How long will it be until places like the greater Los Angeles area have blanketed LTE?

I just got the HTC One after ditching my old gs2 wimax phone, and I pick up LTE in many areas of the city, but there are still enormous numbers of dead spots in the larger Los Angeles area. I know many of sprints towers are slated for upgrades in the future, but that does not seem to be enough to solve the issue. They don't just need tower upgrades, they need more towers to fill in the dead/low signal areas.

Is that being worked on as well? I think we all want the dream of near complete blanket coverage of lte in Los Angeles, we kind of have that with 3g now, so when will it happen for LTE?

I just got the HTC One after ditching my old gs2 wimax phone, and I pick up LTE in many areas of the city, but there are still enormous numbers of dead spots in the larger Los Angeles area. I know many of sprints towers are slated for upgrades in the future, but that does not seem to be enough to solve the issue. They don't just need tower upgrades, they need more towers to fill in the dead/low signal areas.

Is that being worked on as well? I think we all want the dream of near complete blanket coverage of lte in Los Angeles, we kind of have that with 3g now, so when will it happen for LTE?

LTE on 800MHz and small cells will provide the fill in coverage you're looking for. LTE 800 deployment starts this summer. Small cells by the end of the year.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

LTE on 800MHz and small cells will provide the fill in coverage you're looking for. LTE 800 deployment starts this summer. Small cells by the end of the year.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I hope we will get to know where sprint puts the small cells, like we know about the cell sites are know

I hope we will get to know where sprint puts the small cells, like we know about the cell sites are know

Indeed. Then, we have a reason for S4GRU 2.0.

AJ

• Like 5

I have to imagine that is still pretty far out.. as in 2014 on?

2014 starts in just over 7 months. Not that far away, really.

Robert