Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

okay so I was able to upload these before I got home lol

here's the one from East Pine st, lodi ca:

http://bit.ly/12RSlbN

and beckman rd, lodi ca:

http://bit.ly/11LpCz9

I'm pretty sure the brown one is not the right tower, but I snapped some pics of it just in case since it was pretty darn close to the other tower and appeared to be at the same address. That's as close as I felt comfortable getting to this tower since it was pretty far back on someone's vineyard and I wasn't feeling particularly :ninja:

That still leaves Lower sacramento rd and I think one out in woodbridge.. I might be able to snap those tomorrow, and if either of these are too blurry to tell whats on them for sure I can snap these ones again with a better camera.

I'm trying to take my mind off things after work  :( and this is helping out a lot, so I'll be cruising around looking for sites these next few days. If there are any not too out of the way in stockton, I'll snap some of those as well.. I'll have to check the map tonight :D

• Like 1

and beckman rd, lodi ca:

I'm pretty sure the brown one is not the right tower, but I snapped some pics of it just in case since it was pretty darn close to the other tower and appeared to be at the same address. That's as close as I felt comfortable getting to this tower since it was pretty far back on someone's vineyard and I wasn't feeling particularly :ninja:

That still leaves Lower sacramento rd and I think one out in woodbridge.. I might be able to snap those tomorrow, and if either of these are too blurry to tell whats on them for sure I can snap these ones again with a better camera.

I'm trying to take my mind off things after work  :( and this is helping out a lot, so I'll be cruising around looking for sites these next few days. If there are any not too out of the way in stockton, I'll snap some of those as well.. I'll have to check the map tonight :D

East Pine is perfect. Not in progress but not unexpected since I didn't find a permit on it anyhow. The one on beckman is unclear but looks extremely promising on the top rack of 3. Google images of the top rack shows only 2 antennas from oct 2012. Just need some visual verification by either yourself (via samsung RRUs) or an image of the antenna with higher quality lens. 

On the other hand, I don't know what the hell is going in stockton without building permits reports unless someone actually visits their building inspection division (or whatever they call it). Several county sites to the east of tstockton were approved / issued though but I don't want to pressure you to driving all the way out there.

Much thanks!

Quick Edit : If the tower on Lower Sacramento Street gets turned on for 4g or 3g, it should cover at least 1/3rd of lodi!

Delhi is part of the Lower Central Valley so i dont keep track of things there. Better to ask in the lower central valley thread. Turlock has nothing issued yet but shouldn't be too far away as Modesto and surrounding area is humming along quite nicely in terms of permits issued. Work probably already began in Modesto.

is modesto the lowest of the upper market?

Is there anything happening in Elk Grove? My 3G has been acting up for the past week or so but I'm not sure where the towers are in my area, franklin blvd and whitelock.

Possibly. Two towers near laguana blvd near the old apple commercial buildings have permits issued for many months now but I don't think those towers should affect whitelock & franklin. There's a closer cell site on a power line structure in the stonelake area that I think serves the area. 

East Pine is perfect. Not in progress but not unexpected since I didn't find a permit on it anyhow. The one on beckman is unclear but looks extremely promising on the top rack of 3. Google images of the top rack shows only 2 antennas from oct 2012. Just need some visual verification by either yourself (via samsung RRUs) or an image of the antenna with higher quality lens. 

On the other hand, I don't know what the hell is going in stockton without building permits reports unless someone actually visits their building inspection division (or whatever they call it). Several county sites to the east of tstockton were approved / issued though but I don't want to pressure you to driving all the way out there.

Much thanks!

Quick Edit : If the tower on Lower Sacramento Street gets turned on for 4g or 3g, it should cover at least 1/3rd of lodi!

I have some more photos of the site at beckman here:

http://bit.ly/13PwjmV

in regards to the Stockton stuff, I've been in contact with that division for some time now and they don't seem to understand what I was looking for..they kept asking me to be more and more specific and I couldn't figure out how to be more specific than either all building permits that I would sort through, or all permits done to cell towers with FCC IDs provided.

How far east? Like I said, I'm trying to take my mid off some things so it might be worth the drive. Besides, this tower hunting is pretty fun :)

Epic!! I'll snap some shots of that one tomorrow evening.

Possibly. Two towers near laguana blvd near the old apple commercial buildings have permits issued for many months now but I don't think those towers should affect whitelock & franklin. There's a closer cell site on a power line structure in the stonelake area that I think serves the area. 

If I roll through there soon I'll snap some pics.

I have some more photos of the site at beckman here:

http://bit.ly/13PwjmV

in regards to the Stockton stuff, I've been in contact with that division for some time now and they don't seem to understand what I was looking for..they kept asking me to be more and more specific and I couldn't figure out how to be more specific than either all building permits that I would sort through, or all permits done to cell towers with FCC IDs provided.

How far east? Like I said, I'm trying to take my mid off some things so it might be worth the drive. Besides, this tower hunting is pretty fun :)

Epic!! I'll snap some shots of that one tomorrow evening.

