Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Someone today said they got lte in Wesley chapel. Isn't that where wire grass is?

it is more land o'lakes than wesley chapel if you take 75 north from Tampa and get off on SR 56, take a left onto 56 and in about 1/2 mile it becomes 54 all in that area you should have LTE, once you get to past Ferman Jeep and you see the cumberland farms you will see the tower on your left it is hugh you can miss it.

I was in the USF area today and decided to take a drive up to the SR 54 site. My iPhone's never been happier. I was also able to pick up that signal on County Line Rd if anyone wants to map it sometime.

I will fire up sensory when I leave. Some jack a$$ ran over an above ground meter that feeds the long johns silver. We had to rebuild it from the main up.

I had to go over there this morning. I couldn't connect but clearly I was connected to the LTE network based on the network screen. I stayed on it from the intersection of 19 and 22nd N all the way to about 5th or so I believe. I think then the hand off would go to the tower we have already mapped. I'm not sure why I was not able to connect though. I'm gonna start another thread for that. Which phone were you using by the way.

I sent Robert a note letting him know that the Land O'Lakes Tower can be marked completed on the maps. Does anyone know which tower(s) exactly are lit in St.Pete? maybe drop Robert a note.

I don't think Robert will complete a tower unless it shows up in his update. He will mark it as in progress though.

I figure since he mark the Springhill 1 completed he would do the others

I believe that site showed up on his completed list last week. I think we had a missed update, then that site showed up on sensorly. Then I asked about if that site would have shown on an update and he said no it wasn't there for the update we missed. Last Sunday though it showed up

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Correct. The Spring Hill site was marked In Progress for a couple days and went to 4G after it showed on the update. I will only manually move a site to 4G if it doesn't show up on official reports after a few weeks and the site stays live. That doesn't happen very often.

I even got some sites reported to me as accepted from a Sprint source this week and only marked them as In Progress. Because I only do the official updates once per week. Between official updates, I will only add In Progress sites.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Just think if sprint didn't bank everything on the 4g WiMAX. Glorious lte would be here

I'm not sure about the specifics but they had to do it. Something about the spectrum having to be used. I'm not sure exactly but WIMAX I think was absolutely necessary..

On another note though and olny speaking about Pinellas county and from my very few and short experiences with LTE. When Pinellas gets all the towers done we will have excellent coverage here based on tower locations. Somewhere on this site it was mentioned about usable LTE and from what I have seen on my network screen and when it drops back to 3G we will be well served by Sprint in a matter of months here.

Sprint had no choice but to use WiMax for its initial deployment. LTE was not ready for deployment on 2600MHz in TDD form until almost the expiration of its FCC build out requirements.

Also, Sprint's adoption of 4G in WiMax caused the other American carriers to speed up their plans to LTE to be competitive. If Sprint had not done WiMax, American carriers would have likely taken their time with LTE like the European carriers have. Sprint is often chided for WiMax, but it brought about the 4G rush here in the states. All in all, we probably would not have gotten LTE much sooner if Sprint hadn't deployed WiMax.

Not to mention, they would have lost the additional spectrum for not meeting build out requirements. Come next year, we will all be glad Sprint has that old WiMax spectrum for extra LTE capacity.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had to go over there this morning. I couldn't connect but clearly I was connected to the LTE network based on the network screen. I stayed on it from the intersection of 19 and 22nd N all the way to about 5th or so I believe. I think then the hand off would go to the tower we have already mapped. I'm not sure why I was not able to connect though. I'm gonna start another thread for that. Which phone were you using by the way.

I got a SG3.