Other Carriers and RRUs

I know I've heard mention that Verizon was going back and installing RRUs in some markets, other than that I was under the impression that Sprint/Clearwire was the only ones so far installing RRUs mounted up with the panel.

I was out checking towers for upgrades last night and found these panels with what looks like RRUs installed behind them. They don't look like the Samsung equipment Sprint is installing. Anyone have any guesses on whose they are?

IMG_5818CR2.jpg

IMG_5820CR2.jpg

Also where i took these pictures they are re-painting the water tower, they have setup a temporary tower but it only has 1 set of panels on it (there are multiple carriers on the water tower), can anyone tell whose they are?

IMG_5821CR2.jpg

and just for fun here is a pic of one of the Clearwire WiMax protection sites around here :)

IMG_5823CR2.jpg

thanks for the replies, that would be the first tmobile gear i've seen with RRU's, does that mean they have LTE on that tower?

any ideas on the panels on the "temp" tower?

thanks for the replies, that would be the first tmobile gear i've seen with RRU's, does that mean they have LTE on that tower?

any ideas on the panels on the "temp" tower?

T-mobile is deploying Ericsson RRU04's,RRU11's, and RRU12s which are the same  RRUs as Sprint / Tmobile / ATT with their old antennas. 

I know I've heard mention that Verizon was going back and installing RRUs in some markets, other than that I was under the impression that Sprint/Clearwire was the only ones so far installing RRUs mounted up with the panel.

I was out checking towers for upgrades last night and found these panels with what looks like RRUs installed behind them. They don't look like the Samsung equipment Sprint is installing. Anyone have any guesses on whose they are?

Also where i took these pictures they are re-painting the water tower, they have setup a temporary tower but it only has 1 set of panels on it (there are multiple carriers on the water tower), can anyone tell whose they are?

and just for fun here is a pic of one of the Clearwire WiMax protection sites around here :)

Those little boxes are too small to be RRUs.  I bet those are diplexers.  Two bands are diplexed at the bottom of the site into one cable, then diplexed out again at the top back to two cables for each side of the antenna.

• Like 1

Here's a cool video of new panels being out up, thought I'd share. These guys seem to work well. http://youtu.be/asp5nzKB8F8

Can't say that I've seen anyone eyeball the azimuth from the ground...  no wonder why many of these sites are messed up.  There's a reason why the RF engineer wants the antenna pointed at 30 degrees and not 25 degrees.  Impossible to eyeball.

Can't say that I've seen anyone eyeball the azimuth from the ground... no wonder why many of these sites are messed up. There's a reason why the RF engineer wants the antenna pointed at 30 degrees and not 25 degrees. Impossible to eyeball.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Eyeing the azimuth from 200' up?? That can't be precise. No wonder a lot of these installs are botched and have to be re-adjusted. Wow.

Don't get me wrong though, I have a very healthy respect for what those tower workers do and how dangerous it is for them.

At least those guys are safety tied most of the time.

Unlike these guys!!!!!

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5, not the old one (using Tapatalk 2).