AT&T May Try Billing App Makers

Duffman

This makes absolutely no sense to me as they already have usage based pricing.

From http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204653604577249080966030276.html

Subscribe for the rest.

BARCELONA—AT&T Inc. said it is considering a way to let the providers of mobile services pay for the cost of the data traffic associated with things like streaming movies and smartphone applications, opening up a new round of debate over the rules of the mobile Internet.

John Donovan, the executive responsible for AT&T's network and technology, explained the carrier's interest in the service in an interview, likening it to toll-free calling for the mobile-broadband world.

"A feature that we're hoping to have out sometime next year is the equivalent of 800 numbers that would say, if you take this app, ...

Its actualy a good plan if it works. Since app makers would get data wholesale it would be cheeper.

So instead of paying $8 for netflix. Youd pay like an extra dollar or so a month but your off the hook for the data. It could work if it was reasonable enough.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Its actualy a good plan if it works. Since app makers would get data wholesale it would be cheeper.

So instead of paying 8 for netflix. Youd pay like an extra dollar or so a month but your off the hook for the data. It could work if it was reasonable enough.

Wait. So the app data would not count against your plan with AT&T?

Wait. So the app data would not count against your plan with AT&T?

According to what I read, no it wouldn't count against regular monthly data allotments.

This should be unncecessary. Unlimited is alive and well in every country other than our own and the poor canadians. att must have had focus groups work to find new ways to add revenue with no investment and inventing a problem where there wasn't one was their answer.

By acknowledging that these companies need to sell data by the byte you have fallen for their scam. Never ever accept tiered data as if it were necessary. Fight against it!

Edited by lynyrd65

This should be unncecessary. Unlimited is alive and well in every country other than our own and the poor canadians. att must have had focus groups work to find new ways to add revenue with no investment and inventing a problem where there wasn't one was their answer.

By acknowledging that these companies need to sell data by the byte you have fallen for their scam. Never ever accept tiered data as if it were necessary. Fight against it!

Actually, there is 1 Canadian carrier with Unlimited Data. Wind Communications. They are a 2009 upstart, and they really have big potential if they would just hurry up and expand their network.

I don't trust anything AT&T does. Always an ulterior motive it seems.

Posted via Forum Runner

I just read something I thought was pretty funny and thought it would fit in well here...

A comment from a SprintFeed user:

I don't have WiMax and I got my Photon 4G Cash $$$$. I'm waiting of Sprint to get Samsung Note. I would bounce to AT&T, but they nickle-&-dime you to death!!! $79.99 for 1400 minutes, $20.00 for unlimited text, $30.00 for data, $20.00 7:00PM nights, $20.00 cause Im African-American, $20.00 cause I have forgien car, $29.95 cause my girl is fat, $19.95 cause I love Cleveland Browns!!! (You get my point!)
-Davidksims

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2012/02/is-dumping-your-wimax-phone-for-lte-really-beneficial/

• Like 3

I just read something I thought was pretty funny and thought it would fit in well here...

A comment from a SprintFeed user:

-Davidksims

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2012/02/is-dumping-your-wimax-phone-for-lte-really-beneficial/

lmao

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk