Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Forgive me if I've already asked this, but about how long have NV panels been up on some of these sites before we've seen LTE?

I just went back a few weeks ago to check that same thing. I want to say beginning of October is when I saw the one in St Pete off of 54th. That was when I saw them working though. Then we started seeing sites that had panels that had been done already for who knows how long. As an example the site near my job has been done longer than the site thats near my house but the one near my house was actually completed and turned on before the one near my job

Just found another live site. I think we may have thought the signal was coming from a site on Ulmerton. The signal is too strong though to be anything but one of the in progress sites I saw the Ericsson guy at before Christmas that told me 75 sites. I think one of you guys lives over here. I will put it on Sensorly but it's my first chance to see the signal handoff from one LTE site to another

Just found another live site. I think we may have thought the signal was coming from a site on Ulmerton. The signal is too strong though to be anything but one of the in progress sites I saw the Ericsson guy at before Christmas that told me 75 sites. I think one of you guys lives over here. I will put it on Sensorly but it's my first chance to see the signal handoff from one LTE site to another

Are you talking about ponce de Leon and Missouri? I picked up LTE there with great strength earlier today but then it immediately dropped off and went back to 3g.

Are you talking about ponce de Leon and Missouri? I picked up LTE there with great strength earlier today but then it immediately dropped off and went back to 3g.

Thats likely the one. Not sure how quick it dropped off for you but it carried from there all the way to at least the other live site south of there. I didn't take it north though but I can tell you that signal from the Largo Mall dropped when I got around the Largo Park/Library when I was looking at the lites before Christmas and I had no signal when I was there talking to Ericsson guy. Not sure what it means but I carried 427 points on Sensorly between Missouri and 102nd

Thats likely the one. Not sure how quick it dropped off for you but it carried from there all the way to at least the other live site south of there. I didn't take it north though but I can tell you that signal from the Largo Mall dropped when I got around the Largo Park/Library when I was looking at the lites before Christmas and I had no signal when I was there talking to Ericsson guy. Not sure what it means but I carried 427 points on Sensorly between Missouri and 102nd

I'm constantly driving around there for work and usually keep 4G from Ulmerton and Starkey up to East Bay and then west to Seminole and back up to Ulmerton without anything dropping off. Haven't gotten much further north lately but just today I kept 4G on my way home on Ulmerton west of 113th and through Rainbow Village and just a little north on Trotter. Saw it come up on Sensorly shortly after I got home after mapping it. I haven't had a chance yet to get around to the other sites on West Bay or the one on Walsingham to see if anything has been going on over there.

On another note while at work today I kept a good signal from 49th St. and Park Blvd. west to Starkey and north. Sure seems like this whole area has been getting better and better as time goes on. It's great to be seeing progress around.

I'm constantly driving around there for work and usually keep 4G from Ulmerton and Starkey up to East Bay and then west to Seminole and back up to Ulmerton without anything dropping off. Haven't gotten much further north lately but just today I kept 4G on my way home on Ulmerton west of 113th and through Rainbow Village and just a little north on Trotter. Saw it come up on Sensorly shortly after I got home after mapping it. I haven't had a chance yet to get around to the other sites on West Bay or the one on Walsingham to see if anything has been going on over there.

On another note while at work today I kept a good signal from 49th St. and Park Blvd. west to Starkey and north. Sure seems like this whole area has been getting better and better as time goes on. It's great to be seeing progress around.

Surfer did you map the 49th/Park to Starkey today. That tower over that way has panels on it and have been up for awhile. I wonder if its on yet. Went by this weekend a few times and didn't get anything. Went to that site by Walsingham too this weekend and didn't get a signal, but when I was in that area today I picked up 4G for a min and it made me think that maybe they flipped the switch. It could be coming from 54th and 66th too but who knows.

I do figure that there are at least 5 other sites where panels are up and have been for awhile now. We should start seeing things go purple soon. If you spend a lot of time in that area in Largo/Seminole you should be a happy camper in a month I would imagine.

Hello everyone. I was just on Dunedin Causeway today but I have no idea if my mapping was the one that lit up the tower on the causeway. I stopped on landside and did some speed tests and only got about 2.5 down and .87 up but 4g was alive. (p.s. first post ^-^)

Hello everyone. I was just on Dunedin Causeway today but I have no idea if my mapping was the one that lit up the tower on the causeway. I stopped on landside and did some speed tests and only got about 2.5 down and .87 up but 4g was alive. (p.s. first post ^-^)

+1

I will scout all of Dunedin Palm Harbor and Tarpon and down to St Pete Clearwater Airport area. :-) I was not sure if my phone would switch over to 4G seeing that it's status was almost always on Evdo rev A instead of e-HRPD.

