Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I wouldn't recommend it either. But if you just can't stand it, get the S3 on Black Friday and I'll send you a EVO LTE that is already S-OFF, TWRP already installed, MeanRom, and a brand new Otterbox Defender (phone has never lived outside of this case). ;) ;) Win win...cheaper price on EVO LTE plus a free otterbox($49).

To be honest the phone really is a great phone in battery life, screen, performance, camera, etc. My only hang up is the radio performance and I'm just not in a market where you can skimp on that spec even by the smallest amount.

Think I'm still leaning towards the EVO LTE. Haven't been convinced that the LTE scan issue isn't anything other than a software problem so I'm not too concerned about it. Plus the camera and Sense really impress me on the EVO. Not saying the SG3 is anything but a great phone, it's just nothing about it really strikes me.

I miss Sense, Camera, and the kickstand on the EVOLTE. The Camera Flash on the Note Stinks. IMHO the EVOLTE has a nicer display than the Super Amoled of the SIII and the NOTE, other than the size. but I figured if the radio is always going to be a problem I am glad I jumped to the note.

Well thanks for the all the input. I'm going to have to seriously consider the GS3 for sure. When I get off work I'm going to look into the S3 and maybe even pop into a Sprint store.

I have the GS3 and EVO LTE, and after using the GS3 for two weeks, I had to go back to the EVO. Sense just make more sense to me :P

Also missed the camera and the screen on the EVO just seems better. I'm in a 3G area only right now, so that makes a difference. LTE wise, the EVO probably isn't the best, but if you can get over the connectivity issues, it's a great phone. I'm not one for streaming videos or anything like that to my phone, so 3G is usually fast enough for what I do with my phone, so even the connectivity issues aren't that big of a deal for me.

I have the GS3 and EVO LTE, and after using the GS3 for two weeks, I had to go back to the EVO. Sense just make more sense to me :P

Also missed the camera and the screen on the EVO just seems better. I'm in a 3G area only right now, so that makes a difference. LTE wise, the EVO probably isn't the best, but if you can get over the connectivity issues, it's a great phone. I'm not one for streaming videos or anything like that to my phone, so 3G is usually fast enough for what I do with my phone, so even the connectivity issues are that big of a deal for me.

So you have no problems over 3G alone then? I don't want to buy a phone on the premise that it's problems might get fixed soon, but I guess I could just switch it back and forth from LTE only mode as needed. Sound practical?

So you have no problems over 3G alone then? I don't want to buy a phone on the premise that it's problems might get fixed soon, but I guess I could just switch it back and forth from LTE only mode as needed. Sound practical?

On 3G only, no problems whatsoever. I actually have problems with the GS3 staying on WiFi, at home I have a reallllllly weak signal, and the GS3 like to kick off WiFi for some reason, so I pick it up and can't use it until it reconnects to WiFi. Never have that problem with the EVO.

Also, my experience with the EVO in Kansas City, was that when most of the towers were up, the connectivity issues weren't as bad. I could go the whole day without dropping LTE. But that will vary from place to place. Will just depend on tower density, and how saturated your area is with LTE signal.

• Like 1

No offense guys but can we leave the phone comparisons to the appropriate section in the forums. I read this section of the forum for updates on towers. I really don't want to read through the phone posts. Please don't take it personal just politely asking that everyone use the appropriate forums.

• Like 2

My first morning with the Note2 compared to the EVO LTE. I was able to listen to Pandora the whole way into work without skipping at my normal dead spots. I didn't even have to reboot the phone when I got to work due to the missing 3G icon either. Woohoo!!

Time to go to the basement and see how it roams by itself. (Yes, we have a basement in Louisiana in this building. It's not like I'm close to any big body of water either. Just the little ole Mississippi River a couple blocks away)

• Like 1

Any LTE sightings yet? With all the phone talk, it's been a little quiet about any developments in the network?

nope going to troll the Pasco Permits page some more to see if I can get any more leads. On my way home today I am going to stop at the tower in Land O' Lakes today and see if what kind of progress there is on the ground and see if there are still permits posted. I don't think NV is in place yet because I get about 150 Mb/sec with full signal ;)

Yesterday I saw people at the site near my house. Looked like electricians and possibly the inspector not sure though. The other sites that look done (panels and cabinets) I have been testing but not broadcasting yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Just become a sponsor and you can look up every Sprint site yourself precisely. Hint: The first task at hand would be to see if this is even a Sprint tower at all.

it is definitely a sprint tower its one of 2 the other isent even actually a tower its just he top of a wells fargo with panels o it which they did work 2

ad yes its ulmerton and ya theres deffiitely work been done no ehrdp tho

what sites are done on ulmerton? i had no idea there even done already.