Hmm... It seems that I was mistaken. Sprint antennas appears to be on the very top unless this site is ground mounted rru's which i doubt... hmm...

Anyways, for Stockton, specifically ask for Sprint applications for tower modifications or just any cell tower work that they have in the past 4 months. If that's not specific enough than I'll need to actually use the GIS Parcel viewer to confirm the actual addresses of these sites... Another option is to give them the contractor license numbers that I've placed in my permit thread.

and beckman rd, lodi ca:

The brown one looks like an AT&T site.

this is i-80 and sierra college closest shot i could get

I've noticed a huge drop in speed at Sierra College this last week... I was getting 2 down over EVDO... And now they upgraded the tower to eHRPD. Getting about .5-1 down now

this is i-80 and sierra college closest shot i could get

Not sprint. That's ATT. See my Samsung identification thread or your own accepted tower image for examples of Sprint.t

Yeah I've noticed to. I don't really understand what that means lol. I've noticed the same exact thing in the area of the fountains

basically it's a software/hardware upgrades to a tower for faster switching from 3G to LTE. With an upgrade from EVDO to eHRPD usually LTE is coming to the area soon. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

basically it's a software/hardware upgrades to a tower for faster switching from 3G to LTE. With an upgrade from EVDO to eHRPD usually LTE is coming to the area soon. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Not necessarily. Ehrpd is usually an indication of the local MSC being worked on and for seamless handoffs between 3g and 4g. It can appears for months before any sort of upgrades begin like our market which got ehrpd at the end of december / early january. 

Citrus Heights city clerk said that my request may not go through because their building permits are organised by address and she wasn't sure if they could filter by telecommunications or cellphone towers. So I have to wait and see.

In other news, just drove by a tower and noticed a guy working on it. Didn't have time to stop and check it out but it's on the little triangle at I-80, Antelope Rd, and Lichen Dr. Wil try to put up a small picture I managed to snap.

post-19126-0-90968100-1371592575_thumb.jpg

Edited by tilltheend

Citrus Heights city clerk said that my request may not go through because their building permits are organised by address and she wasn't sure if they could filter by telecommunications or cellphone towers. So I have to wait and see.

In other news, just drove by a tower and noticed a guy working on it. Didn't have time to stop and check it out but it's on the little triangle at I-80, Antelope Rd, and Lichen Dr. Wil try to put up a small picture I managed to snap.

attachicon.gifIMAG0014.jpg

Thanks for checking. You may want to donate a few bucks and become a S4GRU sponsor so you can actually check out my permit map which has exact addresses based off of GIS parcel viewers and the interactive maps that have all cell sites listed. I'll start finding those address in CH tonight I guess.  

And yes, that cell site is one of Sprints co-located sites. If they're working on what I'm thinking they're working on.. oh boy. If you can, check that cell site out when you have time and figure out which rack they're working on. Could be good news. 

Thanks for checking. You may want to donate a few bucks and become a S4GRU sponsor so you can actually check out my permit map which has exact addresses based off of GIS parcel viewers and the interactive maps that have all cell sites listed. I'll start finding those address in CH tonight I guess.  

And yes, that cell site is one of Sprints co-located sites. If they're working on what I'm thinking they're working on.. oh boy. If you can, check that cell site out when you have time and figure out which rack they're working on. Could be good news. 

So I may be a bit new at this but it looks like good news.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7gq826uns4rayes/Lo2wsPc5VG

I was in a bit of a hurry and the guy was sitting in his car sleeping but I managed to take these. Sadly All I had was my phone.

• Like 2

I was in a bit of a hurry and the guy was sitting in his car sleeping but I managed to take these. Sadly All I had was my phone.

AWWWW YIS!!! Submitted to in progress map and marked on my own map! That's a Sprint network vision setup!

You should really become a sponsor ;d

• Like 2

lilotimz, aren't some of those NV units?

Edit: you beat me lol!

AWWWW YIS!!! Submitted to in progress map and marked on my own map! That's a Sprint network vision setup!

You should really become a sponsor ;d

Yeah, passing by on the way back I noticed two of the panels were different and couldn't resist the urge to stop and get a good look. From your Samsung thread, I learned what the NV setups looked like and saw them. Had to take a picture. I hope to be able to take some more with an actual camera sometime tomorrow.

I hope to donate sometime soon.

• Like 2

Just have to look for those Samsung RRU's. It's nearly impossible to mistake those RRU's for anyone else as only Sprint is using those types. Much thanks! When you do, I guarantee you'll love what we have in the sponsor area! :)

Much thanks btw and keep an eye on the sky!

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while. Just joined to share this link from sprint's forums:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/587235

First 'evidence' of 4G being live in the Sacramento area as far as I know (provided that this is true).

Is it possible that this is only wimax 4g?

EDIT: The guy says that he was activating an S4 so I guess this would be 4g lte since the galaxy S4 is unable to do wimax.

Edited by jwigley