Who do we have on this thread that doesn't live in St. Pete or Brandon lol? Got a lot of you guys out there finding stuff left and right but i'm surprised nothing has lit up in the general Tampa area yet.

Spence, you know I work at the airport. Generally I cut through downtown early every morning and am constantly looking for LTE. I sometimes take the I-4 route, which I will have to take tomorrow because the entrance onto I-275 from Kay St. will be shut down in the morning. Whenever I am out and about in Tampa I am searching as well. Also, I have been watching along the US-41 area on this side of the bay as as well as I expect coverage to crop up along there too.

What I am really waiting for is to see the airport light up. I am sure those traveling through TPA airport would like to experience some LTE.

Also would like to know what is going on with that site at Nebraska and Waters near the old Greyhound track that I took photos at a while back. Wondering when it and the site on 301 north of the fairgrounds will get switched on.

Who do we have on this thread that doesn't live in St. Pete or Brandon lol? Got a lot of you guys out there finding stuff left and right but i'm surprised nothing has lit up in the general Tampa area yet.

I am primarily in N Tampa/ S Pasco. But, I my work has me travel Florida almost constantly. I just have been in vacation/holiday break a lot and work slows down at this time of year. I'll be mapping hot & heavy soon...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

• Like 1

Anyone hear of any word from Sprint "unofficially" of when Tampa area may get switched on?

It's gonna be awhile before anything is announced. Something Robert says makes a lot of sense. There is no difference between the day of announcement and the day before. Except for maybe 24 hours. I guess what I'm saying is the coverage that you see leading up to announcement is what you will see. Keep an eye on Sensorly for coverage and be excited. What you see now is only 4 or 5 towers give it another month and we will be gtg:rolleyes:

Spence, you know I work at the airport. Generally I cut through downtown early every morning and am constantly looking for LTE. I sometimes take the I-4 route, which I will have to take tomorrow because the entrance onto I-275 from Kay St. will be shut down in the morning. Whenever I am out and about in Tampa I am searching as well. Also, I have been watching along the US-41 area on this side of the bay as as well as I expect coverage to crop up along there too.

What I am really waiting for is to see the airport light up. I am sure those traveling through TPA airport would like to experience some LTE.

Also would like to know what is going on with that site at Nebraska and Waters near the old Greyhound track that I took photos at a while back. Wondering when it and the site on 301 north of the fairgrounds will get switched on.

Ah it slipped my mind that you worked there. I guess there are a few of us so if something had popped up we would have caught onto it... I just couldn't help but think that something in Tampa, south of L'OL, should have come online by now.

At least we do have a few sites we are watching.

Surfer did you map the 49th/Park to Starkey today. That tower over that way has panels on it and have been up for awhile. I wonder if its on yet. Went by this weekend a few times and didn't get anything. Went to that site by Walsingham too this weekend and didn't get a signal, but when I was in that area today I picked up 4G for a min and it made me think that maybe they flipped the switch. It could be coming from 54th and 66th too but who knows.

I do figure that there are at least 5 other sites where panels are up and have been for awhile now. We should start seeing things go purple soon. If you spend a lot of time in that area in Largo/Seminole you should be a happy camper in a month I would imagine.

Yes that is where I mapped earlier this afternoon while at work. I can't keep the 4g as I head further west on Ulmerton/Walsingham yet so I don't think it is that walsingham tower yet. it is looking good though coming up here in the near future for this area. Since I'm in this area so often I'm always looking for the 4g and mapping usually anytime I go out.

I was just on the 6th floor of Florida Hospital Tampa again tonight & was able to pickup and stay connected to LTE once again. The room faces North. I got 'screenshots' of my Sensorly showing my location & the 4G icon. I went to my LTE Engineering screen ang got what I hope us the info that shows what tower I was connected to. I'm guessing the LOL/SR54 Tower, as I've never been able to pick up the tower supposedly live @ Fowler & 50th St. I ran speed tests of around 8-9mbps down, and up to ~1.5mbps down.

ysu9e9yj.jpg

a9agy5uh.jpg

e9esa2yd.jpg

vapy7ajy.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S III