Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

After first spotting workers at noon, they were still up on the tower connecting NV panels and RRUs after 5:30PM. This is TA54XC002, a mile west of SR54. You can see the cables being run up from the ground.

a8yte3y9.jpg

u7ebe2ed.jpg

uqeny5u3.jpg

ape6y3ug.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S III

• Like 1

Also, I was just at University/Florida Hospital in Tampa @ Fletcher & Bruce B Downs, visiting a sick relative. My phone and my wife's iPhone 5 got LTE 4g, but only in the patient room on the 6th floor. I mapped it on Sensorly. I got 4G at no other place around the area. I'm guessing we possibly picked up the LOLakes tower???

Also, I was just at University/Florida Hospital in Tampa @ Fletcher & Bruce B Downs. Visiting a sick relative. My phone and my wife's iPhone 5 got LTE 4g, but only in the patient room on the 6th floor. I mapped it on Sensorly. I got 4 G at no other place around the area. I'm guessing we possibly picked up the LOLakes tower???

No that has to be from the tower I just spotted at 50th and Fowler! I'm close so I'll try to map it tomorrow.

Does anyone know where the closet tower to cypress trace Apartments is I thought the one on bellshols was but I was wrong I have tried to search but can't find anything.

Become a sponsor and you can search that info yourself. become a premier sponsor and there is even more information.

:)

Also, I was just at University/Florida Hospital in Tampa @ Fletcher & Bruce B Downs. Visiting a sick relative. My phone and my wife's iPhone 5 got LTE 4g, but only in the patient room on the 6th floor. I mapped it on Sensorly. I got 4 G at no other place around the area. I'm guessing we possibly picked up the LOLakes tower???

This particular towers covers my apartment and my job so I am particularly happy about this.

No that has to be from the tower I just spotted at 50th and Fowler! I'm close so I'll try to map it tomorrow.

Possibly. However, I drove all the way East down Fletcher from the hospital to I-75, running the LTE Discovery app, and never got 4G. Even at 50th street & Fletcher. And, I suspect that I may have been just as close to that tower, as I was to the LOL tower, as the crow flies that is. Either way, that was pretty impressive to get 4G that far from any 4G towers. It must have been because we were up so high, on the 6th floor...

Possibly. However, I drove all the way East down Fletcher from the hospital to I-75, running the LTE Discovery app, and never got 4G. Even at 50th street & Fletcher. And, I suspect that I may have been just as close to that tower, as I was to the LOL tower, as the crow flies that is. Either way, that was pretty impressive to get 4G that far from any 4G towers. It must have been because we were up so high, on the 6th floor...

Is it consistent at that one location? I wonder if they could just be testing LTE on another tower.

This particular towers covers my apartment and my job so I am particularly happy about this.

SpenceSouth. I checked Sensorly, and I don't see any 4G in that area. Try to get out and map the LTE on Sensorly, so we can see where it is...

SpenceSouth. I checked Sensorly, and I don't see any 4G in that area. Try to get out and map the LTE on Sensorly, so we can see where it is...

Will do. Haven't seen any other NV towers in the area except that one I found yesterday so I imagine that's it. I'll check thoroughly tomorrow though.

Actually there now is a small blip on Sensorly near 30th and Fletcher at the hospital.

Edited by tampaflusa

It is possible to get LTE at the hospital on the 6th Floor from the Land O Lakes site if you were on the north side proximate to a window. It's about 8 air miles away and you would have LOS to that tower. But it may also be a site closer by that has come live as well.

There is one sure fire way to tell. Check the LTE Engineering screen Cell ID in the hospital on the 6th floor and on the same sector closer to Land O Lakes tower. If they are the same...BINGO. You have a winner. :)

Robert

• Like 1

Actually there now is a small blip on Sensorly near 30th and Fletcher at the hospital.

I got two points in the hospital to map, and almost immediately saw them show up in Sensorly. So, you may be seeing my 4G mapping. It would be just to the East of the Bruce B Downs & Fletcher intersection. Or, right where the hospital is...

It is possible to get LTE at the hospital on the 6th Floor from the Land O Lakes site if you were on the north side proximate to a window. It's about 8 air miles away and you would have LOS to that tower. But it may also be a site closer by that has come live as well.

There is one sure fire way to tell. Check the LTE Engineering screen Cell ID in the hospital on the 6th floor and on the same sector closer to Land O Lakes tower. If they are the same...BINGO. You have a winner. :)

Robert

Hello Robert. I won't likely be back at the hospital again for a couple of days. But, I'd be willing to have a look at the 'LTE Engineering Screen' when I do. How would I get to the LTE engineering screen to get the info about the cell ID?

Hello Robert. I won't likely be back at the hospital again for a couple of days. But, I'd be willing to have a look at the 'LTE Engineering Screen' when I do. How would I get to the LTE engineering screen to get the info about the cell ID?

You can only do this on Android device, AFAIK. Go to your phone dialer. Dial ##DEBUG#. Then enter 777468 for your lock code. Then go to LTE Engineering. In that screen you will see Serving Cell. That is the Cell ID of the sector you are connected to.

If you can do this also from the south side of the Land O Lakes site, at least a half mile away, then you can compare the two cell ID's. If they are the same, then you were connected to the Land O Lakes site at the hospital. If it was different, then it may have been Site #TA80XC005 which was reported to me as In Progress this evening. That site is about 1 mile NW of the hospital. Or maybe even the Fletcher site.

If you cannot make it to Land O Lakes to compare, perhaps one of our other members will offer to check the LTE Cell ID's for that site for you?

Robert

After first spotting workers at noon, they were still up on the tower connecting NV panels and RRUs after 5:30PM. This is TA54XC002, a mile west of SR54. You can see the cables being run up from the ground.

a8yte3y9.jpg

u7ebe2ed.jpg

uqeny5u3.jpg

ape6y3ug.jpg

I drove by this tower again after dark. I could see green lights on the RRUs slowly blinking (maybe once every second or two). Here is a picture from my phone.

ageze5uj.jpg

It was pitch black out, so I used the 'low light' setting in the camera to lighten the picture. You can very faintly see at possibly two RRUs with green lights lit. The RRUs are above and to each side of the large red light near the bottom.

• Like 1

I actually am the one that went into the start of Panther Trace from Balm Riverview. I rode my bicycle down Balm Riverview and into that park off of Rhodine road, which is the reason that area is lit up. As soon as I started to get into Panther Trace the signal from the Bell Shoals tower dropped off. As you can see, it reached into Summerfield where I am. With my personal phone, the S3, I can pick up a weak signal in my back yard. With my work phone, and iPhone, nothing. By the way, my other two wheeler is a bicycle and I do ride it through Panther Trace when I do.

I'm hoping one day to see them working on the tower there, but I think I understand why certain towers are being worked and others not at the moment. There may be no reasoning to it but what I would do is hit every other tower or skip a few and hit a wider area, then catch the ones in between to complete the coverage. I am sure I'm wrong on that theory, but think it is a good idea to hit the ones off of the main thoroughfares like I-4, I-275, and US-41 as well, before hitting the neighborhood towers.

ok just wondering because I have an iPhone and I had 2 bars of LTE by panther trace

The site just south of Oxford is a huge site self supporting and I was with in 1/4 mile and had 1 bar.

It showed up in the update today. It is on US 441 between Lady Lake and Fruitland Park. It will be in the next Sponsor map update.

Robert