Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Not clear enough especially since it's under some covers. Need closer look at antenna connections and the other RRU

Sent from my SPH-D710

It sucks I couldn't get closer. And I don't have access to a better camera. I've been away for a bit and didn't know they started putting different RRU's up. I guess it's time to catch up on what's going on.

Nexus 5 is available for order through the Play Store! Available from Sprint on Nov. 8th although I highly suggest buying it off contract through Google.

My plan it to trade in my currently unused evo 3d to get one on the one up plan.  I don't think you gain too much by going off contract with sprint since they don't offer you any insentive to do it unless i'm mistaken.

It sucks I couldn't get closer. And I don't have access to a better camera. I've been away for a bit and didn't know they started putting different RRU's up. I guess it's time to catch up on what's going on.

This tower definitely has NV Equipment up on the top rack though, so it should be near complete and ready to go on the list of hundreds of Sacramento Area sites waiting to be accepted.

My plan it to trade in my currently unused evo 3d to get one on the one up plan.  I don't think you gain too much by going off contract with sprint since they don't offer you any insentive to do it unless i'm mistaken.

They are already sold out of Nexus 5's already in pre-order. Delay is 2-4 weeks probably close to a month from the Nov.8th date.

They are already sold out of Nexus 5's already in pre-order. Delay is 2-4 weeks probably close to a month from the Nov.8th date.

how? I thought they didn't go on pre-order until tomorrow for sprint.

Edit: The play store isn't the same stock as the carrier.  I know they are out online but it wasn't even shown on the sprint site.

Yeah right there.

Have you noticed upgrades in 3G speeds?

I have, most days. they were pretty horrible the past couple weeks. In the last few days though, there have been great 3g speeds/pings.

Also, I'm not sure if its related but one of our clients was reporting internet connection issues here in stockton. They have (now had) clearwire service, and when we called them for more info they reported to us that the signal was so weak (1-2 bars) and slow because they turned off towers in our area. They were connecting via WiMax.

So, it sounds like the wimax towers are being shut down here! This is the first I've heard of that happening, but I've been slacking on keeping up with recent developments.

how? I thought they didn't go on pre-order until tomorrow for sprint.

Edit: The play store isn't the same stock as the carrier.  I know they are out online but it wasn't even shown on the sprint site.

I was talking about the play store...don't know what the individual carriers are doing...

Somebody recap things for me. Last time I posted everybody got upset about me stating my CRAPPY experience with sprint. Because it's November now and everything about my sprint experience is still CRAPPY. I remember reading on this site that October was supposed to be an exciting time for lte in Sacramento/Rancho. Did that ever happen and I just don't have a triband phone to experience it or something?

**Disclaimer**THIS IS BY NO MEANS A RANT please don't get upset and/or hurt.

The Nexus 5 is a no contract phone.

The Nexus 5 is a no contract phone IF YOU BUY IT THROUGH THE PLAY STORE.  As with any Nexus device and any device in general, the carriers can decide to do what they want with it.  T-mo sold the Nexus 4 for a 2-year contract when it came out and at $649, not the same price as Google.  Sprint is doing the same thing with the N5 (And T-mo+AT&T will probably follow suit soon).

Somebody recap things for me. Last time I posted everybody got upset about me stating my CRAPPY experience with sprint. Because it's November now and everything about my sprint experience is still CRAPPY. I remember reading on this site that October was supposed to be an exciting time for lte in Sacramento/Rancho. Did that ever happen and I just don't have a triband phone to experience it or something?

Well there's the sprint spark plan that is announced and "Available" on November 8th.  That is the TD-LTE network AFAIK and will be in select cities.  Apparently the Sac area will follow soon since it is only a software update IIUC, but not too much changes in Sac recently.

At this point nobody knows what the hell is going on with regards to sites going live. Sites are being converted rapidly but no workers are being sent to inspect or integrate (bring sites online) sites for one reason or another. This phenomenon affects every Samsung vendor region and our market is not alone.

