Verizon wants you locked up tight....tisk tisk

Sgt. Slaughter

So Verizon wants all phones with locked bootloaders.....ya dont say. lol

... According to this letter, they choose to have OEMs lock bootloaders because they want to continue to reach a “standard of excellence in customer service” that they have set. They feel that if they allow their phones to be unlocked, that they could potentially lessen the experience for users who choose to unlock as well as others on their network that do not. Since they take approved software seriously (and some times too damn slowly), they don’t want to see “unapproved” software running on a large number of handsets on their network.

Never once to do they mention security, something we thought for sure would be mentioned. ...

Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/02/29/letter-from-verizon-to-fcc-details-their-stance-on-bootloaders/#more-63166

also on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/29/verizon-lets-loose-its-stance-on-locked-bootloaders-in-letter-to/

If I was a carrier providing free tech support, I would want the bootloader locked, too. As a consumer, no way.

Id just not allow unlimited data period that way tethering would be a non issue as if you want to tether your computer from your phone go ahead thats more data and more $ in the end.

Besides that, I would just require people be locked to accept their calls or offer support to them at that time.

They don't want their customers to have freedom of choice. Is this why their color is red? Communists are also red... Interesting.

It was right in front of us the whole time and we never saw it. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

• Like 3

It was right in front of us the whole time and we never saw it. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Yes we do. We can still blame them for treating their customers like slaves.

Yeah, but what happened to good old fashioned "the customer is always right?"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That phrase doesn't exist anymore. Now its: The company is always right, and if the customer rebels, screw them!

That phrase doesn't exist anymore. Now its: The company is always right, and if the customer rebels, screw them!

I just swore off a bar after the bouncer crushed my beer at closing time

I just swore off a bar after the bouncer crushed my beer at closing time

The bouncer already offered to buy me a beer next time I go in. I win...

Yeah' date=' but what happened to good old fashioned "the customer is always right?"[/quote']

That phrase was made by an owner or manager of a high end hotel in New York I seem to remember.

The problem is that phrase only works on the luxury end. On the value end, you do not have the margin to work with.

• Like 3