Asus Transformer Prime

Euphorian

Will do! Please do the same if you find anything also!

Not sure if your a big gamer or not. But I put ShadowGun THD on there and synced up a PS3 Controller and it looks/plays great.

• Like 1

Will do! Please do the same if you find anything also!

Not sure if your a big gamer or not. But I put ShadowGun THD on there and synced up a PS3 Controller and it looks/plays great.

Kool

Question :

did you flash clockwork mod with the ViperMod tool yet ?

Im not sure how that works.

I know on my ET4G I flashed ClockworkMod thru the stock recovery after root

Does ClockworkMod appear after running the ViperMod tool ?

Yes sir.

Once you download v4.5, and root your device it will be option 5. It will unlock your device first, so it pushs the unlock tool to the Prime. So you run that, ASUS gives you the unlock warning, no longer covered and other stuff. So once you agree to all that, it will download an additional file, ask for your google password to verify that its your device. Reboot, and unlock it.

Then once you are fully rebooted, you push enter to continue on vipermod, and it pushes CWM to the Prime, and it tells you how to get to recovery.

• Like 1

Not sure on the screen. You'd think they would separate hardware and software and treat it as a separate warranty.

They were talking about ways to unlock it without having to send your serial to Asus. But they are saying the issue is that the bootloader is not only locked, but encrypted also.

They are currently looking to see if the key that Asus sends back to each user is unique to the cpu serial, or just the same key over and over again.. which I doubt..

Another update, 9.2.4.15.

I guess ASUS used some 'beta' testers over on XDA before releasing this one. And it was a pretty good experience overall. I was reading some of the issues it was supposed to have address, and all seem very happy with this update.

People have said their Prime's run even better. Not sure if I'd notice because mine is running great as it is!

The random reboots, and battery drain is supposedly fixed also, although this was another issue that wasn't seen on my Prime either.

http://www.transform...2-4-15-a-5.html

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1503079 to read about the .14 firmware and beta testing of .15

I've also read that they recommend you do a full reboot before the update, along with one after. Going to push the update through now. I'll let you know if I run into any issues. :)

*Edit*

First issue. Seems its not available for me yet! lol..I'll check again in the morning..

Edited by shaunm82

Another update, 9.2.4.15.

I guess ASUS used some 'beta' testers over on XDA before releasing this one. And it was a pretty good experience overall. I was reading some of the issues it was supposed to have address, and all seem very happy with this update.

People have said their Prime's run even better. Not sure if I'd notice because mine is running great as it is!

The random reboots, and battery drain is supposedly fixed also, although this was another issue that wasn't seen on my Prime either.

http://www.transform...2-4-15-a-5.html

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1503079 to read about the .14 firmware and beta testing of .15

I've also read that they recommend you do a full reboot before the update, along with one after. Going to push the update through now. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

*Edit*

First issue. Seems its not available for me yet! lol..I'll check again in the morning..

kool

I don't need to update or I'm not going to until after I root...

The update may complicate things.

I don't need that!

My prime is running smooth as it is.

THX again for the info tho!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd have to say I am very happy with the Prime. I don't have any of the issues that people talk about on the forums. Which leads me to believe it really is a true small % of the Primes that actually have the problems. I've tested my WiFi and GPS in numerous locations and I've got great signal on both. I can lock GPS inside and outside within seconds/ No random reboots, freezes or anything of the like.

So if anyone is actually consider buying one, I say leave right now and go get it!!

That said, I've knocked on wood with every comment I posted about above ;)

Yea

The only problem I have is that if I leave the tablet on while

Charging for hours on end-

I have to do a hard reset when I return to it

other than that everything is perfect and then some!

I just know to turn it off now.

Yea

The only problem I have is that if I leave the tablet on while

Charging for hours on end-

I have to do a hard reset when I return to it

other than that everything is perfect and then some!

I just know to turn it off now.

Hmm, I haven't seen that. I've left my on, and on the charger over night a couple of times, and haven't noticed anything?

To bring it back you need to push the reset button?

Hmm, I haven't seen that. I've left my on, and on the charger over night a couple of times, and haven't noticed anything?

To bring it back you need to push the reset button?

No not to bring it back

The screen pops on no problem

Its Just that when I bring it back from a long period of time

It will start typing funny...

