Nextel equipment is still here...

June 29-30 was the shutoff date

Guess what the equipment is still on all of the towers in Maui i know this because every day i drive through a road where theres a huge tower and i saw back long long time ago them installing nextel on the second sector right under clearwire.

till this day/moment those panels are still there and are present on other towers too.

does sprint have like a killswitch or something when they 'killed' it

June 29-30 was the shutoff date

Guess what the equipment is still on all of the towers in Maui i know this because every day i drive through a road where theres a huge tower and i saw back long long time ago them installing nextel on the second sector right under clearwire.

till this day/moment those panels are still there and are present on other towers too.

does sprint have like a killswitch or something when they 'killed' it

All the Nextel equipment is shut down permanently. Not all removal of said equipment has yet occurred, however. That should all be gone by the end of the year, IIRC.

All the Nextel equipment is shut down permanently. Not all removal of said equipment has yet occurred, however. That should all be gone by the end of the year, IIRC.

Ah so they just sort of used like a killswitch on it 

Did they hire people to take down nextel stuff?

Yes. Here's a video of a Nextel site removal from YouTube.

In this case, Dimola Bros. out of NYC is one of the contractors Sprint has hired to remove old Nextel iDEN sites.

• Like 5

Ah so they just sort of used like a killswitch on it

The main switches were shut down for each region, killing the network. Then teams went out to physically shut off the power to the equipment, if possible. The equipment will remain on the tower until a removal time is negotiated. This could be anytime between tomorrow, or the end of the lease 2 years from now.

Yes.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Yes. Here's a video of a Nextel site removal from YouTube.

In this case, Dimola Bros. out of NYC is one of the contractors Sprint has hired to remove old Nextel iDEN sites.

hmm so all the wires ect = recycled :D coool

I bet theres alot of copper lol

My personal opinion is, leave the crap up there if it's going to delay you somehow in delivering NV. Then take it down when you get to it. NV 1st!

• Like 1

My personal opinion is, leave the crap up there if it's going to delay you somehow in delivering NV. Then take it down when you get to it. NV 1st!

CDMA2000/LTE bros before iDEN hos?

:P

AJ

• Like 9

I would imagine corporate wants the equipment, shelters, antennas powered down and removed to lower operating expenses and I would imagine the tower leases require removal of equipment before the payments can terminate.

It's wintertime in this video, I didn't know sites were being removed before June 30th.

There was an iDen "thinning" project before the actual iDen shutdown. Where it was possible they started shutting down and removing sites as early as last Spring/Summer.

• Like 1

They are more than likely using a different set of contractors for removal, so it shouldn't affect NV at all.

Agreed but if they're telling NV crews to wait to install until after the contractors remove Nextel is what I'm saying.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Agreed but if they're telling NV crews to wait to install until after the contractors remove Nextel is what I'm saying.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They're not. The two projects are separate, and do not interfere. 

I cant wait till they launch that 800 LTE and 1XA

Nextel/Sprint has a spot on this MASSIVE tower its for a radio station and Nextel and clearwire are both on there

if they get it coverage should cover pretty much the entire island of Maui because everywhere you go you can always get a line of sight on it