Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Its weird because I always had 10 Mbps average, now only 1 max

Weird stuff happens but that's not our market to care for. I'm sure the local folks over there will complain if it's a permanent thing. Their area is considered launched after all so Sprint will have to recognize the problem and fix it.

Weird stuff happens but that's not our market to care for. I'm sure the local folks over there will complain if it's a permanent thing. Their area is considered launched after all so Sprint will have to recognize the problem and fix it.

Any new updates on any towers?

It's the calm before the storm at the moment. I expect a few sites here and there will be accepted every now and then but most sites are slated to begin over the summer so it's still early for mass acceptances. Probably best way to check on progress is to physically go to the cell sites and see if they're working on them. I think we won't see a steady stream of acceptances till mid july and august as most contractors appear to have begun in these past few weeks.

-*edit*- Found a few more permits applied / issued and moving up to issuance. A new contractor as well - SBA Network Services. 

• Like 1

It's the calm before the storm at the moment. I expect a few sites here and there will be accepted every now and then but most sites are slated to begin over the summer so it's still early for mass acceptances. Probably best way to check on progress is to physically go to the cell sites and see if they're working on them. I think we won't see a steady stream of acceptances till mid july and august as most contractors appear to have begun in these past few weeks.

-*edit*- Found a few more permits applied / issued and moving up to issuance. A new contractor as well - SBA Network Services.

Oh OK ic.. The only way to find out if work began is to go to the site and check or it shows online?

Oh OK ic.. The only way to find out if work began is to go to the site and check or it shows online?

Yep. If anything gets accepted then Robert will report it. We depend on member reports for a picture of what exactly is going on. 

Ihave some updated photos of the suspected "tower" on the corner of weber and main st in stockton:

http://bit.ly/1aT3ZnA

and also some (far away) shots of the tower on the 99 frontage rd behind raleys in morada:

http://bit.ly/17nAFTN

From what I saw these looked fairly old.

do we have a list of contractors sprint uses in our area? I think that would be very helpful in the permit search :)

do we have a list of contractors sprint uses in our area? I think that would be very helpful in the permit search :)

Yeah... go read the bottom of my permit thread post. Has every known contractor and their state license numbers. 

I got some lte signal in citrus heights a few days ago. :-D I'm in Arden arcade and map a lot of roads just to be up to date.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ah welcome to the site!

Yep! There are some bleedover signal in Citrus Heights from some sites near the exit ramp of Interstate 80 near roseville which I think you're getting in Citrus Heights. Nevertheless, your part of town is well under way and yall should feel excited over there....

*goes and cries in south / southwest sacramento*

Ah welcome to the site!

Yep! There are some bleedover signal in Citrus Heights from some sites near the exit ramp of Interstate 80 near roseville which I think you're getting in Citrus Heights. Nevertheless, your part of town is well under way and yall should feel excited over there....

*goes and cries in south / southwest sacramento*

Oh don't worry, I live in Arden arcade, quite a ways from Citrus Heights. I was just up there delivering some documents to TDS. So i share your pain of no lte :'(

I keep getting LTE signal off of 65 near the Costco in Roseville... I don't think it's bleed over signal... But it appears for 30 seconds or so. Can't seem to run a speedtest when I'm connected. Looks like some new equipment at this one tower. I'll check it out tomorrow

Oh don't worry, I live in Arden arcade, quite a ways from Citrus Heights. I was just up there delivering some documents to TDS. So i share your pain of no lte :'(

* looks at the permits issued for Arden Arcade.... 5 of 8 issued.. 1 ready to issue.. 2 unapplied...*

mhmm..

I keep getting LTE signal off of 65 near the Costco in Roseville... I don't think it's bleed over signal... But it appears for 30 seconds or so. Can't seem to run a speedtest when I'm connected. Looks like some new equipment at this one tower. I'll check it out tomorrow

Potentially.. post your location in my permit thread and we'll see if we can pinpoint which site could possibly be the culprit. 

Ah welcome to the site! Yep! There are some bleedover signal in Citrus Heights from some sites near the exit ramp of Interstate 80 near roseville which I think you're getting in Citrus Heights. Nevertheless, your part of town is well under way and yall should feel excited over there.... *goes and cries in south / southwest sacramento*

I work near the Old Speghetti on Sunrise Ave and ive got 4g lte all day at work. Have regularly gotten 1.0mbytes/sec down, saw a bit over 1.5mbytes/sec at the higher end.

Ah welcome to the site! Yep! There are some bleedover signal in Citrus Heights from some sites near the exit ramp of Interstate 80 near roseville which I think you're getting in Citrus Heights. Nevertheless, your part of town is well under way and yall should feel excited over there.... *goes and cries in south / southwest sacramento*

I work near the Old Speghetti on Sunrise Ave and ive got 4g lte all day at work. Have regularly gotten 1.0mbytes/sec down, saw a bit over 1.5mbytes/sec at the higher end.

that must be one they are still testing and working on to only be getting the speeds you posted.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So, I went onto Sprint's upgrade map and I typed in the city Sacramento, Ca. It tells me that there's 1 speed upgrade. What's going on?

Sprint is updating the map layers. RIght now, it's probably only showing network vision upgrades and not including the legacy bandaid fixes. It happens every now and then.

Yesterday on my way to the Wells Fargo bank in Downtown stockton passing by California street I saw an LTE tower on top of a building. It was on the other side of the Chase bank. Does anyone know if that is Sprint's?

Also, I had full signal LTE in downtown San Francisco and I only averaged 1.5 MBPS down, and in Oakland 3.4 MBPS. But in the Bart station in Dublin I was getting constant speeds of 13-17 MBPS. Does anyone know why that is?

• Like 1

Yesterday on my way to the Wells Fargo bank in Downtown stockton passing by California street I saw an LTE tower on top of a building. It was on the other side of the Chase bank. Does anyone know if that is Sprint's?

Also, I had full signal LTE in downtown San Francisco and I only averaged 1.5 MBPS down, and in Oakland 3.4 MBPS. But in the Bart station in Dublin I was getting constant speeds of 13-17 MBPS. Does anyone know why that is?

Weak signal down there in the bay. Sites are set for capacity and have a coverage range of a few blocks before another site is supposed to pick up. Probably only around 50% of sites are LTE active so people get to edge of signals much quicker which results in lower speeds as LTE is very sensitive to reception.

Weak signal down there in the bay. Sites are set for capacity and have a coverage range of a few blocks before another site is supposed to pick up. Probably only around 50% of sites are LTE active so people get to edge of signals much quicker which results in lower speeds as LTE is very sensitive to reception.

Do you know how many towers the bay area has in total?