Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

That's what they're doing. Sprint is now in at the end of Phase 1 of Wimax conversion to TD-LTE and the start of phase 2 conversions. Phase 1 are the high capacity sites in strategic locations where there's heavy load and phase 2 is the rest of the wimax markets. We believe all wimax markets will be fully converted by the middle to the end of next Spring. 

If I understand correctly, the only confirmed TD-LTE Device is the LG G2 right?  IF all the rumors about the "Nexus 5" are correct, and it is based on the LG G2, and has LTE radios for Sprint ATT and T-mo, does that pretty much guarantee that it would have TD-LTE as well?

If I understand correctly, the only confirmed TD-LTE Device is the LG G2 right?  IF all the rumors about the "Nexus 5" are correct, and it is based on the LG G2, and has LTE radios for Sprint ATT and T-mo, does that pretty much guarantee that it would have TD-LTE as well?

Current confirmed tri-band devices (per FCC documentation) are the LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, Samsung Mega 6.3, and Google LG Nexii 5.

I just got a blip of 4G LTE again in Midtown Sacramento. This time I was on my way back to my cubicle which is close to several concrete walls and it went back to 3G after a few minutes. Speed test was 623k down and 134k up.

I know it may be West Sac but I just like to keep reporting. I'm about to head out for lunch and I'm going to pop on Sensorly and see if I pick up anything.

• Like 1

I haven't gotten 4G in midtown in at least a solid month, so this is a good thing. My office building is fairly new, but I get very bad reception when I am at my desk. Hopefully work will actually physically start soon. Exciting stuff!

• Like 1

signal check shows no eHRPD connection if i switch to CDMA only mode i get a crappy speed on EV-DO. could this mean something good is happening around here?

I haven't been getting the internet in redding all day either. Now that it's back though, it seems to be going faster. Senserly showed 1mb per second a couple of times downloading on 3G. So Hopefully there is something good going on. For a minute there, It looked like the tower by my apartments was being upgraded, but they just added some night lights to it. It's kind of funny I was watching them work all day for that.

Sprint 3G service so sucks and they keep claiming they going get LTE in SAC SOON but I don't see any progress I feel lyk I downgraded from metro....I can't believe sprint service sucks more than metro

ShoaibK, S4GRU is not a Sprint complaint site.  We do not allow rants, and your post violates our rules:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Sprint is deploying LTE across its entire national footprint.  MetroPCS, which is being absorbed by T-Mobile, is doing so only in selected areas that already have advanced backhaul.  As such, that makes the Sprint rollout slower but far more extensive.  If you want to follow the progress of Network Vision, you should become a sponsor:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

On the other hand, if you want to be impatient and complain, then you need to take your rants and possibly wireless service elsewhere.

AJ

• Like 5

Most interesting!

True! My parents went to a mexican artist concert on Friday night and said they had good 4g LTE signal inside the arena.

I see my mom made very good use of the LTE with the countless uploaded pics and videos :P

• Like 1

I actually did not have good coverage inside the area, lte popped up for less than minute and went out. Only realized I had lte was due to signalcheck

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It looks like a couple of guys were doing work on the Lake Boulevard tower in redding this morning :)

Not sure whose equipment that is from these pictures. We'll need close ups of the antenna wiring and the remote radio units (aka the boxes next to the antennas) to identify. 

Looking at those pictures it's a little hard to tell. I think those are AT&T setups looking at the actual Panel...which is a bit bigger then what Sprint is using for NV...hmmmmmm   I think Sprint actually might be on the rack directly below where they are working....1 panel per Sector for 3 total if you look closely at your last/bottom picture....looks like legacy 3G.

i am wondering since i live in a rural area would it make any sense to get a tri band?  i mean if i got something that was 800 LTE compatible that would make sense seeing as there are only 8 towers in my county but i dont see the point of having 2500 since it probably wouldnt reach me anyway.  i do travel to sac but not very often.  decisions, decisions.    ;)

i am wondering since i live in a rural area would it make any sense to get a tri band?  i mean if i got something that was 800 LTE compatible that would make sense seeing as there are only 8 towers in my county but i dont see the point of having 2500 since it probably wouldnt reach me anyway.  i do travel to sac but not very often.  decisions, decisions.    ;)

There's an extensive legacy Clearwire expedience network up in the Chico, Red Bluff, & Redding area that has to be replaced eventually. What better way than converting it to full builds and increasing site density up north by a factor of 2.

• Like 1

There's an extensive legacy Clearwire expedience network up in the Chico, Red Bluff, & Redding area that has to be replaced eventually. What better way than converting it to full builds and increasing site density up north by a factor of 2.

my wife works near that tower that just lit up up in red bluff she had been asking me if i wanted to move to red bluff.  i am SERIOUSLY considering it now either way one of us has to commute i think i would trade having a commute for 4G in the town where i live.   :)