that mocks hockey fans with a sound that makes hockeytown vomit up their beer and nachos when they hear it in overtime? Or is it just that Sprint hates missing teeth and mullets?

hansonbros_web.jpg

The brass at Sprint sure is taking a chance by alienating Detroit from both WiMax and Network Vision so far. We know what hockey fans are capable of when they don't get what they want...vancouver-bc-riots.jpg

• Like 2

Well I never was a Brian Boitano fan anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

What would Brian Boitano'd do, if he was here right now? He'd probably kick an @$$ or two. That's what Brian Boitano'd do!

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 2

What would Brian Boitano'd do, if he was here right now? He'd probably kick an @$$ or two. That's what Brian Boitano'd do!

Posted via Forum Runner

Blame Canada!!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk

• Like 1

I would like to see a parallel study to see Sprints impact on NASCAR venues.

Ha funny you mention that. I always thought it was funny that with sprint sponsoring the cup series and charlotte being "home" to nascar, that I could not pull Wimax at the track, nor was my 3G speed amazing....I get the no Wimax bc that's on clear but would expect 3G to be rockin...camp spot on the infield is right next to one of the COWs they roll in and I swear I never see over 1Mbps speeds there at any time of the day/night...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I think we can extrapolate that it is not hockey towns sprint is ignoring, it is NBA towns they are supporting. Sprint is now a sponsor of the NBA. Out of 33 first and second round deployments only six (excluding K.C.) are non-NBA towns and most have a NBA team they are supporting as in relatively close to. Put another way, only two NBA cities are not represented in the initial first, second or third round deployments and they are Denver and Utah (Salt Lake City).

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Charlotte Bobcats

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Denver Nuggets

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers

LA Clippers

LA Lakers

Memphis Grizzlies

Miami Heat

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Jersey Nets

New Orleans Hornets

New York Knicks

Oklahoma City Thunder

Orlando Magic

Philadelphia Sixers

Phoenix Suns

Portland Trail Blazers

Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs

Toronto Raptors (Don't Count)

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

• Like 1

I think we can extrapolate that it is not hockey towns sprint is ignoring, it is NBA towns they are supporting. Sprint is now a sponsor of the NBA. Out of 33 first and second round deployments only six (excluding K.C.) are non-NBA towns and most have a NBA team they are supporting as in relatively close to. Put another way, only two NBA cities are not represented in the initial first, second or third round deployments and they are Denver and Utah (Salt Lake City).

Excellent research! I see I was down the right path, just analyzing the wrong sport. :lol:

Putting Denver and legendary hockey in the same sentence is a disservice to real hockey towns. Sure, it is a great hockey town, but definitely not legendary, hasn't been there long enough.

Hook hartford up faster sprint, in honor of the whalers.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Putting Denver and legendary hockey in the same sentence is a disservice to real hockey towns. Sure, it is a great hockey town, but definitely not legendary, hasn't been there long enough.

Hook hartford up faster sprint, in honor of the whalers.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I disagree, I feel a hockey town is not measured by their NHL team. For the record, Denver has had 2 NHL teams. The Colorado Rockies played in Denver from 1976-1982 and had good attendance even though they couldn't put a team on the ice that was worth their salaries. They were sold to an owner who moved them to New Jersey. On top of that, the Denver Pioneers have packed the arena since 1949 and have won the second most NCAA D1 hockey championships with 7. They have also had WHL, IHL, CHL and WHA franchises over the years. Personally, I feel that is what makes up a legendary hockey town. The Minnesota wild have only been in St. Paul since 2000, does that negate St. Paul from being a legendary hockey town?

What's hockey? :)

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

It's a sport a little less violent than the brand of football they play in New Orleans. Cheaters.

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Charlotte Bobcats

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Denver Nuggets

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers

LA Clippers

LA Lakers

Memphis Grizzlies

Miami Heat

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Jersey Nets

New Orleans Hornets

New York Knicks

Oklahoma City Thunder

Orlando Magic

Philadelphia Sixers

Phoenix Suns

Portland Trail Blazers

Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs

Toronto Raptors (Don't Count)

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

Technically Sacramento should be on the list as well since it hasn't been announced yet. The SF Bay market does NOT include Sacramento.

Hahaha....that's the team they wanted to pick on. I am sure all the teams were doing it and will continue to do so. That's what's makes football awesome. Carnage!

But I am more of a college ball person and not NFL due to all the money and crap.

Hahaha....that's the team they wanted to pick on. I am sure all the teams were doing it and will continue to do so. That's what's makes football awesome. Carnage!

But I am more of a college ball person and not NFL due to all the money and crap.

And why not? LSU is always really good.

And why not? LSU is always really good.

Except for last year when the team threw the national game due to Lee not getting played. Not starting that ball of wax though :)

Just always preferred the college ball. The kids just seem to have more of a passion since they aren't getting paid millions but they are working for their NFL draft.

• Like 1