Clearwire Plans to Tap Sprint Financing

bigsnake49

Clearwire Corp plans to notify Sprint Nextel Corp on Thursday that it will tap another $80 million of financing in April as part of its deal with the No. 3 U.S. wireless carrier, Reuters reported Thursday, citing two people close to the matter.

In December, Sprint offered $2.97 per share to buy the rest of Clearwire that it doesn't own, and provided the wireless broadband operator up to $800 million in financing that it could draw on in installments of $80 million over 10 months.

You might as well kiss Dish's counteroffer goodbye.

• Like 7

Yup and the more Clearwire taps into Sprint for financing, the more voting power it should get for the deal from all the shares purchased. I can't wait until May to read a press release saying the Sprint/Softbank/Clearwire merger has been approved by the FCC. It would be such a glorious day.

Hopefully shortly after that the US Cellular spectrum deal will be approved by the FCC because Chicago badly needs that extra 20 MHz of PCS spectrum.

Yup and the more Clearwire taps into Sprint for financing, the more voting power it should get for the deal from all the shares purchased. I can't wait until May to read a press release saying the Sprint/Softbank/Clearwire merger has been approved by the FCC. It would be such a glorious day.

Hopefully shortly after that the US Cellular spectrum deal will be approved by the FCC because Chicago badly needs that extra 20 MHz of PCS spectrum.

I thought the US Cellular deal was approved already.

Although it will take some time before the changes go into effect.

I thought the US Cellular deal was approved already.

Although it will take some time before the changes go into effect.

Between both parties Sprint and US Cellular the deal has been reached. However, I don't think he deal has been approved by the FCC yet.

Also, US Cellular is going to continue operating that network for a couple years, will Sprint be able to tap into the spectrum?

I believe they sold off only parts of their spectrum in some markets.

Also, US Cellular is going to continue operating that network for a couple years, will Sprint be able to tap into the spectrum?

Potentially, yes. See the comments following my article:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-334-updated-sprint-uscc-spectrum-deal-sprint-gets-20-mhz-broader-in-the-city-of-broad-shoulders/

AJ

• Like 3