White House nominates Wheeler as replacement for Genachowski as FCC chair

WiWavelength

AT&T's Jim Cicconi has good things to say:

"I've known Tom Wheeler for many years, and he is an inspired pick to lead the FCC," Cicconi said. "Mr. Wheeler's combination of high intelligence, broad experience, and in-depth knowledge of the industry may, in fact, make him one of the most qualified people ever named to run the agency."

Should we be afraid, very afraid?

AJ

• Like 2

I am curious what is Tom's view on the spectrum discrepancy among wireless carriers particularly between the big 2. I really hope that Tom will crack down on Verizon and ATT on the amount of low band spectrum they can obtain as well as the total amount of spectrum in their holdings in general. If Tom can help the smaller carriers in Sprint, Tmobile, US Cellular, Leap, etc bring some parity to the big 2, then I would be very happy with this FCC chairman.

AT&T's Jim Cicconi has good things to say:

Should we be afraid, very afraid?

AJ

Yes, we should.

But not because of his implied sympathies in his blog about the positives that could have evolved from the ATT/Tmo merger. No, we should fear him because he's a lobbyist. Enough grease and any wheel turns, especially with veterans like him.

Flipside, he may be even more likely to approve the Softbank transaction than the outgoing.

• Like 1

RevolvingDoor.jpg

Those of you who know anything about the government will know what this image represent. A government "free of influence from lobbyists and corporate shills..."... ya... right...

I cannot feel good about any nomination supported by AT&T. Red flags abound.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

I cannot feel good about any nomination supported by AT&T. Red flags abound.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

AJ

• Like 3