Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I was reading that T-Mobile and Verizon will be putting up 4G LTE-A towers by the end of this year.

Since Sprint's towers are pretty new would they support 4G LTE Advance towers and switch their current towers to that network mode?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-is-lte-advanced-and-why-should-you-care/

I was reading that T-Mobile and Verizon will be putting up 4G LTE-A towers by the end of this year.

Since Sprint's towers are pretty new would they support 4G LTE Advance towers and switch their current towers to that network mode?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-is-lte-advanced-and-why-should-you-care/

All Sprint Network Vision upgraded cell sites are LTE-Release 9 specification and can be software upgraded to LTE-Rel 10 (LTE-A) quite easily in the future. Sprint will be using LTE-A technologies like carrier-aggregation as we move into 2014; first for BRS/EBS 2500-2600 in 20mhz pipes (20+20) and then the current LTE PGS G block with another freed up PCS A-F block. 

It's not 5x10. It's 10x10 as that indicates that there are 10mhz dedicated for upload and 10 mhz dedicated for download (75 / ~25 DL -UL). Easy answer? They bought the entire 700 block for several billion dollars. 

-- Side Note -- Sensorly showing 4G in Rancho Cordova which is way out of range (i think) of the accepted LTE cell site way south of mather. Could be another site approaching completion around Rancho Cordova so keep your eyes out  and sensorly running over there.

gMX2LZZ.png

Hmm I work over there off of international but I'm not getting LTE

Will try again tomorrow

Got lte signal yesterday on Bradshaw and Jackson. Mapped to sensorly. Have been getting better reception in Rancho by city hall

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Got lte signal yesterday on Bradshaw and Jackson. Mapped to sensorly. Have been getting better reception in Rancho by city hall

Better "LTE" reception? by city hall?

No just 3g reception has improved. My wife works in one of the buildings. The city hall parking lot used to get 1 bar and used to roam but now it's 2 to 4 bars.

I just came back from taking a ride to check it out. I got LTE down old placerville and systems pkwy, along some stretches of Rockingham and Mather, down to international and Zinfandel. I'm hoping they start flipping all the switches asap and blanket all of rancho. It's been like 2 months since I yelled up to some techs on Coloma & McGregor saying it was gonna be up back then.

I just came back from taking a ride to check it out. I got LTE down old placerville and systems pkwy, along some stretches of Rockingham and Mather, down to international and Zinfandel. I'm hoping they start flipping all the switches asap and blanket all of rancho. It's been like 2 months since I yelled up to some techs on Coloma & McGregor saying it was gonna be up back then.

Hey, take it easy on the switch flipper.  In the meantime, just drink more Zinfandel.

AJ

• Like 2

I think that at least one tower was down in North Highlands last night. Possibly the ones off of Blackfoot and the tree tower off Walerga.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think that at least one tower was down in North Highlands last night. Possibly the ones off of Blackfoot and the tree tower off Walerga.

I didn't notice anything different last night. I'm pretty sure the one on Blackfoot was normal since theres been nothing going on with it yet.

I was at 24 hour fitness and had 0-1 bars when I drove by the tree tower maybe it was just that one that was down.

I was at 24 hour fitness and had 0-1 bars when I drove by the tree tower maybe it was just that one that was down.

Might be. I've been dropping down to 1x in and around Winco the past week.

Might be. I've been dropping down to 1x in and around Winco the past week.

Usually I get 4-5 bars in the parking lot of the gym.

Took a drive down bradshaw again today from grantline to hwy 50 and didnt get an lte signal anywhere or a hit on sensorly. Depression is setting in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Posted Image

Can anyone guess why the speeds have increased so much? Location is inside Walmart in corner of El comino and watt in Arden arcade. Speeds are double and upload is approaching 4g speeds.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can anyone guess why the speeds have increased so much? Location is inside Walmart in corner of El comino and watt in Arden arcade. Speeds are double and upload is approaching 4g speeds.

Those are not LTE speeds at all but good 3g speeds. When I was visiting the Googleplex in Mountain View I saw 2mbps down in buildings on 3g and around 2.5mbps outside.

Appears to be upgraded backhaul in place and 3G in testing. No way in hell are you going to get those speeds with legacy T1 backhaul which maxes out at 1.5 mbps and in an area like arden-arcade. 

Might wanna become a sponsor here in order to check out my map on the arden-arcade sprint cell sites which may be in progress. 

I'm going to. And did you mean 4g in testing?

Nah not 4G as that would be obvious. Enjoy that upgraded 3G speed while you can... they'll be switching back to the shitty legacy 3G antennas after they finish testing and do cluster launches after they get 10-15 cell sites upgraded in an area which will be many, many weeks away.  

I'm going to. And did you mean 4g in testing?

Nah not 4G as that would be obvious. Enjoy that upgraded 3G speed while you can... they'll be switching back to the shitty legacy 3G antennas after they finish testing and do cluster launches after they get 10-15 cell sites upgraded in an area which will be many, many weeks away.

dang I was hoping they were getting ready to test 4g. I was a little over excited lol

I'm getting no bars again this time at my house. I hope this is a good sign. I never see this here, sometimes one bar but never no bars for this long.

I'm getting no bars again this time at my house. I hope this is a good sign. I never see this here, sometimes one bar but never no bars for this long.Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That happened to me in Roseville for about 3 weeks before the NV towers were turned on.

• Like 1

Due to the massive heat session I didn't really leave my house the past week. Yesterday I went outside and swear that the data speeds was getting worse. My home internet went out (along with calling), so I had to use my phone to contact comcast. It took a good while to load their number and call quality was horrible. I live in East Davis which I heard is getting improvements, so lower quality at the moment might be expected; but I just wanted to get the news on what's happening in Davis right now. I'm kind of pissed as Sprint assured me (with their pretty good sweet talking) that LTE will come in the First half of 2013, after "delaying" the Spring release. Well no we are in July with shit quality. At least I could text people in my own home with AT&T....