Pictures of Panels and RRUs up close

I see I was correct in the independent downtilt control of 1900 EV/1X, 800SMR, and 1900 LTE. Very nice feature indeed! 800SMR should be booming when it's 100% in a market.

Thanks for the pics and they didn't care you were taking pictures?

• Like 9

I see I was correct in the independent downtilt control of 1900 EV/1X, 800SMR, and 1900 LTE. Very nice feature indeed! 800SMR should be booming when it's 100% in a market.

Thanks for the pics and they didn't care you were taking pictures?

They didnt care, they were too busy doing other things, all they said "look, but dont touch"
  • Like 4

Hopefully 0 downtilt LTE 1900 covers the entire area of 800 cdma with downtilt. If they can cover that scenario, they could pretty much cover anything I think.

Not sure I understand the statement. 800 is going to cover farther than 1900 then there is the difference of 1x and LTE.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Ya my thinking might have been crazy. I was thinking about a medium density area, you would probably want to downtilt the 800, but not the 1900. Since you have more spectrum/phones in the 1900 LTE, you would want it to cover the entire area. I was also thinking that in that situation maybe 1900 LTE would travel slightly further than 800 LTE since you have independent control of LTE on 1900.

The more I think about it you could downtilt your 800 as much as you want to make sure 800 and 1900 cover the same area - Disregard as irrelevance.

I hope in 2014 sprint will announce.... Network Vision 2 (The massive rural expansion using SMR).

This. This is all Sprint needs to do. I don't care if they charge as much as AT&T or Verizon then. They would keep unlimited data.

• Like 1

Great pics there appreciate it alot!

At my HS reunion this weekend I found out one of my old friends does work with cell towers now. Something where he climbs up takes some readings and then plugs them in and does some work in CAD to an extent... Guy himself wasn't there but he's evidently been flying all over doing it. Was in PR before and just got into FL recently. Never installs anything just takes the survey basically.

Also got a girl on my softball team that actually does work on the towers here in NC area for all the companies. Hasn't done anything for sprint lately but is gonna let me know when she does next time... Climbing cell towers 600ft would be the last thing I'd of guessed this girl did too...

What were the markings on the antennas for btw? I remember the Miami video guy saying "..." One was for alpha sector..." And think I remember one of your pics saying that but don't know how they classify the sectors exactly either...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I hope in 2014 sprint will announce.... Network Vision 2 (The massive rural expansion using SMR).

This deserves a whole topic!!! Not sure where the topic would go, but I would love to see Sprint take on Verizon's 850 coverage. I know some places in northern Minnesota that T-Mobile and Sprint would both like to venture into (selfish).

• Like 1