Edited by TuX

uh the sprint website....

it seemed like a legit source.

but some say otherwise

like when they said they had wimax on my street XD what a joke seriously sprint coverage maps suck/lie

and the site im talking about totally looks different from the gmaps picture taken a year ago.

and if cant believe their other cell tower is just the top of a like 5/6 story building that's crappy. the wells Fargo just down the street you can see them on google maps

redic

on a side note the network thing had somewhere around 30/60 upgrades the past month they only show 1 for each of these now.

Edited by TuX

uh the sprint website....

I think you are misreading the Sprint map. That is easy for either of us to do, because Sprint does not allow the user of this interactive map to zoom in with precision. But the way I read the Sprint map, their tower is plotted a bit north of Ulmerton Road. But the tower you show in your own Google map is south of Ulmerton. Also, the tower in your Google map is clearly west of the center of Sprint's map marker.

Once again, I suggest that you just become an S4GRU sponsor to gain access to precise maps of the Sprint towers. (I have the advantage over you in this factual discussion, because I can see the S4GRU Sponsor maps and you can't.)

well cdma field test confirms what the google map says..exact location and its the only tower In the area visually and only location in geographically that would support it there seeing as the other side is now built out. with houses.

i dont got money to donate otherwise i would sponsor.

guess ill know tomorrow for sure.

Edited by TuX

well cdma field test confirms what the google map says..exact location and its the only tower In the area visually and only location in geographically that would support it there seeing as the other side is now built out. with houses.

You need to understand that utilities such as CDMA Field Test do not always show the exact location of sites. Sometimes the locations are offset because the towers themselves are squawking these offset coordinates. For starters, read my comment on the FAQ thread. Then you will understand that while using such utilities is not so simple as you think, they can reliably identify CDMA sites -- when used in conjunction with the S4GRU master maps of the actual tower locations, and a bit of field work.

And your factual assertion that the tower you found is the only cell tower in the area is just wrong. Even without employing the S4GRU maps, just using Google Street View, I can find another tower closer to where the map marker actually is plotted on Sprint's own map.

Tux. I know where this is I had to wait until l I got home though to look at the map correctly. You are in the area but this is not the tower. There is a few towers in this area one of them brand new just to the East I believe. I pretty careful about info I give out that I gain from the sponsor maps and I believe that I got this info from there. I can tell you though its not that one. The one you are looking for is one I went to last week that had the slab poured for the cabinets and when I went back again this week the cabinets were set. You are close but its not the one you are pointing to. In fact there are two towers on Ulmerton that are completed I believe (panels and cabinets) that's why it makes sense for the one in this are to be completed soon

You need to understand that utilities such as CDMA Field Test do not always show the exact location of sites. Sometimes the locations are offset because the towers themselves are squawking these offset coordinates. For starters, read my comment on the FAQ thread. Then you will understand that while using such utilities is not so simple as you think, they can reliably identify CDMA sites -- when used in conjunction with the S4GRU master maps of the actual tower locations, and a bit of field work.

And your factual assertion that the tower you found is the only cell tower in the area is just wrong. Even without employing the S4GRU maps, just using Google Street View, I can find another tower closer to where the map marker actually is plotted on Sprint's own map.

link me on google maps the next closest ive been soopin round there and cant find it

and the one your talking bout feech is the newest tower with across the street by the houses?

https://maps.google....77.39,,1,-31.22

^ this one is the only other one closer to the sprint map

i didt even think it was on there

ive been to this one and it has a place that says this is tower number 85107 on a sign on the chain link fence or somethig to that degree are we talking about the same one?

its address is 2310 RAILROAD AVE

and you know of the bank site im talking about with the panels on top up ridge farther? is that indeed a sprint setup ?

Edited by TuX