AT&T, T-Mobile Swapping A Little Spectrum - Phonescoop

supert0nes

Phonescoop http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=11297

FCC http://hraunfoss.fcc...document=316703

FCC http://hraunfoss.fcc...document=316705

The FCC today announced that AT&T and T-Mobile have applied to swap certain PCS (1900 MHz) licenses and one AWS (1700 MHz) license. In 35 markets, the two companies would exchange equal amounts of PCS spectrum. In 12 markets, AT&T would gain 10 MHz of PCS spectrum. In eight markets, T-Mobile would gain 5-10 MHz of PCS spectrum. In addition, T-Mobile would pick up 10 MHz of AWS spectrum covering Spokane, WA. Separately, AT&T plans to buy a handful of Lower 700 MHz licenses covering Florida, Minnesota, and Puerto Rico from Peregrine Spectrum LLC.

Some more spectrum news to chew on! Is AT&T giving up on AWS?!?

Is AT&T giving up on AWS?!?

I am shocked! I have never ever posited that idea myself, certainly not many months ago.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

This is a big shift PCS realignment actually.

Preliminary review of the applications indicates that the proposed transaction would result in the

assignment and/or exchange of PCS and AWS-1 spectrum in 55 Cellular Market Areas (“CMAs”) in 17

states. Specifically, AT&T would acquire and/or receive in an exchange 5 to 20 megahertz of PCS

spectrum in 54 CMAs. T-Mobile would acquire and/or receive in an exchange 10 to 20 megahertz of

PCS spectrum in 43 CMAs. Our preliminary review further indicates that in 35 CMAs, AT&T and T-

Mobile would exchange equal amounts of PCS spectrum; in 12 CMAs, AT&T would gain 10 megahertz

of PCS spectrum; and in 8 CMAs, T-Mobile would gain 5 to 10 megahertz of PCS spectrum as a result of

the proposed transaction. Finally, T-Mobile would also acquire 10 megahertz of AWS-1 spectrum in 1

CMA (CMA 109 – Spokane, WA).

I think 5 people live in Lake county Minnesota, where AT&T is picking up 700 "B" block from Peregrine.

Actually AT&T has really improved their coverage 100% in that state. Peregerine, I don't know if that was ever serious. AT&T is going to pick up enough of Lower 700 to expand to a lot of the rural areas they weren't going to originally cover.

Actually AT&T has really improved their coverage 100% in that state. Peregerine, I don't know if that was ever serious. AT&T is going to pick up enough of Lower 700 to expand to a lot of the rural areas they weren't going to originally cover.

Not only in that state. Here in Hawaii about 2 months ago I saw these contractors installing equipment and antennas at my my work place in Waikkiki. I went up to the guy and asked? Is that for Sprint?

I was thinking maybe nv was starting in Honolulu.

The guy goes nope AT&T LTE. Guess what? 2 weeks later I read on the net.... AT&T launches 4g lte

In Honolulu. I remember months ago there was speculation that Sprint might be following AT&T's LTE

Roll out?Especially, in the first round markets. I hope this could be a good sign Sprint would be launching LTE sooner than later here in Honolulu ?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless