New Qualcomm Chip to Eliminate LTE Carrier Fragmentation

chaddy0122

Great and all but you still have to have the individual switches, rf amps, antennas, etc tuned for each band.

They're working on that, right? I mean there are a lot of novel antenna designs that are in testing right now that should help a lot. Last antenna I heard about in testing supported 12 bands, so we're getting closer to a real solution. Within the next few years, we probably won't get to ONE phone that will work on every LTE network, but we should get to at least one that works on at least the larger networks in the majority of countries, and at a minimum one phone for all the LTE networks inside the US.

They're working on that, right? I mean there are a lot of novel antenna designs that are in testing right now that should help a lot. Last antenna I heard about in testing supported 12 bands, so we're getting closer to a real solution. Within the next few years, we probably won't get to ONE phone that will work on every LTE network, but we should get to at least one that works on at least the larger networks in the majority of countries, and at a minimum one phone for all the LTE networks inside the US.

Haven't seen an revolutionary breakthroughs in antennas and/or transceivers in years. Think you are confusing the multiband chipset thing.