Announcement Text Message Criteria?

Does anyone know what thresholds need to be crossed before you get a message announcing the upgrades for your area?  Is it:

- a percentage of local sites being worked on?

- a percentage of local sites having been completed?

- a percentage of active coverage for a specific service (NV 3G, 4G) in your area?

- activation of a cluster of 3G sites?

- any combination of the above scheduled for the immediate future?

I got this message today:

7wm7OhP.jpg

If you check LTE coverage for 48362 (Lake Orion, MI) on Sensorly, you will see a lot of coverage, but not of particularly high density.  If you check the sites completed and sites in progress in the area (sponsors), you will see that some sites are done, some are not, but more than half serving this area are either done or in progress.  There is presently no NV 3G here.

It seems to be a random marketing thing that happens from time to time. I got a message like that a while back here in Springfield, and they haven't even started work here, so I have no idea how they choose when to send those out.

Do they send them by the area code of location. Or your billing address. See I got an Jacksonville, FL area code but an billing address of an address in Arkansas. I'm wondering if I'm going to be getting this text but 4 the Jacksonville area or for the Little Rock area.

I'm in a launched market and also never got one of those messages so I would think it  sent for a specific reason. My service was also fine before and after NV.  I'd speculate that it is either sent in response to high call volume for an area complaining about service or maybe sent to customers whose upgrade eligibility is coming up whom they want to keep as a customer..maybe both...could be sent different times or different reasons.