Whenever Samsung, Sprint, or Ericsson Network Management teams think it's a good time to bring sites online is when we'll see sites being accepted. Till then it's a waiting game for those who are patient enough to do so. For those who don't then there's always alternatives available. 

I tend to point the finger at the Ericsson/Network Advantage people at this point. It looks like construction is done in a bunch of places in this area, but the Ericsson people are lagging behind on acceptances. 

• Like 1

I think it's fair to remind folks that those on this forum in the void between being on the teams who actually know what is going on and the general public that has been given little specifics about what is going on beyond "it's in the works." A lot of the information shared here is solid. Some is based in supposition. And some solid facts shared at one point may have suffered the effects of changed circumstances over time that make those supposed facts no longer accurate.

What I do know, or think I know, is that Sprint is on the verge of something quite spectacular here in Sacramento. Having been on and withnessed many large technology projects in my career, I can say there are many things that can get in the way of crossing over the finish line. I have seen projects go live before they were fully baked just to meet a deadline and suffer horrible post-live problems as a result of the rush to "git 'er done," projects fail to launch due to funding insufficiencies, projects delayed due to technical and resource constraint issues, etc.

Those who are suffering the obviously deficient services being delivered right now have every reason to be impatient. I am thankful for their testimony because it probably stopped me from becoming a Sprint customer yet (I'm still on Verizon with unlimited data on a deficient 3G device). I like they are hoping things finally come together in Sacramento soon because I would love to get me some unlimited tri-band LTE phablet goodness. I just hope I can limp along with my creaky 3G device in the meantime (and the wife is getting really impatient too).

• Like 1

Personally, I have seen some exciting things happening in Sacto/Rancho. I've seen a lot of construction vehicles and experienced random 4G LTE connections in both areas, including today. There's a lot of hands in the cookie jar in the upgrade process, so it takes time. But, things have been moving along quick in October. 

I'm still of the "by the end of the year" philosophy. And that isn't based on what Sprint tells me. It's based on the reliable info I get from certain people on the site and what I see on the ground as I pass by known Sprint sites. But, I'm a pretty patient person and won't freak out if I don't have exact info on when the proverbial switch is flipped. I seriously doubt anyone can give an exact date on when this will happen. It's all based on information that can change on a daily, or even an hourly, basis. But, I've seen changes finally happening physically at sites in the metro area. It's just a matter of time and it's inevitable.

• Like 2

Not really surprised tbh. I was sort if expecting it knowing their track record..

• Like 1

Hi I live near Madison Ave and Hillsdale Blvd Zip code 95842 and there is supposed to be a tower very close to that area. Does anyone know when upgrades to that tower is scheduled to begin? Very slow 3G speeds here.

Edited by DBZfan
  • Like 1

I was driving from Fresno last night and just before I hit Livingston my play list ended so I turned on my phone to my surprise 4g signal was on so I left phone on to see how long it will last and just as I entered Livingston bang no more 4g or 3g for some miles wondering if there doing Turlock then Modesto and finally Manteca

I was driving from Fresno last night and just before I hit Livingston my play list ended so I turned on my phone to my surprise 4g signal was on so I left phone on to see how long it will last and just as I entered Livingston bang no more 4g or 3g for some miles wondering if there doing Turlock then Modesto and finally Manteca

Lower Central Valley market. Different market and different progress.

Sent from my SPH-D710

It's the tower that's in Atwater.I was there last night and had 4G from that tower good speeds too.

So if Sacramento is a Tier 1 Market for TD-LTE, how come it wasn't announced with the others?

Sacramento and a decent amount of other major metros utilize Huawei gear for TD-LTE. It cannot do all the fancy stuff newer Samsung, Nokia Network & Solution, and Alcatel-Lucnet lightRadio equipment can do that was shown off at their technology demo which announced Spark. No carrier aggregation (LtE- Advance) or any fancy stuff other than a 2 or 3 TD-LTE carriers are possible compared to the others which can house 4 carriers and carrier aggregate all 4. 

TLDR: No fancy shmanzy stuff are possible from our clearwire equipment that Sprint Spark advertises.