What is your favorite source of ROMs?

pyroscott

There are a multitude of websites that host custom ROMs out there. Some are well organized, some are impossible to navigate and some are filled with jerks. Which one is your favorite to get all your ROMs?

The EVO 4G threads within android forums used to be my go to... but its hit or miss with other phones. The EVO thread is are Very well organized and lots of helpful people. I was totally new to rooting/ROMing at the time, and it was a breeze with what is found there. Guess it has to do with the huge following the EVO has, because the EVO 3D threads @ Android Forums arn't half bad either. Plus, there are two or three mods with evos that really keep it well run and organized... not to mention they're really friendly. If you got an EVO 3D or 4G... this is the place to be.

The EVO 4G threads within android forums used to be my go to... but its hit or miss with other phones. The EVO thread is are Very well organized and lots of helpful people. I was totally new to rooting/ROMing at the time, and it was a breeze with what is found there. Guess it has to do with the huge following the EVO has, because the EVO 3D threads @ Android Forums arn't half bad either.

The Evo does have a massive developer following. HTC phones in general tend to have huge developer support.

I get my ideas from Forums. I listen and watch for meaningful feedback from other members I trust. And when I see something recommended, I jump. I tend not to be a risk taker and let other people be my beta testers.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

I'll jump on XDA or Rootzwiki for the most part. Haven't gone hunting in awhile though. I was bouncing on all the alphas of ICS when they first started rolling out. Was tired of the random reboots every 30mins or so.

I'll jump on XDA or Rootzwiki for the most part. Haven't gone hunting in awhile though. I was bouncing on all the alphas of ICS when they first started rolling out. Was tired of the random reboots every 30mins or so.

This is what My EVO 3D used to do until I Rooted and Rommed it ! :lock:

Works like a charm now with the Nocturnal Xplod Rom on it

Although, I use my ET4G daily and I`ve flashed most of the Roms out.!

I`d have to say Calkulin`s- Blazer and Blend Roms are the best!

I flashed the Blend Rom last weekend and have yet to get a force close!

I`m very impressed !

I get my ideas from Forums. I listen and watch for meaningful feedback from other members I trust. And when I see something recommended, I jump. I tend not to be a risk taker and let other people be my beta testers.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

Agreed 110% !!

The more you read up the less problems you have!

My phone is not a guinea pig either ! Lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I get all my roms from xda like the person above stated androidforums use to be my go to site as well. And lately xda has been going downhill too much drama and bs. So I've been trying to find another forum to hang around in.

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

• Like 1

I get all my roms from xda like the person above stated androidforums use to be my go to site as well. And lately xda has been going downhill too much drama and bs. So I've been trying to find another forum to hang around in.

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

I'm still hoping some of our stronger developer followers here on S4GRU will start to set up threads here that are specifically related to Sprint devices. We have a few threads, but this aspect has yet to really catch traction here.

Posted via Forum Runner

I'm still hoping some of our stronger developer followers here on S4GRU will start to set up threads here that are specifically related to Sprint devices. We have a few threads, but this aspect has yet to really catch traction here.

Posted via Forum Runner

This would be awesome!

I'd totally support this!

Ever think of advertising on xda or rootzwiki ?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

This would be awesome!

We are non-commercial site. We don't do any advertising. Too expensive.

This would be awesome!

We are non-commercial site. We don't do any advertising. Too expensive.

Not too mention, we would be spammed by the trolls that lurk over on xda.

• Like 1

^ that is true.

For my roms, hmmm so many so little time lol

For the Sprint Hero and EVO, a toss up between AndroidForums (AF) and xda.

For Motorola Photon, xda (since they have a more extensive webtop/ubuntu discussion.

For Notion Ink Adam, and Transformer, its tabletroms.com

For Thinkpad Tablet, mostly thinkpadtabletforums and sometimes xda also Lenovo.com believe it or not.

Once I get my Galaxy Note, it will be between xda, AF, GalaxyNoteForums.org, in no particular order.

hmmm, this makes me think of another thread to start.

TS

• 7 months later...

www.galaxynexusforum.com is my new favorite. I wonder if Sprint's GNex will be able to use the same ROMs or if it will be all different. I have kicked around the idea of doing a custom ROM. I'm guessing Sprint will be on it's own for ROMs.

do they distinguish which ROMs are for which version of the GNex?

I would imagine many catastrophes if they didn't let users know what ROM was for what GNex...

I mainly use XDA for everything...and RootzWiki once in a while....

do they distinguish which ROMs are for which version of the GNex?

I would imagine many catastrophes if they didn't let users know what ROM was for what GNex...

I mainly use XDA for everything...and RootzWiki once in a while....

That forum really started out well, and went downhill fast. Everyone flocked back to XDA or other places quickly.

Yes, you could really screw things up flashing a ROM meant for another carrier, but the Nexus tends to be safer. I have heard off a lot less hard bricked Nexuses than other phone models. What really causes problems is when you have vast differences in hardware configurations (the International/US Versions of the GS3 for instance) that will brick a phone if you flash the wrong ROM and it cannot even get the hardware to start into recovery mode.