I use Slideit keyboard that may be why

IDK I love it tho Lol

Edited by Euphorian

I'm on .15, have had no problems with it. Not sure if any issues were fixed, as I didn't seem to notice if I'd had any. Still a solid product overall.

I'm on .15, have had no problems with it. Not sure if any issues were fixed, as I didn't seem to notice if I'd had any. Still a solid product overall.

I still haven't updated to .15 yet

I don't want it to hurt my chances with root or anything else

I still haven't updated to .15 yet

I don't want it to hurt my chances with root or anything else

Or would it ?

I think you'll be fine. You could always root if your still on .14 and then get the VooDoo OTA root keeper. But I've read that numerous people have had successful roots with ViperMod 4.5.

Also I would advise against unlocking, because once you do that you no longer receive the OTAs from ASUS, and would have to rely on stock roms from devs with the updated firmware built in

I think you'll be fine. You could always root if your still on .14 and then get the VooDoo OTA root keeper. But I've read that numerous people have had successful roots with ViperMod 4.5.

Also I would advise against unlocking, because once you do that you no longer receive the OTAs from ASUS, and would have to rely on stock roms from devs with the updated firmware built in

Yes thats what I do anyway with all my phones...

They usually have the update integrated within 24hrs with all the crap

Taken off..

IM going to think about it tho...

Did you unlock ? How do I stop it from updating on its own?

Edited by Euphorian

Yeah I unlocked. The day after I did, ASUS decided to release the .15 update. Thankfully the Virtuous team had already released a ROM that was pretty much stock, and they quickly released an updated version. So thats what I'm running now.

Stock look, but its deodexed, zip aligned, and it has the 1.6ghz oc built into the performance mode.

But once you unlock your serial gets sent over to ASUS and your taken off the update list. So you don't even get the option to update even if you try to manually check it in the settings.

Yeah I unlocked. The day after I did, ASUS decided to release the .15 update. Thankfully the Virtuous team had already released a ROM that was pretty much stock, and they quickly released an updated version. So thats what I'm running now.

Stock look, but its deodexed, zip aligned, and it has the 1.6ghz oc built into the performance mode.

But once you unlock your serial gets sent over to ASUS and your taken off the update list. So you don't even get the option to update even if you try to manually check it in the settings.

IDK dude unlocking looks risky as f'ck!

I was just reading xda...

I do have faith in the Dev team tho...

They have gotten me out of some sh't before!

IM still hangin out for 30 days to make sure everything

Is working correctly...

• 1 month later...

Here's something fresh. Don't know if this is in fact the "Infinity" which was the Transformer replacement or something else? Specs look to be the same except for screen resolution. Don't know if it will have a metal case or not, but going for $100 less than the current transformer.

http://www.theverge....ease-april-22nd

Yeah, specs close, minus the Super IPS+, and a slightly lower clock speed. The memory has been conflicting from what I've read. ASUS site states its loaded with 16GB, but most reports are saying 32GB.

But they've kept the same alum body as the prime.

Yes this is the Transformer 300 not the Infinity.

The Infinity will be released later this year.

The Transformer 300 is the successor to the OG Asus Transformer.

Asus also dropped the EEE branding

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using a TF300. I would love to see 2GB of RAM in a later version (Such as the TF700) It doesn't have the aluminum reception issues but the initial ICS build can run into a few bugs when it comes to certain TEGRA3 games not working.

GTAIII, awaiting refund, developer has told me they are not currently supporting my device but the TF101 and TF201prime work ATM

Renaissance Blood THD freezes within 5 seconds of the game beginning (reminds me of a bad VHS tracking issue that hangs) The development team is currently trying to find a fix for me.

Other than the random "program is not responding" click wait or ok bug, I haven't had any issues. Out of the box it works with most any usb game controller (felt a bit nostalgic and played a little sonic)

I love the HDMI output but noticed some lag issues when multitasking and playing high end games.

Yeah, specs close, minus the Super IPS+, and a slightly lower clock speed. The memory has been conflicting from what I've read. ASUS site states its loaded with 16GB, but most reports are saying 32GB.

But they've kept the same alum body as the prime.

TF300 comes in both 16GB and 32GB variants. I'm on a 32 GB model