Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Robert, I was at the hospital last night, and couldn't pickup LTE at all. I also was not able to detect LTE from the Land O Lakes tower, nor the tower at 50th Street and Fowler in Tampa. I am not sure if there is an issue with my phone, or if the towers were not transmitting LTE last night. I power cycled, and even tried going to CDMA mode, then back to LTE/CDMA mode. But, still no LTE. The sad thing was, I was running Sensorly as I passed both areas, and while at the hospital, so I was bummed to not get any mapping data. I actually had dinner right in the shadow of the 50th St and Fowler Tower. I was there for an hour, and had nothing but 3G. Same for my wife, and her iPhone 5...

On the bright side, I pulled out my DSLR and got some pictures of the towers up near my home. I will post pics when I have a minute...

When I glanced at my phone as I passed the LOL tower I was still in 3G this morning. I didn't try to cycle airplane mode but it should have picked up on it's own. I wonder if they shutdown LTE on that tower temporarily.

Deploying is ongoing. It's just that it's the holidays so a lot of contractors are probably at home enjoying time off. Not to mention, for it to show up on the lists, the site must be inspected. Guess where most of the inspectors are? :)

There is a new strong signal on Sensorly on Gandy Blvd in N St Pete. Could another tower be broadcasting LTE in that area near the bay?

Good spot..Looks like it. Could be one of the in progress sites. Wildman this would be the painted guyed tower we spotted awhile back possibly. My girlfriend is mad at me anyway today so it might be time to take a ride.

I'm all the place over here and can't find it. Looking at the sponsor map from my phone is useless damn near. I had to toggle because the 3G there is pretty strong. I had the signal on Gandy right until I got to about 19N I am thought maybe it was coming from Mainlands but it wasn't. Sensorly shows a strong signal but I'm thinking not. It fell off pretty quick when I started heading north on 19

There is a bug that a couple of members who have custom ROMs on the Galaxy Nexus have reported. It causes all their reporting to Sensorly show a strong signal, even when it is weak. I always beg people when they discover they have the bug to stop reporting to Sensorly.

This may be what has happened here. I'm always skeptical of solid purple blotches that do not fade to lighter colors.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

There is a bug that a couple of members who have custom ROMs on the Galaxy Nexus have reported. It causes all their reporting to Sensorly show a strong signal, even when it is weak. I always beg people when they discover they have the bug to stop reporting to Sensorly.

This may be what has happened here. I'm always skeptical of solid purple blotches that do not fade to lighter colors.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That may explain it. I gave it credence because it matched the general area of where a site was though so it made some sense

My sg3 didn't switch to 4G. I ran all through the gateway center and got nothing.

That's where I was. When I got out of there I did a toggle at the Wawa they are building and picked it up. I mapped it too so hopefully we will have a more accurate representation of the signal