Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Nexus 5 Announcement is today!

Doesn't look like it.  no press announcements yet, and there never was a statement coming from google about whether or not that was true (Just like the name Nexus 5, or KLP being 5.0, or many other things before that)

Any chance these are Sprint's? Never seen them before there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etlt85yic8fqh4o/2013-10-15%2012.03.19.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4qm0uv9c71h2ul/2013-10-15%2012.03.40.jpg

On the second pic on the lower corner of the building there are some small panels.

Downtown Stockton today!

On the second pic on the lower corner of the building there are some small panels.

Downtown Stockton today!

Top picture looks like Verizon's setup. They use a combo of smaller and bigger antennas. Not sure about the ones hanging off the building side in the 2nd picture....

with that being said i think once i get a tri band device and if we have 800 LTE up here it will be a good solid area.

Sweet. Considering that you're getting LTE there should mean that the area is being lit up. October's half way complete, and Davis should be getting its first signal any day now. I'm not gonna be changing my PRL, as I'm in love with the 1337 verizon PRL (it's actually numbered that). I'll change to the current Sprint PRL by the end of October and see if I can spot anything.

So I checked today what version or G2 was at my Best Buy, demo phone . It is the Sprint model. Lol. It's been sitting in our cabinet for a few weeks and I didn't even realize what model it was.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey guys. I live in East Davis, near target. I have a note 2. Would a october to December timeframe be good to wait for? It should make sense as Sprint doesn't really have much of an excuse seeing that t mobile did more than them in a quarter of the time.

Hey guys. I live in East Davis, near target. I have a note 2. Would a october to December timeframe be good to wait for? It should make sense as Sprint doesn't really have much of an excuse seeing that t mobile did more than them in a quarter of the time.

Presumably end of December should see a lot of LTE light up in the sac area.  AFAIK, T-Mo had a lot less to do in order to upgrade their network than Sprint did when they started.  However, Sprint is starting to upgrade their WiMAX to TD-LTE, which should greatly improve speeds for TD-LTE capable phones (I only know of the N5 and G2 off the top of my head) and that should move quickly because they don't have to do as much for every upgrade.  Someone else here should be able to provide more details and Info than that, but AFAIK that's the gist. 

Look back through the last few pages to get a general Idea of what's going on

Edited by da_kiem

I live in the 95842 zip code near Madison Ave & Hillsdale Blvd and just wondering if they/re in the process of upgrading any towers within  a couple miles in that area? According to Sprint there's a tower in that area. Has permits been issued to start upgrading the towers? 

I live in the 95842 zip code near Madison Ave & Hillsdale Blvd and just wondering if they/re in the process of upgrading any towers within  a couple miles in that area? According to Sprint there's a tower in that area. Has permits been issued to start upgrading the towers? 

Yep. 

I hope it will be soon enough before I decide to jump ship to another carrier. I bought my phone September of last year and was told of different date when LTE was supposed to be available in my area. Hopefully the merger of Sprint and Softbank should speed upgrade up a bit now Sprint has the capital to do the upgrades

There is a live LTE tower in Lockwood, NV (just east of Sparks).  Found it yesterday on my drive through. 

Yep, just came online a couple of days ago. 

I live in 95757 and frequent 95823. I still have another 10 months left on my contract. Will Sprint have LTE up and working by then (both areas had WiMAX)?

There is TD-LTE Active now...if you have a device that supports Sprints TD-LTE ( 2 different Hotspots) LG G2 is coming and Nexus 5 will be right behind it that will support 800/1900/2500. Sprints LTE on 800/1900 should be close to getting accepted on the sites that have been upgrading. In 10 months I would be pretty positive right now that you will get LTE across 800/1900.

There is TD-LTE Active now...if you have a device that supports Sprints TD-LTE ( 2 different Hotspots) LG G2 is coming and Nexus 5 will be right behind it that will support 800/1900/2500. Sprints LTE on 800/1900 should be close to getting accepted on the sites that have been upgrading. In 10 months I would be pretty positive right now that you will get LTE across 800/1900.

That's very encouraging to hear. I was thinking of jumping ship to tmobile because of the speeds I've seen on their phones. I suppose I will wait it out and give sprint a chance to keep my business.

Upper Central Valley - 5 updates (4 LTE)

1 Reno - Near intersection of Peckham Lane & Longley Lane 

1 Sun Valley - SE of Panther Valley RV Park

1 south Lake Tahoe - Harrahs

1 a bit north of Chico 

Downtown Stockton today!

is that around weber and main? I work right around there and have a pretty good view of those from outside my office windows.

is that around weber and main? I work right around there and have a pretty good view of those from outside my office windows.

Yeah right there.

Have you noticed upgrades in 3G speeds?

So we've been having a lot of issues lately. Signal literally fades in and out. It'll go from 1-4 bars (depending on where I am) to 0 bars or the no service icon. The 3g icon will just go away at random for a while.

I've called sprint. They said that the tower has been having power issues, and that they are also adding NV/LTE to it at the moment.

Twoish months ago there was some sort of big vacuum truck thing out by the tower dug into the ground. Since then there's been a lot of unmarked work trucks working around the tower. It looks like they added something... Says generac which is a company that makes generators and stuff.

So what do you all make of this? Also the area code is... 95227 or really close to it. I live in 95227 and this is on the edge of the next town. The town is Lockeford, CA. Tower is right on Highway 88 between Lockeford and Clements. (it's right as you exit lockeford)

So we've been having a lot of issues lately. Signal literally fades in and out. It'll go from 1-4 bars (depending on where I am) to 0 bars or the no service icon. The 3g icon will just go away at random for a while.

I've called sprint. They said that the tower has been having power issues, and that they are also adding NV/LTE to it at the moment.

Twoish months ago there was some sort of big vacuum truck thing out by the tower dug into the ground. Since then there's been a lot of unmarked work trucks working around the tower. It looks like they added something... Says generac which is a company that makes generators and stuff.

So what do you all make of this? Also the area code is... 95227 or really close to it. I live in 95227 and this is on the edge of the next town. The town is Lockeford, CA. Tower is right on Highway 88 between Lockeford and Clements. (it's right as you exit lockeford)

Network Vision upgrades. Permits issued and work probably has begun! Take some pics. 

The article goes on to say that it would be a niche product. Why would such a product be considered so? I think that it is the way of the future.