PRL 60685/51085 analysis

I have culled current data from the FCC ULS and have updated most of the top markets. For example, I have this XLSX file in progress:

http://people.ku.edu...a/sprint150.jpg

The markets below the top 100, however, are going to be a real task to bring up to date, as PCS licenses have oft been partitioned & disaggregated down to the county level (or even lower).

AJ

It's interesting to see how some licenses were split up. I think Sprint traded part of the A block in New Orleans, but Baton Rouge (which is part of the same market) still has the whole A block on Sprint AFAIK. I think VZW picked up some of the A block in NOLA-- they must've needed it at one time (maybe pre-Alltel).

It's interesting to see how some licenses were split up. I think Sprint traded part of the A block in New Orleans, but Baton Rouge (which is part of the same market) still has the whole A block on Sprint AFAIK. I think VZW picked up some of the A block in NOLA-- they must've needed it at one time (maybe pre-Alltel).

Sprint retains the lower 20 MHz of its PCS A block 30 MHz license in both New Orleans and Baton Rouge. In the New Orleans BTA, Sprint partitioned and disaggregated the uppermost 10 MHz to T-Mobile roughly a decade ago. In the Baton Rouge BTA, Sprint did likewise to AT&T only a little over a year ago.

VZW does not control any of the PCS A block in the New Orleans MTA, but it does hold the entire PCS B block 30 MHz license from its PrimeCo heritage in the original VZW merger. Then, when VZW acquired Alltel, it also picked up the Cellular A-side 25 MHz license in New Orleans. That license has quite the checkered past: Radiofone -> SBC -> Alltel -> VZW.

AJ

Holy cow! I'm on the Ubiquitel SID here in Visalia.

Actually, Josh, the Sprint network in Visalia "properly" uses Sprint's San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose MTA SID 04183 because the Visalia-Porterville-Hanford BTA is part of that MTA. Ubiquitel -- before Sprint bought it out -- held affiliate market territory spanning both the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose MTA and the Los Angeles-San Diego MTA. Basically, Ubiquitel was the Sprint affiliate for both Fresno and Bakersfield. Ubiquitel wanted to operate its affiliate network under one SID, so it "improperly" used SID 04183 in the Los Angeles-San Diego MTA portion of its market, where it technically should have used SID 04145.

AJ

Actually, Josh, the Sprint network in Visalia "properly" uses Sprint's San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose MTA SID 04183 because the Visalia-Porterville-Hanford BTA is part of that MTA. Ubiquitel -- before Sprint bought it out -- held affiliate market territory spanning both the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose MTA and the Los Angeles-San Diego MTA. Basically, Ubiquitel was the Sprint affiliate for both Fresno and Bakersfield. Ubiquitel wanted to operate its affiliate network under one SID, so it "improperly" used SID 04183 in the Los Angeles-San Diego MTA portion of its market, where it technically should have used SID 04145.

AJ

I guess I am not surprised that they improperly used the SID. Was Ubiquitel only limited to California?

Sprint retains the lower 20 MHz of its PCS A block 30 MHz license in both New Orleans and Baton Rouge. In the New Orleans BTA, Sprint partitioned and disaggregated the uppermost 10 MHz to T-Mobile roughly a decade ago. In the Baton Rouge BTA, Sprint did likewise to AT&T only a little over a year ago.

VZW does not control any of the PCS A block in the New Orleans MTA, but it does hold the entire PCS B block 30 MHz license from its PrimeCo heritage in the original VZW merger. Then, when VZW acquired Alltel, it also picked up the Cellular A-side 25 MHz license in New Orleans. That license has quite the checkered past: Radiofone -> SBC -> Alltel -> VZW.

AJ

Okay I gotta ask at this point. Where do you pull all of this enormous info from? Like do you have a spreadsheet saved that lists every market with each of Sprints detailed spectrum holdings on each freq?

Take it It's something you yourself compiled over years of information too?

Truly amazed at the amour of detail here and love it!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay I gotta ask at this point. Where do you pull all of this enormous info from? Like do you have a spreadsheet saved that lists every market with each of Sprints detailed spectrum holdings on each freq?

