Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Do you know how many towers the bay area has in total?

Somewhere in the 1500-2000 range. The population density is huge in the bay area and they need all the sites they can get. 

In comparison, our market is slightly above 500 in total.

Somewhere in the 1500-2000 range. The population density is huge in the bay area and they need all the sites they can get.

In comparison, our market is slightly above 500 in total.

Oh dang that's crazy. Ucv market or just the Sacramento area?

I have received some solid information and confirmation earlier today from another member that leads me to believe a Sprint cell site near the intersection baseline road & foothills blvd in Roseville is in 4G testing mode today and nearing completion. 

• Like 1

Yesterday on my way to the Wells Fargo bank in Downtown stockton passing by California street I saw an LTE tower on top of a building. It was on the other side of the Chase bank. Does anyone know if that is Sprint's?

Also, I had full signal LTE in downtown San Francisco and I only averaged 1.5 MBPS down, and in Oakland 3.4 MBPS. But in the Bart station in Dublin I was getting constant speeds of 13-17 MBPS. Does anyone know why that is?

a really really tall brick building?

a little southwest of the chase building, or another direction?

Hey has anyone noticed decreased signal strength on the HTC one vs any Samsung phone? I can't connect to LTE in my house while my Galaxy Note 2 can pull down 7Mbps. Could it have to do with the fact that the tower is still in testing?

Hey has anyone noticed decreased signal strength on the HTC one vs any Samsung phone? I can't connect to LTE in my house while my Galaxy Note 2 can pull down 7Mbps. Could it have to do with the fact that the tower is still in testing?

In terms of Rf performance:

GS4 >=GN2>>>>>LG Opt G >>>>> GS3 >= HT Cone >>>>>>>>> One X

Sent from my SPH-D710

In terms of Rf performance:GS4 >=GN2>>>>>LG Opt G >>>>> GS3 >= HT Cone >>>>>>>>> One XSent from my SPH-D710

oh okay because I've read some articles that the HTC One has some troubles in unlaunched markets, but speeds at my house have doubled since yesterday and speeds near the foothills blvd tower are blazing fast

post-19370-0-91780700-1372692043_thumb.png

3 LTE sites accepted yesterday. The first is way south of Rancho Cordova near Hwy 16 (jackson road) & Tree View Road. The other two are in Roseville & Citrus Heights near the exit of 80 & antelope and around the bel air supermarket on foothills blvd. 

Exact locations are marked on my sponsor permit / progress map & soon to be the interactive maps. 

• Like 1

3 LTE sites accepted yesterday. The first is way south of Rancho Cordova near Hwy 16 (jackson road) & Tree View Road. The other two are in Roseville & Citrus Heights near the exit of 80 & antelope and around the bel air supermarket on foothills blvd.

Exact locations are marked on my sponsor permit / progress map & soon to be the interactive maps.

Can you send me the link to the progress map

I'm hoping to see some more activity for my commute route (50 corridor from Folsom to Downtown).

All I care about is streaming music, wish I could get a little better than 160k down (for Spotify) consistently so that I wouldn't get the constant drop outs.

They better not decide to get rid of unlimited data after their upgrades are done.

In terms of Rf performance:

GS4 >=GN2>>>>>LG Opt G >>>>> GS3 >= HT Cone >>>>>>>>> One X

Sent from my SPH-D710

that's actually not true at all. The htc one just has a hard time connecting to sites still being tested. I've seen ridiculous speeds on the htc one

However the problem is htc one owners will run into is our phone, well the sprint version, only supports the older slower 1900mhrz band. And will not support the much faster 800 when sprint flips the switch on that band of lte so sadly we may not see the fastest speeds when it comes to data :-(

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

that's actually not true at all. The htc one just has a hard time connecting to sites still being tested. I've seen ridiculous speeds on the htc one

However the problem is htc one owners will run into is our phone, well the sprint version, only supports the older slower 1900mhrz band. And will not support the much faster 800 when sprint flips the switch on that band of lte so sadly we may not see the fastest speeds when it comes to data :-(

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Two things.

First, RF performance has nothing to do with speeds. lilotimz's post is fairly accurate in assessment of RF performance. Just because it's slightly weaker on RF does not mean it will have slow speeds. Once connected, speeds will still be very fast. 

Second, 800MHz LTE will not be faster than 1900. It will be the same configuration as Sprint's current PCS LTE, except in areas where the SMR spectrum is limited for Sprint. Therefore, it will have the same theoretical max of 37.5Mbps.

Two things.

First, RF performance has nothing to do with speeds. lilotimz's post is fairly accurate in assessment of RF performance. Just because it's slightly weaker on RF does not mean it will have slow speeds. Once connected, speeds will still be very fast. 

Second, 800MHz LTE will not be faster than 1900. It will be the same configuration as Sprint's current PCS LTE, except in areas where the SMR spectrum is limited for Sprint. Therefore, it will have the same theoretical max of 37.5Mbps.

Could it be a software problem? Or does it have to do with the aluminum hardware? Because it just seems like it takes awhile for it to switch from 3G to 4G, and using the signalcheck app it shows a Lte signal but still wants to connect to 3G even when 4G is available

Eh! Finally someone found the LTE site down over there and it seems to have a huge coverage area.

I'll take the same route back home tomm, hopefully I'll remember to map it lol.

post-12329-0-94781800-1372721730_thumb.png

• Like 1

Could it be a software problem? Or does it have to do with the aluminum hardware? Because it just seems like it takes awhile for it to switch from 3G to 4G, and using the signalcheck app it shows a Lte signal but still wants to connect to 3G even when 4G is available

I have seen no issues whatsoever with the ONE connecting to LTE. When I was checking out sites in southern Missouri a couple weeks ago, it had connected to LTE before I even thought to cycle airplane mode. SignalCheck isn't going to show an LTE signal before your phone actually connects. If it's showing an LTE signal, but you aren't connected, than it is either a glitch, or it is showing the last time you connected. It holds onto that value until you reset the radios, or restart the phones. 

I'll take the same route back home tomm, hopefully I'll remember to map it lol.

Yeah! That's pretty damn far from the actual signal source (which you can find on my map) but yay! 

Yeah! That's pretty damn far from the actual signal source (which you can find on my map) but yay!

Yea saw the location of that accepted tower on your map (the reason I took that route home). I was surprised wasn't expecting it to reach that far.