digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

there is 10.95gb showing as total space on the device storage (stock), but even still some of that is used by non-system/rom apps/updates

in my note2 I have a 64gb sdmicro card (factory formatted exfat) which gives 59.45gb.

Not sure what the space is on digirom, I need to update to latest when I get time.

Space isn't a factor especially since you can throw in sd cards. For me it was about battery life and other processes running.

I totally understand that u can easily pop in a sd card for more space. Getting good battery life is pretty darn important.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trying to get all share to work. ..any suggestions?

You'll have to put the Allshare APKs back in the system/app folder first.  They're in the first post.  Think there is a FWUpgrade one as well.

You'll have to put the Allshare APKs back in the system/app folder first.  They're in the first post.  Think there is a FWUpgrade one as well.

Thanks! I finally figured it out. Lol

DigiBlur:

Excellent ROM.  I use my phone heavily throughout the day (over 100 texts, surf Tweetcaster, numerous emails, play games about 45 minutes, hour of calls, 2 hours of using Poweramp for music) and there's still some battery juice when it recharges at night.

Bravo!

p.s. - And I am an AOSP lover, but battery performance supersedes the look I prefer on my phone.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Digi

First of all, thanks for the work, and the thought, put into the ROM.  It sounds great.  I've recently upgraded from an EVO 4G, and am looking for a ROM for the Note 2.  Your philosophy is remarkably similar to mine, put in the minimum and allow users to add what they need/want.  One question.  Did you unlock the hot spot and/or is there a teather?  If not, can I reasonably easily get them?

Digi

First of all, thanks for the work, and the thought, put into the ROM.  It sounds great.  I've recently upgraded from an EVO 4G, and am looking for a ROM for the Note 2.  Your philosophy is remarkably similar to mine, put in the minimum and allow users to add what they need/want.  One question.  Did you unlock the hot spot and/or is there a teather?  If not, can I reasonably easily get them?

No, I don't add features that break your Sprint Terms and Conditions nor do we speak of them here at S4GRU. 

• Like 2

I'd totally be all over this if there was a way to show the long tower ID codes and not just the 3 digit number that more or less just identifies which sector.

I'd totally be all over this if there was a way to show the long tower ID codes and not just the 3 digit number that more or less just identifies which sector.

I actually prefer the three digit codes. Easier to remember. Plus it makes it fun to hunt. Kinda like the old days of hunting down the EVDO PNs.

• Like 2

Okay, not sure why we don't talk about things on a non-affiliated forum, but your sandbox, your rules.

Anyway, I flashed the ROM and am liking it except for one issue.  When I switch to handwriting recognition in messages or gmail (haven't tried it elsewhere yet), the input area won't switch back to the keyboard without rebooting.  .  I thought that was the function of the A/ - 1/ button on the bar above the handwriting field, but that doesn't do it.  Changing apps won't work.  I don't see the little icon in the notification bar, or anything else that would allow me to switch it back.  Have I missed a switch or setting or something?

Yes, my rules but also the forum rules as well. No need to open any of ourselves to the nonsense of helping others break their contract conditions.

On the ROM question I do not know as I have never used that feature. Maybe someone else can chime in that uses that as I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot it.

Anyway, I flashed the ROM and am liking it except for one issue.  When I switch to handwriting recognition in messages or gmail (haven't tried it elsewhere yet), the input area won't switch back to the keyboard without rebooting.  .  I thought that was the function of the A/ - 1/ button on the bar above the handwriting field, but that doesn't do it.  Changing apps won't work.  I don't see the little icon in the notification bar, or anything else that would allow me to switch it back.  Have I missed a switch or setting or something?

Also, I've since installed the Touchpal keyboard, which works fine.  And the icon now appears in the notification bar and shade allowing you to switch input methods, but even switching back and forth between Samsung and Touchpal doesn't reset the Samsung keyboard to the keyboard mode from the handwriting mode.  It still requires rebooting.  its a workaround, but kludgy.  Help?

