What wireless carriers do Sprint employees use?

MelonSplitter

My phone bill is 9 after tax. You would be stupid not to pay what ever etf at your old provider when you start at Sprint because it won't take long to get your money back in savings.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

outsourced /= corporate employee

while I agree that the retail channel may have folks with existing contracts, it would probably in their best interest to sign up for an employee plan if possible.

Right, by being outsourced theyre not employees, but they represent sprint, and your subscriber fees end up in their pockets.... So Id think for the purpose of this thread, its fair to say that there are many sprint employees not using sprint.

And even then, if you get hired at Sprint HQ, youre not about to dump your old phone if theres 15 months left in your contract and youre on a legacy family plan that gives you great rates.

Right, by being outsourced theyre not employees, but they represent sprint, and your subscriber fees end up in their pockets.... So Id think for the purpose of this thread, its fair to say that there are many sprint employees not using sprint.

And even then, if you get hired at Sprint HQ, youre not about to dump your old phone if theres 15 months left in your contract and youre on a legacy family plan that gives you great rates.

Perhaps, but do the math. Say an employee's service is free right? Vs. paying 15 months at $100 a month? I rather pay an ETF and get it over with.

But that's just me :)

• Like 1

LOL, I seriously doubt the top brass has devices with higher network priority.

Also, as an employee, I would never give up my service just because data doesn't work in one particular spot.

Before NV, data wasn't working ANYWHERE.

Before NV, data wasn't working ANYWHERE.

Really?

I've been a customer for 13, almost 14 years now, and data has worked for me everywhere I've been, abet slow sometimes. 

• Like 3

Perhaps, but do the math. Say an employee's service is free right? Vs. paying 15 months at $100 a month? I rather pay an ETF and get it over with.

But that's just me :)

Which is where the outsourced thing comes in....they dont get free sprint service.

Which is where the outsourced thing comes in....they dont get free sprint service.

I work at a preferred retailer. My bill is $43.00 each month, and that's with TEPMAX, which I believe is the normal plan for all 3rd-party employees. $20/month base. So, yes, unless I was in contract with a ridiculous family plan, I'd switch over, as the savings are going to add up fast, and I'd no longer be giving money to Big Red/The Death Star. 

People just don't do the math on ETFs, it seems. $350 over 24 months is ~$14.58 a month. If you can save at least that much, it's worth it to switch immediately, especially if you can resell your device at a profit. Instead, people see a big chunk of money they don't have, and just keep paying...

• Like 4

Corporate Sprint employee plans are essentially a Simply Everything plan for free. TEP and any other add-ons like mobile hotspot are extra, and those add-ons have a 25% discount. These accounts also had a monthly allotment to "purchase" content in the Digital Lounge previously ($20 I believe it was), I think that's gone now though. This is considered part of the benefits package for corporate employees. It comes out to about $1,380 in savings per year on plan cost for employees, if you take into account average taxes and surcharges in addition to the base plan. Personally, I'm hoping with the new consumer plans, that 5GB hotspot is added to employee plans since that's essentially the consumer $110 plan now.  :P

Third-party "employee" plans at preferred retailers are setup differently, as posted above by user:koiulpoi. Best Buy, RadioShack, etc. employees I believe also get the third-party plans.

• Like 2