tri band phones

To someone that has limited knowledge of this stuff (me) that seems to make the most sense. I can't wait to get one -- I am so curious as to what the 800 band will do for me being in between two 1900 towers in which I rely on an airrave...

I've been waiting for this. Hopefully there aren't too many new release distractions between now and the end of the year as I tend to jump on the next flagship device every six months or so.

• Like 2

As I expected, I'll be upgrading my phone mid-year (one year after getting my current handset). I can live with that...my SIII will probably command a fair amount of resale value...but this just underscores the fact that 24-month contracts are broken these days, with everyone refreshing hardware in cool ways every year. *shrugs*

What do you guys do to get a new device? You guys buy them at the full amount or what? I would like to upgrade every so often but I find it to be too expensive.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

I buy at full amount if I need a phone more than once a year otherwise I use the line I got for my mother to use as an emergency phone alternated with my line. By selling my phones when I am done I have not paid anything for my phones for the last 5 years or so (ATT 8125 was last phone that actually cost me money)

• Like 1

What do you guys do to get a new device? You guys buy them at the full amount or what? I would like to upgrade every so often but I find it to be too expensive.

I personally take very good care of my devices... Sell them on eBay/Craigslist and use the proceeds to discount the full price purchase.

Sold my gs3 for $375, picked up note 2 for $535. After eBay fees , I'm in something close to the $249-300 price it was going for in December.

I'm not going to get too excited for these multi band phones just yet. All in time. It's not a reason to delay a purchase you were about to make, say for a note 2. If sprint said "late 2013" I would expect that mean an oct-nov launch. Then u have to wonder, what will it be? Prob not the galaxy 4 as that will already be out. The new evo? Doubtful that we get past the summer without a new evo. Maybe the next note or a Flagship "re-released" .Maybe a Motorola given the time frame we usually get those. Then comes question of when your market gets smr LTE and if it gets 2.5LTE..... If you're in a fringe area, you will enjoy smr voice with all the current phones....so if LTE is your reasoning to wait, we'll I guess..... Just think the waiting game will cause irritability and anger if you waited for that perfect device and it turns out to be a battery or signal turd or you don't see the other spectrum used in your area until late 2014

I'll be looking out for the tri band LTE devices. My contract ends in June 2013 and I would love to pick up a LTE phones with 800/1900/2500 MHz LTE support. If the SGS4 phone has tri band LTE, I am sold.

• Like 1

My brother and I have an agreement. I get to use his upgrade (and my own) to get new phones every year then he gets what I had last as a hand-me-down. It works for me as I have yearly upgrades and it works for him because he doesn't like to spend money to buy new phones but wants to upgrade too (would've gotten a free phone anyway) and he get's one of the best phones from a year ago which is decidedly better than the free phone.

• Like 2