Not being able to take incoming calls while roaming?

MophoManners

Has anyone had this issue?

Galaxy note 2

So far I've tried

new prl

new program

restarted (3 times too!)

##786xx# DO NOT DO THIS WHILE ROAMING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I"M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE!

I don't know what else to do I know most of the time I'm roaming on uscc but I'm not sure all the time.

Sure is annoying trying to take calls from India so I can integrate these sites

I have the same problem also sometimes while roaming.  Best I can think of is that the tower is nearing voice capacity and being shuffled to a low priority.  Seems I have the problem the worst late afternoon/early evening on Friday's which I am at work in a roaming area.  Which is generally a busy call time.

i know it used to be if you were using data at all while roaming (1x) a call could not come in because the phone was in a data session.  EVDO fixed that.  Possibly that is it?

Seen that before on roaming. Just for kicks try turning off data to make sure. It is probably the roaming partner though. When the device was on metro PCS incoming wouldn't work. When it was on VZW it would take incoming calls.

What SID are you on while roaming?

I have the same problem also sometimes while roaming.  Best I can think of is that the tower is nearing voice capacity and being shuffled to a low priority.  Seems I have the problem the worst late afternoon/early evening on Friday's which I am at work in a roaming area.  Which is generally a busy call time.

Rural sites don't get jammed up let alone in the middle of the night..

i know it used to be if you were using data at all while roaming (1x) a call could not come in because the phone was in a data session.  EVDO fixed that.  Possibly that is it?

Possible, my phone is constantly updating something i'll try it if i have coverage issues tonight.  that may  cause issues with my secondary trigger, voice mails  coming in.

Seen that before on roaming. Just for kicks try turning off data to make sure. It is probably the roaming partner though. When the device was on metro PCS incoming wouldn't work. When it was on VZW it would take incoming calls.

What SID are you on while roaming?

Who knows, I'm pretty sure most of the time I roam off  the US Cellular tower  I'm working on. ( multiples each night)  but, sometimes the signal  is too low to be the same tower so there must be some sort of roam priority, can't say any one of them gives me my incoming.

You can always try the old follow me roaming code of *18.. Then talk. Think that was the one. Not even sure if it still works.

It gives me two sets of 3 beeps and hangs up. So, if that's not it, who knows what I just did to my phone line.

It gives me two sets of 3 beeps and hangs up. So, if that's not it, who knows what I just did to my phone line.

You just registered your account for NSA monitoring.

:P

AJ

• Like 5

No, seriously, the three beeps followed by an automatic disconnect and reacquisition of the network is what *18 is designed to do. It has long since served little purpose with seamless automatic roaming. But it does force a new registration.

AJ

• Like 1

No, seriously, the three beeps followed by an automatic disconnect and reacquisition of the network is what *18 is designed to do. It has long since served little purpose with seamless automatic roaming. But it does force a new registration.

AJ

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Shot in the dark for the OP.

AJ

The reason I said it like that is, other codes that add and remove things like call forwarding and incoming call blocks act the same way, with sets of beeps and then hanging up. So, if the code is wrong, I might have just done something awful. Or not.

You just registered your account for NSA monitoring.

:P

AJ

I've set up  the CALEA monitoring in a few  markets :angel:.  I'm  honestly  surprised  the term has not been brought up  in  the media/congressional hearings

AJ

I'll try it shortly

I've noticed this too. Only on uscell tho. I think its because if I remember right uscell is only a 1x roamin partner (even though your phone will say 3g no idea why...) but I found to fix atleast my problem is I live mobile data off unless I using it... (I have the s3)

I've noticed this too. Only on uscell tho. I think its because if I remember right uscell is only a 1x roamin partner (even though your phone will say 3g no idea why...)

...because both CDMA1X and EV-DO are "3G."  You need to read more posts.

AJ

Ya I should have known this was gonna come up. And just like the last person that u comented to I see 1x as 2g I guess.. but you are right. Lol

Ya I should have known this was gonna come up. And just like the last person that u comented to I see 1x as 2g I guess.. but you are right. Lol

I have no problem with CDMA1X and EV-DO using different signal indicators.  In fact, even though I can easily tell them apart via engineering screens, I would prefer different indicators.  But those do not make CDMA1X "2G" and EV-DO "3G."

AJ

I just use signal check to check. And I know it doesn't... but its comparable is it not? And is there a way to get indicators for your notification bar for 1x? Cuz that would be awesome.

I'll try the data trick if I have more issues ( this is complete bullshit )

I wish you would stop sugar coating...

:hah:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta