Is Sprint on this tower? (PIC)

bmattox79

i know there are topics on what to look for, and i think the RRU's i see are att&t, but there are so many segments on this tower is sprint on there??? Or maybe some about to be shutdown nextel?  Or who is on there??

post-4101-0-78070600-1372258591_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i know there are topics on what to look for, and i think the RRU's i see are att&t, but there are so many segments on this tower is sprint on there??? Or maybe some about to be shutdown nextel? Or who is on there??

Alcatel Lucent NV gear top rack.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Can you get a better shot of the bottom of the antennas?  If you see 6 cables it is probably Sprint, if you see 4 cables, its probably at&t

Can you get a better shot of the bottom of the antennas?  If you see 6 cables it is probably Sprint, if you see 4 cables, its probably at&t

i will go back today that was a quick shot.  I can get pretty close since our Fire Dept Antennas are on that tower

Alcatel Lucent NV gear top rack.

Sent from my SPH-D710

are you sure, cause if so they must not be broadcasting yet.  I was in the library 50 yards from the tower and kept bounceing from 3G to o could not load a webpage or send a text until i went outside.  I know PCS band has band building penetration but cant be that bad right??

focusing on the top rack??

I'd get the top two Racks.  lilotimz is pretty good at calling them, so he is probably right.  I know there are many sites in my market that have everything but backhaul installed.

I'd get the top two Racks.  lilotimz is pretty good at calling them, so he is probably right.  I know there are many sites in my market that have everything but backhaul installed.

Top Rack for sure. Can't mistake that rectangular alcatel-lucent PCS 1900 RRU at all. Furthermore, Sprint legacy PCS antennas are kinda skinny and comes in pairs like those of the top rack.

Second rack is ATT with a single Ericsson RRU behind the middle antenna.

Side Note - I did make the Alcatel-lucent network vision gear ... check those 2 RRU's attached to the monopole below the top rack. Alu new look PCS 1900 above the SMR 800 rru.

Top Rack for sure. Can't mistake that rectangular alcatel-lucent PCS 1900 RRU at all. Furthermore, Sprint legacy PCS antennas are kinda skinny and comes in pairs like those of the top rack.

Second rack is ATT with a single Ericsson RRU behind the middle antenna.

Side Note - I did make the Alcatel-lucent network vision gear ... check those 2 RRU's attached to the monopole below the top rack. Alu new look PCS 1900 above the SMR 800 rru.

I only know the Samsung gear from being in their market.  Is that a mini-Clearwire setup between the first and second rack?  Looks like the protection site near my house.

i know there are topics on what to look for, and i think the RRU's i see are att&t, but there are so many segments on this tower is sprint on there??? Or maybe some about to be shutdown nextel?  Or who is on there??

Looks like Sprint, Tmobile att and maybe a local carrier?

YhSeLf4.jpg

Alcatel-Lucent RRU's circled in red.

so that is all NV hardware and not legacy?  it def cannot be broadcasting yet, unless the backhaul isnt completed.  Is there anyway i can give someone here the address or ID of the tower to find out the NV status, just curious

so that is all NV hardware and not legacy?  it def cannot be broadcasting yet, unless the backhaul isnt completed.  Is there anyway i can give someone here the address or ID of the tower to find out the NV status, just curious

I'd say the ones on the corners of the rack are the new NV gear, the square one in the middle is clearwire, and the two on either side of that are the preNV Sprint ones.  The racks below belong to other carriers. I'm guessing ATT and TMUS? I'm curious about the bottom rack. Is that old Nextel stuff, or possibly MPCS or VZ?

i know tmo is def on it, huge sign on one of the dog houses has all the info in case of emergency for tmo, but no other identifiers for any other carriers,only other info is that its owned by crown castle.

side note, i did a search on antennasearch.com and it doesnt even show a tower for that address.  Closest Sprint tower from that search about a mile away owned by crown castle as well