Have I fallen victim to a network abuser?

Well, I usually have great 3g speeds at my house at 2.5mbps with around 100 ping time. This was pretty consistent all day and at peak hours, it'd still be over 1800kbps. Well as of about a week ago, I noticed my speeds were averaging 200kbps and ping times were between 300-500. I called sprint and they said there was a ticket that stated an outage occurred in my area. They said this would be resolved Oct 11th. Well, in the morning on Oct 12th, I noticed the speeds were still really bad so I contacted sprint and asked them to check the ticket number they gave me. They stated the ticket number was removed from the system and that meant things were fixed. Well after waiting 30 minutes, sprint finally found another ticket number stating an outage was still in my area and that it would be resolved Oct 16th. Well I just did a speed test and I got pretty bad results again. During the night though, I get the 2.5mbps speeds that's always been there. During the day, I get 200 kbps speeds and 300-500ping. There's no way that this could happen this rapidly in a series of a week, right? I would believe sprint having an outage if my speeds consistently had slow results 24 hours a day, but at night things return to normal. I'm convinced someone is abusing the sprint network during the day and tethering their usage on unauthorized devices by using illegal methods. Any thoughts? I'll call Sprint tomorrow and maybe they will say there's a delay somewhere. I've went to the site in my neighborhood and are no signs of network vision there so I know it's not side effects of network vision.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm convinced someone is abusing the sprint network during the day and tethering their usage on unauthorized devices by using illegal methods.

Get a spectrum analyzer and a gun.

AJ

• Like 3

Brilliant! Where can I grab myself a spectrum analyzer?

Come over to my house. My spectrum analyzer is in my office. But FYI, my house is a no "conceal and carry" zone.

AJ

At night, phone usage tends to be less. I am guessing that there because of the outage, you connect to a legacy tower now. All you can do is wait. This happened to me for a week after the hurricane but because I live in NYC they were able to get the tower back up quickly and soon I got my 1.8 mbps speeds again.

Do you have a poster hanging up displaying the Full Metal Jacket/Sergeant Hartman rifle mantra too?

The only poster in my house says, "Lock & Load." Lock in the appropriate modulation. And load the proper impedance.

But I do keep R. Lee Ermey up in the attic in case I need a quick pick me up.

AJ

• Like 1

At night, phone usage tends to be less. I am guessing that there because of the outage, you connect to a legacy tower now. All you can do is wait. This happened to me for a week after the hurricane but because I live in NYC they were able to get the tower back up quickly and soon I got my 1.8 mbps speeds again.

Well I don't have nv in my area and it hasn't started yet. I'm not sure there is an outage or not. I think its an abuser that's draining the capacity.

Sounds like typical usage of an over burdened tower. Been seeing that for years.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Yeah, it's just surprising that it all of the sudden happened. Speeds during the day time used to be 1800kbps+ a week ago and now it's always at 200kbps. :'(

Yeah, it's just surprising that it all of the sudden happened. Speeds during the day time used to be 1800kbps+ a week ago and now it's always at 200kbps. :'(

<searching for canned replies and silver linings>

1. "Things will get worse before they get better."

2. "LTE must be coming."

Maybe coincidence, but here in Miami, my speeds suddenly turned to crap just before LTE began popping up.

• Like 1

<searching for canned replies and silver linings>

1. "Things will get worse before they get better."

2. "LTE must be coming."

Maybe coincidence, but here in Miami, my speeds suddenly turned to crap just before LTE began popping up.

Well maybe they did start on my tower. I just didn't see anything when I went to the site in person. My hopes is that the tower really had an outage and instead of fixing it, they're just installing nv upgrades to it.

Also, here's some pictures from the 11th (when the issue arised).

. . .

I can't tell if anything's wrong with it - it all looks normal.

My impression from lurking at S4GRU is that issues can arise area-wide, not necessarily by tower.

Life taught me to expect all transitions to have unwanted side effects. Oh, here's another canned reply/silver lining:

3. "There is light at the end of the tunnel."

Meanwhile, I remind myself that there is life beyond my smartphone. <aiming my imaginary telescope at outer space>

:dazed:

My impression from lurking at S4GRU is that issues can arise area-wide, not necessarily by tower.

Life taught me to expect all transitions to have unwanted side effects. Oh, here's another canned reply/silver lining:

3. "There is light at the end of the tunnel."

Meanwhile, I remind myself that there is life beyond my smartphone. <aiming my imaginary telescope at outer space>

:dazed:

SHUN the non-believer!!!

• Like 1

The only poster in my house says' date=' "Lock & Load." Lock in the appropriate modulation. And load the proper impedance.

But I do keep R. Lee Ermey up in the attic in case I need a quick pick me up.

AJ[/quote']

I often channel my inner R. Lee Ermey (from full metal jacket not saving silverman)