Sprint Towers

Question. Are the towers that Roberts has listed in his LTE upgrades all of Sprint towers?

From what I remember reading on here, I think Sprint barely owns any towers. A lot of the towers around my neck of the woods are owned by American Tower and Sprint just leases from them.

Question. Are the towers that Roberts has listed in his LTE upgrades all of Sprint towers?

From what I remember reading on here, I think Sprint barely owns any towers. A lot of the towers around my neck of the woods are owned by American Tower and Sprint just leases from them.

Yeah, all the towers in my area are owned by Global Signal/Crown Castle. Sprint just leases space on the tower.

To answer the question that I think you are asking. Yes, that is all of Sprints towers. I believe there are a few not getting NV but most will be receiving the upgrades. As far as Sprint owning the the towers themselves, Most cell towers are owned by a company or companies that lease them to the cell companies.

Hi, I'm a typical Engadget reader. I read that Sprint sold its towers and outsourced its network. So, I logically conclude that sucky Sprint is now an MVNO.

AJ

• Like 9

Heh.

Sprint did sell all its towers awhile back, to Crown Castle I believe.

T-Mobile and Verizon still own some of their towers, as does AT&T. Verizon is actually building new towers in some areas, as of a couple years ago.

Isn't it true though that the original Sprint network was built from the ground up? Like meaning all of Sprints towers and equipment were only Sprint and not acquired from an acquisition? I've heard that a few times before.

Isn't it true though that the original Sprint network was built from the ground up? Like meaning all of Sprints towers and equipment were only Sprint and not acquired from an acquisition? I've heard that a few times before.

Yes but that does not mean they owned them outright. Many (if not the majority of towers) have multiple carriers on it.

Sprint did sell off towers it had owned and began outsourcing maintenance a while back.

Sent from my Atrix2 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I used AntennaSearch.com in Baytown' date=' Tx and the tower i live by is still owned by Sprint, the rest in my area are owned by Crown Castle. so maybe they did not sell all of them.[/quote']

Antenna Search is not known for its up to date listings. Many are in need of updating and contain info from the Bush Administration.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Antenna Search is not known for its up to date listings. Many are in need of updating and contain info from the Bush Administration.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Office Topic, check you PM.

I used AntennaSearch.com in Baytown, Tx and the tower i live by is still owned by Sprint, the rest in my area are owned by Crown Castle. so maybe they did not sell all of them.

A lot of information on that sight is very old and poorly maintained.