Something odd about panels

markjcc

This is a dedicated (i think) Clearwire Wimax site

but i know it hosts clear's Wimax 2.5Ghz but today while driving i noticed something about it @ the top there are small panels that appear to not have wires running to them and they been there for awhile now.

2012-12-15_1803.png

Could this be LTE?

Edited by markjcc

Your photo is blurry. It's hard to see. Where in the world is this?

Robert

Hawaii Maui Near W Kaahumanu Ave

2012-12-15_1916.png

ill switch to my other phone and get a better picture.

Edited by markjcc

ill switch to my other phone and get a better picture.

This is akin to saying, "I'll switch to my other car to make a better omelet," if you catch my drift...

;)

AJ

• Like 2

My Pinto makes a great omelet.

I take it "Pinto" is the name of the Mexican illegal immigrant smuggled up I-35 to cook and clean for you.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

My Pinto makes a great omelet.

I thought the Pinto only made food char-grilled?

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 3

I thought the Pinto only made food char-grilled?

Oh, are we talking about the Ford Pinto, the car? In that case, it makes food only blackened.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Oh, are we talking about the Ford Pinto, the car? In that case, it makes food only blackened.

;)

AJ

The Ford Pinto...Unsafe at any flavor.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

The Ford Pinto...Unsafe at any flavor.

Meanwhile, our Lousiana members, digiblur and bigzeto, are saying, "Blackened...mmm..."

AJ

• Like 6

Alright well i have a better picture but i noticed something weird with my service in a good way

the speeds got faster and my modem Frequency 2651500 kHz

2.6Ghz?? i thought clear uses 2.5Ghz

First, I would question whether your modem reports its uplink channel frequency with the right unit of measurement (e.g. Hz, kHz). Second, wireless spectrum usage is very different from wired spectrum usage because the latter is largely confined to physical cables.

AJ

As to my previous post

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2685-clear/page__view__findpost__p__71936

i called in clear last night and asked them about that

they checked the tower and they are reporting issues on it Speed and Connection Wise and there sending someone there to fix it!

Problem is are they going to fix it lol...

First, I would question whether your modem reports its uplink channel frequency with the right unit of measurement (e.g. Hz, kHz). Second, wireless spectrum usage is very different from wired spectrum usage because the latter is largely confined to physical cables.

AJ

The Clear Spot Voyager does indeed use KHz as the frequency unit, as markjcc posted. As does the Clear Hub Express. Judging from his posts, "modem" = a Clear Hub Express or similar, sucking in WiMAX in BRS/EBS and spitting out WiFi in the 2400000 KHz band (yep, I'm being obnoxious)...or wired copper Ethernet, if that's your flavor.

Spreaking of flavor, it's been awhile since I've had good Cajun food. I'd say I'd remedy that while en route to Florida Sunday, but Prejean's is way too expensive these days.

The Clear Spot Voyager does indeed use KHz as the frequency unit, as markjcc posted. As does the Clear Hub Express. Judging from his posts, "modem" = a Clear Hub Express or similar...

I expected cable modem, which is likely using an uplink channel below 100 MHz (100,000 kHz). But if we are talking WiMAX modem, then the BRS/EBS band is 2496-2690 MHz (2.496-2.690 GHz).

AJ