Sprint announces 20 additional LTE cities where work has commenced

I'd be happy to help out as a volunteer. I have experience with databases and batchgeo.com.

Thanks. But the biggest problem for me is protecting Sources. Sources only give me info because they think that only my eyes are going to see it. However, I appreciate the offer. And if there is a way to integrate your assistance in a meaningful way, I will take you up on the offer. Thanks again.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I thought Toledo was split between Cleveland and East Michigan

Nix that' date=' I completely missed Toledo on the Sponsor map, wow, i need more coffee[/quote']

That's my problem. But I have now switched to a cherry cola on the Sodastream for the afternoon. Emmmmm

• Like 1

It appears that sprint is expanding out of the bay area into the norcal and surrounding markets. (WOOT NV 60 miles away :D). Appears that Central Valley should be getting network vision upgrades starting next Q (early - mid round 3) after they're mostly done with vallejo and fairfield.

It appears that sprint is expanding out of the bay area into the norcal and surrounding markets. (WOOT NV 60 miles away :D). Appears that Central Valley should be getting network vision upgrades starting next Q (early - mid round 3) after they're mostly done with vallejo and fairfield.

Not quite. They are only working in the SF Bay and South Bay markets. The Upper Central Valley Market is not quite ready to start. The UCV planning, design, permitting and scheduling is completely separate from the Bay Area market and started later. I think the earliest we could see any meaningful activity in the Sacto/Stockton/Reno areas is the very end of the year. But likely not until into 2013.

In the Network Vision Maps - All Markets thread in the Sponsors forum you can see where the sites are for each market.

Not quite. They are only working in the SF Bay and South Bay markets. The Upper Central Valley Market is not quite ready to start. The UCV planning, design, permitting and scheduling is completely separate from the Bay Area market and started later. I think the earliest we could see any meaningful activity in the Sacto/Stockton/Reno areas is the very end of the year. But likely not until into 2013.

In the Network Vision Maps - All Markets thread in the Sponsors forum you can see where the sites are for each market.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't next quarter Jan -> end of march in 2013 or am I misinformed?

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't next quarter Jan -> end of march in 2013 or am I misinformed?

What is your point? Your post makes it sound that since they are in Fairfield/Vallejo now, that they would be in Dixon/Davis next week. I just wanted to make the point that the SF Bay deployment is completely separate and will end at Vacaville in Solano County.

And even though the UCV may start in January, it will likely even be later than that. I was giving the absolute best case scenario. I'm busy enough, I don't need your condescension

I'm actually not condescending but in absolute agreement with what you said. To clarify, I'm saying that it appears that they're making progress and other markets around norcal should be starting relatively soon (as in next year in a best case scenario but likely middle to late next year) as this is a good sign of work being done now in my general vicinity.

Appreciate your work and what you've done including telling me news about central valley weeks ago.

I'm just trying to be optimistic but sorry if I came off badly to you.

It is the point that you ask if you are misinformed about when the next quarter is that I took offense to. But I am over it now.

Robert,

Isn't Joplin in the Missouri market, so can we say its a second round now??

Answer is here

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2316-Sprint-announces-20-additional-LTE-cities-where-work-has-commenced#entry55468

Or just scroll up to the link...

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Answer is here

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2316-Sprint-announces-20-additional-LTE-cities-where-work-has-commenced#entry55468

Or just scroll up to the link...

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

No I saw that but Joplin is I'm the Missouri market that wasn't ever said as second or third round market, so my question was does this make all of Missouri market in roll out or just Joplin.

How long?

Fresno is part of the Lower Central Valley market, like Visalia. I'm going to guess because of the heavy WiMax deployment here in this market, that it could be 6 months or more. It will be great if they started sooner, but I don't see it happening sooner than that.

I don't see a correlation between LTE deployment and WiMax deployments.

That's because there is none. ;)

• Like 1

How long?

On the original schedule, it would have been more than six months from now. However, Sprint has been shaking up the 3rd and 4th rounds a lot. So it may be sooner now than originally planned. But even with schedules changes, it is not likely to be before the end of the year. And there is no guarantee that the LCV market will improve its position in the changes.

So in essence. Do not expect NV in the central valley (upper/lower) until 2013. Bandaid fixes has actually raised data speeds in some areas around here from sub 100kbps to ~400-500 kbps (usable...barely)...

Also the acquisition by SoftBank might speed things up but we won't know unless robert tells us so. It is what it is :]

Lol I wish there was wimax here

3g is suitable 150KB/s in day to 260KB/s at night but some places just suck lol

And as far as wimax affecting deployment, there's tons of it in sf area.

Tho I don't expect it here before 2013 but I wouldn't mind lte being tested around that time

What do you mean by this?

There are a lot of changes occurring in the 3rd and 4th Round markets. I am saying that even though there are changes going on, the change may not necessarily mean that the LCV market will get done faster.

Robert