Asus Transformer Prime

Euphorian

I was too broke at the time to afford one otherwise I would have picked one up' date=' most likely to sell on eBay, mind you. lol[/quote']

I was rather poor too at the time. Just spent for Christmas and I didn't want to charge it. But I changed my mind after 24 hours and got out the credit card. But by then it was too late.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

Same here!! Guess we didn't click fast enough~

I've read and read about the WiFi/GPS issues. Decided it wasn't going to be a factor for me, and that I'd take my chances.. But we shall see once I actually get the thing in my hands.

Is it Tuesday yet?!

Ive been reading the Transformer forums

There was an article that Asus themselves said

that the problems with the Prime are 1% of WORLDWIDE sales !

Not too bad I guess ...

I was rather poor too at the time. Just spent for Christmas and I didn't want to charge it. But I changed my mind after 24 hours and got out the credit card. But by then it was too late.

I wish I hadn't maxed out all my cards. I really wish I still had credit instead of a bunch of debt. (sigh)

I really wish I knew what would be the best method to use

when my Transformer Prime arrives...

As far as updating/rooting etc...

I don`t want to do anything wrong!

You're my guinea pig. I'm waiting and watching what you do before I buy.

I really wish I knew what would be the best method to use

when my Transformer Prime arrives...

As far as updating/rooting etc...

I don`t want to do anything wrong!

There is a video on XDA, the guy used ViperMOD, it also prompts you to get OTA Root Keeper, which seems like a good idea also. Think I'll give that one a go Tuesday. Most likely root first, then go for the OTA

There is a video on XDA, the guy used ViperMOD, it also prompts you to get OTA Root Keeper, which seems like a good idea also. Think I'll give that one a go Tuesday. Most likely root first, then go for the OTA

The thing is tho...

That if you root you can`t return it if anything goes wrong with the updates.

I`m going to hold of on root for awhile- just to make sure that everything is tip-top

What are your thought on this idea ?

The thing is tho...

That if you root you can`t return it if anything goes wrong with the updates.

I`m going to hold of on root for awhile- just to make sure that everything is tip-top

What are your thought on this idea ?

Looking at the ViperMOD screen shots, it looks like there is an unroot option. So you'd 'think' we should be able to unroot, and just do a factory reset. Then you'd be good to know. Wouldn't know for sure unless we'd tried it though. Haven't read much into unrooting it, yet.

• Like 1

Looking at the ViperMOD screen shots, it looks like there is an unroot option. So you'd 'think' we should be able to unroot, and just do a factory reset. Then you'd be good to know. Wouldn't know for sure unless we'd tried it though. Haven't read much into unrooting it, yet.

Yea me either...

If you could please keep me updated on what happens with yours

and what you hear or read ?

I will do the same! This thread could be VERY USEFUL to us both ! :tu:

• Like 1

Rooting and unrooting was very straight forward, and took a whole 2mins~ I wanted to test the unroot, just in case. But ViperMOD is a great tool. Downloaded the VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper,'backed up' root and will try that once I dl the update and apply it..

• Like 1

I got mine too !

I gotta quadrant score of 4500 !

That`s stock !

This thing runs so smooth I dont need too root !

Although, I will tho- One of these days when Im bored

I cant miss all my rooted apps !

There is NO DOUBT in my mind

that this thing will SMOKE the Ipad 2 !

Edited by Euphorian

Yeah man. Just got home so I can play with it a little bit more. Are you gonna get a case for it? Or a screen protector? I'm super paranoid with my devices when they are new!!

Have you upgraded to ICS yet?

*Edit*

Just finished upgrading, took about 5-10mins. Went to restore root with VooDoo, and just like that. Root back. Very nice.

Also, WiFi wasn't an issue at my work, nor is it here at my house also. GPS however is pretty much non-existent.

Edited by shaunm82

What? Are you serious?

My Wifi and GPS are great !

I get a lock on GPS in like 4 seconds !

Try doing a reset (use a paper clip in the little hole

down from the volume buttons!)

My keyboard was going haywire .

I did a reset and its good as gold !

Do they have root for ICS yet for the prime?

If not I guess ill wait..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

My WiFi works fine. Haven't really messed with GPS, its turned on but didn't check the signals or satellite lock. Weather updated just fine though, when I wasn't on a network or anything. So I'm assuming it had to get the location from GPS.

I rooted before I put ICS on. But ViperMOD does say its first two root methods are for the ICS version on the Prime.

I'll check out my GPS here in a few. Just put a screen protector on it, so I'm gonna give it about an hour or so. I'll see if that thing will stay on or not, lol..

My WiFi works fine. Haven't really messed with GPS, its turned on but didn't check the signals or satellite lock. Weather updated just fine though, when I wasn't on a network or anything. So I'm assuming it had to get the location from GPS.

I rooted before I put ICS on. But ViperMOD does say its first two root methods are for the ICS version on the Prime.

I'll check out my GPS here in a few. Just put a screen protector on it, so I'm gonna give it about an hour or so. I'll see if that thing will stay on or not, lol..

Good deal dude! I'm glad we both got devices that work good!

I simply love mine! Its the best android device to date!

People at my work are so jealous! because they are stuck with iPads! Lol

Yes sir. There is already a beta rom out on XDA~ Although I'm not sure if I'll ROM this sucker yet.

Tested my Wireless speeds around the house, no matter where I went they hovered around 10.5mpbs, which I am more than happy with!

Ordered the Grey keyboard dock as well today~

Yes sir. There is already a beta rom out on XDA~ Although I'm not sure if I'll ROM this sucker yet.

Tested my Wireless speeds around the house, no matter where I went they hovered around 10.5mpbs, which I am more than happy with!

Ordered the Grey keyboard dock as well today~

Kool

did you flash clockwork mod with the ViperMod tool ?

after root ?

Im not sure I understand this blob version they are talking about...

Edited by Euphorian

No, I still gotta flash it. The version of ViperMod didn't have it built into it yet, but they say all I have to do is get the latest version and the option is on there. Gonna put that on there.

I don't think the blob method is necessary if you use the latest version of vipermod, as it does that stuff for you.

I think the blob file is only used if your going to use the adb method.

Have you checked out vipercontrol? The results are crazy with a little OC, though I'm gonna wait a few days now they have it unlocked, viperboy may be able to customize it a little better.

No, I still gotta flash it. The version of ViperMod didn't have it built into it yet, but they say all I have to do is get the latest version and the option is on there. Gonna put that on there.

I don't think the blob method is necessary if you use the latest version of vipermod, as it does that stuff for you.

I think the blob file is only used if your going to use the adb method.

Have you checked out vipercontrol? The results are crazy with a little OC, though I'm gonna wait a few days now they have it unlocked, viperboy may be able to customize it a little better.

No didn't see vipercontrol - what is that ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441329

Its just a tool to overclock to 1.6ghz. Not sure if I'll do it though, because they said you'd, of course, drain the battery faster as the CPU will stay around 1.6ghz. People have also said they haven't noticed a big difference, only because the Prime runs great as it is in stock form. The only obv difference is in the benchmark testing.

• Like 2

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1441329

Its just a tool to overclock to 1.6ghz. Not sure if I'll do it though, because they said you'd, of course, drain the battery faster as the CPU will stay around 1.6ghz. People have also said they haven't noticed a big difference, only because the Prime runs great as it is in stock form. The only obv difference is in the benchmark testing.

Oh I see

Thanks for the info !

I wouldn`t do that either... :goodpost:

Yes the stock rom is awesome !

I really would like to see the devs top this one!

I know they will ! :clap: