Custom PRL?

SeanK_

Do I have to be on a custom ROM to do this?

You might have to be rooted in the last update to the gs3 and note 2 sprint took away pro write. Easiest way to find out is by going to your dail screen and typing in ##data#, click view. If you do not see prl write then you will need to root you phone and flash the unhide prl write.

You might have to be rooted in the last update to the gs3 and note 2 sprint took away pro write. Easiest way to find out is by going to your dail screen and typing in ##data#, click view. If you do not see prl write then you will need to root you phone and flash the unhide prl write.

Never mind, I got it figured it out. I don't have a S3 or Note 2, so those steps won't work.

• 2 months later...

sorry to bug you all now, but any reason that now i have the custom prl my phone won't get on LTE lol. ##data# says lte disabled

yes enabled in settings-- more

That's not from the PRL unless you wrote one that is from a non-LTE device.

well to anyone who ever reads this, must ahve been working on that tower?  The next day I woke up it connected to LTE, but DATA screen still says LTE disabled when connected

need to get my MSL

well to anyone who ever reads this, must ahve been working on that tower? The next day I woke up it connected to LTE, but DATA screen still says LTE disabled when connected

need to get my MSL

I wouldn't worry about that setting.

well to anyone who ever reads this, must ahve been working on that tower?  The next day I woke up it connected to LTE, but DATA screen still says LTE disabled when connected

need to get my MSL

The internal DATA/Engineering/etc. screens are not meant to be accessed by the average person, they are not checked for consistency, accuracy, or even standardized across all device models. They are meant to give the information to the tech that needs it and nothing more.

I don't know of a single device that doesn't say LTE: Disabled personally. Yet LTE does work because that setting doesn't actually do anything.

Interesting, I read a lot of ppl on the Internet who had it say enabled when it connected. I've been told that jelly bean changed so that it would be enabled only when connected to lte, which was not my experience. (I guess I've cream sandwich used to say enabled... Just what I've been told)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta