Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Seeing good speeds in morning @ 24 hr fitness elk grove florin. It's early morning but usually it's around 300 kbps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Look like upgraded backhaul is in place from the site that serves you. Now the wait begins for the lte integration technicians.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Look like upgraded backhaul is in place from the site that serves you. Now the wait begins for the lte integration technicians.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yep, when you suddenly have super fast 3G after a cluster launches, it's a good indication that it will get LTE soon. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I could live without LTE if only I got those NV 3G numbers.

2.5Mbit on 3G would be a dream. (and is a whole 1Mbit faster than my home itself...) I hate how everything for phones points to use WiFi for better internet!!!*** when uh, not all of us have actually better home internet wifi then our cell service. :cry:

Its strange, ever since you said that Elk Grove has launched, my 1x/Data have been going bananas. I keep connecting to 1xRTT and then it drops and I switch over to 1x800 and on either one my mobile data doesn't work. I'm in South Sac bordering Elk Grove =/

Got 4g lte on my phone for the first time ever at my home. Im in South sac near elk grove florin and gerber. Speed was slow but first sign of progress for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Got 4g lte on my phone for the first time ever at my home. Im in South sac near elk grove florin and gerber. Speed was slow but first sign of progress for me.

This gives me hope, I'm by Bruceville and Cosumnes and i'm pulling the worst speeds ever but decent pings Lol, i get 1x800 but my data is around 150-200 ping and 2.4kbps. Or it just tells me data call failure or if I try to make a call it says Network Communication failure or something. Things usually go really bad then good, hope its true for this situation. Also do you mind posting a screenshot of your LTE from your S3?

I found a nice LTE pocket way out in Rancho, past the golf course. 

attachicon.gifscreenshot_1395940788529.jpg

If it's one of the two out off of Hwy 16/Jackson Hwy then it's a tower that has been active for quite a while. They have great speeds out in Mather. The speeds have been bumped up in the past several months I noticed.

I got LTE today as well in 2 very different, opposite parts of Elk Grove.

1. At my relatives house close to Bond Rd /Bader Rd, and it wouldn't leave LTE until I left that neighborhood. I don't know how to post pics but my speed test was 3.23 down, 1.38 up.  Over the last 2 years I would average .05 down in that neighborhood.

2. At my house by Big Horn Blvd / Meadowspring Dr just past Laguna High School. Noticed LTE late last night and then again this afternoon but then switched back to 3G after a few minutes. Speeds were around .50 mb down. This was the first time I've ever seen it light up in this area.

post-34119-139596065361_thumb.jpg

This is my first upload pic . not sure if it will work. All speed tests except for this one did not complete. They got stuck on upload and timed out. Will run more tests this evening

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1395960648883.jpg

This is my first upload pic . not sure if it will work. All speed tests except for this one did not complete. They got stuck on upload and timed out. Will run more tests this evening

I got LTE today as well in 2 very different, opposite parts of Elk Grove.

1. At my relatives house close to Bond Rd /Bader Rd, and it wouldn't leave LTE until I left that neighborhood. I don't know how to post pics but my speed test was 3.23 down, 1.38 up.  Over the last 2 years I would average .05 down in that neighborhood.

2. At my house by Big Horn Blvd / Meadowspring Dr just past Laguna High School. Noticed LTE late last night and then again this afternoon but then switched back to 3G after a few minutes. Speeds were around .50 mb down. This was the first time I've ever seen it light up in this area.

Need engineering screen pics and signalcheck. It wouldn't surprise me if you had -110+ dBm RSSI signal levels as those speeds are characteristic of that reception level. 

Need engineering screen pics and signalcheck. It wouldn't surprise me if you had -110+ dBm RSSI signal levels as those speeds are characteristic of that reception level. 

I just got Signalcheck lite. I'm not sure if this is the right screen or not.

Off of Big Horn Blvd/Meadowspring and Brockenhurst Dr on 3/28.

See it pop up randomly for 20-30 minutes.

post-18920-0-58396800-1396034298_thumb.png

post-18920-0-85785800-1396034304_thumb.png

post-18920-0-03575800-1396034311_thumb.png

post-18920-0-37892500-1396034316_thumb.png

I definitely get the weakest speeds in my house compared to my neighborhood. I took a 15 minute walk from my house off of Big Horn Blvd to the Misty Meadow Way tower by Wackman Park in Elk Grove. I was averaging 12-15 mb from the minute I turned the corner of my street right up to reaching the tower. Sorry I don't have the engineering screen.

post-18920-0-24345800-1396062227_thumb.png

post-18920-0-69550600-1396062232_thumb.png

Three sites in elk Grove accepted for 4g along with one in Eldorado Hills. Info available in sponsor area.

Also a single lonely site accepted in metro area of city of Sacramento.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Davis LTE is in the most useless areas right now. There are like 2 quarter mile big spots. Any idea when it's dense everywhere?

No. If you don't like how it is right now then feel free to go to another provider.

It is up to the contracted backhaul providers to get upgraded backhaul to Sprint sites and the scheduling depends on them. 4G does not go live without upgraded backhaul. Some backhaul contractors are faster than others (see Modesto) and some are slow as hell. It is what it is.

So I just pulled 24.8 Mbps down and 6.9 up in Elk Grove on my iphone 5. I can't wait for Sprint to finish up SPARK.

In case you don't know, the Spark update won't do anything for an iPhone 5 (except maybe lighten the band when spark devices jump to a different band)

Do you guys think sprint will ever get better then verizon and at&t in coverage?

No but it'll get close with the recent announcement from the CCA which allows other carriers to use sprints spectrum in return for native coverage and network vision standardized equipment. USCC and a few other regional will add a bunch of coverage for sprint once they get that program up and running.

Sent from my Nexus 5