I have followed AJ's Sprint spectrum maps and posts for years. I am very grateful that he has decided to haunt our virtual halls. He's a tremendous resource.

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

I have followed AJ's Sprint spectrum maps and posts for years. I am very grateful that he has decided to haunt our virtual halls. He's a tremendous resource.

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

Yeah, It's nice to have someone with access to a tremendous amount of knowledge about Sprint so that they can share it with us!

Sgt., all of my info on spectrum licenses originally comes from the FCC ULS database, which is the official online repository for all FCC licenses. Some of that info I have compiled on spreadsheets for various projects. A lot of it, however, I know from memory, simply because I have dealt so extensively with spectrum holdings for about the past decade.

If you want to try me, name a major market or two, and I will list as many carriers and licenses as I can off the top of my head. I likely will be very close, if not spot on for Cellular 850 MHz and PCS 1900 MHz, less so for AWS 2100+1700 MHz and Upper/Lower 700 MHz, as those spectrum bands were licensed only in the past few years.

AJ

• Like 1

Sgt., all of my info on spectrum licenses originally comes from the FCC ULS database, which is the official online repository for all FCC licenses. Some of that info I have compiled on spreadsheets for various projects. A lot of it, however, I know from memory, simply because I have dealt so extensively with spectrum holdings for about the past decade.

If you want to try me, name a major market or two, and I will list as many carriers and licenses as I can off the top of my head. I likely will be very close, if not spot on for Cellular 850 MHz and PCS 1900 MHz, less so for AWS 2100+1700 MHz and Upper/Lower 700 MHz, as those spectrum bands were licensed only in the past few years.

AJ

Haha ill pass on testing you. There's no need. Lol

Was just curious. Haha ur always spot on and quick with replies on them. Massive memory you have.....wish I had it. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can find my analysis and change log for the new PRL here:http://www.batonrougebroadband.info

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to explain things.

take a look at PRL 21086??

think I pulled it from my EVO3D today correctly here...

http://db.tt/ZILBh8A4

take a look at PRL 21086??

think I pulled it from my EVO3D today correctly here...

http://db.tt/ZILBh8A4

PRL Comparison of PRLS 21085 to 21086

-Changes-

SID/NID 574/65535 United States Cellular - WICHITA FALLS TX- EVDO changed to: Enabled

EV-Scan: Sprint - 0084:0AC0(Same) - PCS/475 PCS/650 PCS/375 PCS/75 PCS/600 PCS/325 PCS/175 PCS/225

----

-Removes-

SID/NID 5177/65535 COMSCAPE COMMUNICATIONS - Williamson WV Removed.

-Adds-

SID/NID 5517/65535 MIDWEST WIRELESS - Fargo ND Added with:

Pref Geo:Same Prio:Same RoamInd:Domestic EVDO-Enabled:No

1X Scan: PCS/175 PCS/375 PCS/575 PCS/775 PCS/825 PCS/875 PCS/1175 PCS/625 PCS/650 PCS/850 PCS/250 PCS/950

----

• Like 2

PRL Comparison of PRLS 21085 to 21086

-Changes-

SID/NID 574/65535 United States Cellular - WICHITA FALLS TX- EVDO changed to: Enabled

EV-Scan: Sprint - 0084:0AC0(Same) - PCS/475 PCS/650 PCS/375 PCS/75 PCS/600 PCS/325 PCS/175 PCS/225

----

-Removes-

SID/NID 5177/65535 COMSCAPE COMMUNICATIONS - Williamson WV Removed.

-Adds-

SID/NID 5517/65535 MIDWEST WIRELESS - Fargo ND Added with:

Pref Geo:Same Prio:Same RoamInd:Domestic EVDO-Enabled:No

1X Scan: PCS/175 PCS/375 PCS/575 PCS/775 PCS/825 PCS/875 PCS/1175 PCS/625 PCS/650 PCS/850 PCS/250 PCS/950

----

Thanks as usual awesome work!

• 8 months later...