My idea of a 'cheap small cell site'

markjcc

123.png

What do you guys think lol?

Oh and lets not forget sprint likes to go green huh? make it solar powered also!

That solution would never work because the Airave only supports 6 calls per device it'd probably cause tons of dropped calls because the Airave doesn't transfer calls from the Macro Network to it or from it to the Macro Network anymore.

• Like 2

Yeah. I was thinking that the same thing would happen. But if they can put cell extenders which rely on the Marco tower and boost the strength that'd be good enough.

They do that now, called repeaters, which are the bane of any network designer's existence. 

Repeaters take available spectrum and capacity from existing sites, and push it to inbuilding locations, causing a capacity strain on the macro serving cell. 

Femtocells are the way of the future, and Sprint offers Enterprise Grade ones now, which support 30+ users. 

• Like 1

Or they could have like Solar Powered repeaters setup in trees/rooftops/stop lights even in coconut trees. we have alot in Hawaii and you can just about stick anything on there i saw AT&T Wifi setup their 'Free brodband' near the mall in a tree

What happens when it is overcast a lot and the battery runs out?

Just have a battery backup supply. But the backhaul would be a problem. It would be more efficient to pay the bit of change to just get its own backhaul thru wire or othermeans. They wont waste the 2.5 ghz spectrum for backhaul.

Posted Image

What do you guys think lol?

Oh and lets not forget sprint likes to go green huh? make it solar powered also!

I have attached a Sprint Airave to a tethered AT&T phone on 3G coming from a signal repeater.

It worked and worked well but it was impractical as the AT&T phone couldn't be moved. It was a fun experiment though.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Good points. Well never mind. Guess that we'll have to get better technology for big buildings that have more than 30 + people.

Keep in mind that is 30 simultaneous voice and data connections. It can have far more phones associated with it.

I believe airaves can have 50 or 60 phones associated with them, but only 6 simultaneous data or voice connections.

I have deployed airaves in busy classrooms with 70+ students in the area and our staff are able to still place calls with them.

The reason airaves don't make good in building solutions is they do not work when more than one airave is in an area or when phones can see more than one.

Sent from my EVO LTE