Sprint Black Friday deals

Roberto

I couldn't be happier with the Note 2 but the GS3 is a great phone too. To be honest I don't think its worth 6x times more than a GS 3 for $50. You could get the S3, media dock, another battery, 100 nfc tags, mobile dock and more for the same price.

I think the new media dock only works with the GN 2 and I wanted to get one of those. Your point is well taken though, and I'm going to get the GS 3 on Black Friday. I need a new phone and can't pass up that price. I will look for Robert's report from his Thanksgiving tests and may return the GS 3 for the GN 2 if it seems warranted.

It's the RF output numbers from the FCC docs. Of course if you've ever dealt with wireless, power isn't everything.

Help me understand these numbers better. Do they mostly pertain to "send" strength or do they also apply to the phone's ability to receive the signal?

Help me understand these numbers better. Do they mostly pertain to "send" strength or do they also apply to the phone's ability to receive the signal?

I believe so but that's an AJ question and subject matter. I only stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night and pretend to know what it is ;)

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

• Like 3

Just an FYI. In case you fellas want you new GS3 instantly on Black Friday.

Walmart - $129 and you recieve a $100 girft card with it making the phone essentially $29

Best Buy - $48.88

Sams Club - $0.97 (need to be a member of course)

i plan to purchase online from sprint to avoid the black friday madness

• Like 2

Walmart - $129 and you recieve a $100 girft card with it making the phone essentially $29

Best Buy - $48.88

I'll get the GS 3 Fri from Best Buy. That will give me a good deal now and a 30 day return window in case a retailer puts some Christmas magic on the GN 2.

Best Buy - $48.88

Best Buy Rewards says they went live with the $48 price at 11:00 am EST today (Monday) for "Silver Rewards" members. On-line only.

Later (Also noted by chanceit): The web site is not showing the correct pricing, but there is a toll-free number listed. I haven't called it yet, as I am waiting to hear from the family member whose phone I am thinking about replacing.

Edited by tommym65

In my experience, that is always the case.

My ? Is if I am only 8 months in my contract can I still get it for 50? And if I currently got a balance on my bill but my phone is still active?

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

My ? Is if I am only 8 months in my contract can I still get it for 50?

most likely not, you would need to have an upgrade eligible line.

And if I currently got a balance on my bill but my phone is still active?

If your account is not overdue and in good standing, I don't think it matters if there is a balance.

I got the balance part but if Im sure the add said a new two year contract as in I can just extend it??? Am I wrong?

You are mistaken, you can not keep buying discounted phones by simply extending your contract.

Unless sprint sends you an 'early upgrade' promotion or you are within a few days/weeks of your upgrade period, you will not be eligible for the upgrade price (ie you would have to pay full retail price or buy via ebay/craigslist).

text upgrade to 1311 and it will tell you when you are eligible for upgrade pricing.

alternatively you could add an additional line, but then you are paying for 2 services. If you cancel either line before your contract is up, then you are subject to the early termination fees.

Best Buy Rewards says they went live with the $48 price at 11:00 am EST today (Monday) for "Silver Rewards" members. On-line only.

Yeah, I got that too. After logging in I couldn't get it to show the $48 price, so I'll wait till Fri. That should push my return window to nearly Christmas eve. The later the better.

How likely is it that Best Buy will price match Sam's Club? Also, how hectic does it get in Best Buy on Black Friday evenings?

I don't think BB will match a members club. I talked to a BB mgr tonight in Dallas and asked him about Black Friday crowds. He said by midnight Thursday they will be lined up around the block. i said "so, 2-3 hundred"? He said over 1000!

He also thought they might have the GN 2 on a 1 day sale (in the near future) like they have had on the GS 3 recently.

Your mileage may vary.

I don't think BB will match a members club. I talked to a BB mgr tonight in Dallas and asked him about Black Friday crowds. He said by midnight Thursday they will be lined up around the block. i said "so, 2-3 hundred"? He said over 1000!

He also thought they might have the GN 2 on a 1 day sale (in the near future) like they have had on the GS 3 recently.

Your mileage may vary.

I can imagine it will be chaos in the morning but I've never been shopping on a Black Friday, I figure the crowds die off in the evenings. I'm going to go to a Best Buy tonight and get some information.

I got mine through the Sprint website. I am not a very patient person. The wait for shipping is killing me. Went ahead and picked up the free extended battery for what will soon be my wife's Galaxy Nexus...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I got mine through the Sprint website. I am not a very patient person. The wait for shipping is killing me. Went ahead and picked up the free extended battery for what will soon be my wife's Galaxy Nexus...

Agreed, I should have opted to pick up at a Sprint store like I did with my gf's Note II. I called Sprint to see if I could pick it up instead of having it shipped but they said they can't change the order because it's already processing. I still don't know why I asked to have it shipped.

Agreed, I should have opted to pick up at a Sprint store like I did with my gf's Note II. I called Sprint to see if I could pick it up instead of having it shipped but they said they can't change the order because it's already processing. I still don't know why I asked to have it shipped.

I didn't see an option for in store pick up.

I didnt see an option for store pick up either. Then again, the nearest sprint store is 70 miles away, maybe the website is that smart. In the end, ups says that my gs3 will be at my door on monday. I can wait a few more days, been waiting a couple months just for this deal