Also, I've since installed the Touchpal keyboard, which works fine.  And the icon now appears in the notification bar and shade allowing you to switch input methods, but even switching back and forth between Samsung and Touchpal doesn't reset the Samsung keyboard to the keyboard mode from the handwriting mode.  It still requires rebooting.  its a workaround, but kludgy.  Help?

I just looked at a Sprint Note 2 with a stock ROM.  The keyboard doesn't have the A/ key left of the spacebar.  The mic key is there.  Is this keyboard layout taken from another carrier's version of the Note?  Or another Samsung product entirely?  Maybe that's why its glitching?

I just looked at a Sprint Note 2 with a stock ROM.  The keyboard doesn't have the A/ key left of the spacebar.  The mic key is there.  Is this keyboard layout taken from another carrier's version of the Note?  Or another Samsung product entirely?  Maybe that's why its glitching?

The keyboard APK hasn't been touched.  It could be possible that there is another APK for the speech recognition.  I provide a list of APKs that have been removed along with the APKs themselves for people to add features in that they need.  I don't use a lot of the stuff like that so it is taken out for the barebones look/feel.  I would try adding stuff back in that might pertain to this. 

The keyboard APK hasn't been touched.  It could be possible that there is another APK for the speech recognition.  I provide a list of APKs that have been removed along with the APKs themselves for people to add features in that they need.  I don't use a lot of the stuff like that so it is taken out for the barebones look/feel.  I would try adding stuff back in that might pertain to this. 

Ok, got it. 

The keyboard apk may not have been touched, but it lost the voice recognition (mic) button when some other apk was removed.  A long press on the A/ button just to the left of the spacebar (variously labeled T/, A/ or 1/, the / being a picture of the s-pen) pops up a few choices, one of which is the keyboard, but not the mic which is the default in the stock keyboard.  Also, pulling out the s-pen while in a text composing screen automatically changes the keyboard to text recognition mode, but putting it back doesn't reverse the process.  You need to long press that A/ button and select the keyboard icon. 

Also, to do voice to text texting, for instance, you need to load the Skype apk and switch to that keyboard, or install Touchpal which also works.  I installed the s-voice apk back in to see if that did it, but that's not the missing apk.  As either the swype keyboard or the touchpal keyboard is perfectly fine for me, I'm probably not going to hunt for the apk that would 'fix' the samsung keyboard, but if anyone finds it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ok, got it. 

The keyboard apk may not have been touched, but it lost the voice recognition (mic) button when some other apk was removed.  A long press on the A/ button just to the left of the spacebar (variously labeled T/, A/ or 1/, the / being a picture of the s-pen) pops up a few choices, one of which is the keyboard, but not the mic which is the default in the stock keyboard.  Also, pulling out the s-pen while in a text composing screen automatically changes the keyboard to text recognition mode, but putting it back doesn't reverse the process.  You need to long press that A/ button and select the keyboard icon. 

Also, to do voice to text texting, for instance, you need to load the Skype apk and switch to that keyboard, or install Touchpal which also works.  I installed the s-voice apk back in to see if that did it, but that's not the missing apk.  As either the swype keyboard or the touchpal keyboard is perfectly fine for me, I'm probably not going to hunt for the apk that would 'fix' the samsung keyboard, but if anyone finds it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Its Googleapps.apk that adds the mic key, if anyone is interested.

I don't know of that one nor is it listed in the 100% stock build that I can see.[/quote

Sorry. I'm not a coder by trade and forget I need to be more rigorous when posting on forums. It's my shorthand for the various versions of Google's .apk, the pertinent one being gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, for installing Google's applications. It's not in the removed list, so I'm not sure which Google app installs the mic button and voice to text functionality. The apk can be downloaded through Goomanager if your using aTWRP recovery, or directly from various websites. Installing the zip immediately after the ROM installs a number of Google Apps and incidentally restores the mic button.

Digi will you include the patch for the recent hole found in Android? Or does your rom already have it sealed?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If Samsung sends out an update I will update to it. But in the mean time stick to using the PlayStore for your app downloads and you are good to go.

• Like 1