Asus Transformer Prime

Euphorian

read over at the xda-developers forum Transformer Prime section. they had some serious build probs to begin with but seem most now are better.

With that said though, If your interested in some cheaper ones, Asus has a 7in coming to market that is supposed to be real cheap compared to the rest of the tablet world so far. Forget the model # for it but it was announced at CES.

Also Asus has another tablet coming out with a tad different/better specs than the Prime later this year as well. Model was TF700T i think and it was basically an HD version of the Transformer Prime and also had front facing camera. Supposed to be released around 2nd qtr this yr i think.

Just glad your not interested in iPad. lol

• Like 1

They announced the Memo 370t, basically the Prime packed into a 7" tablet for half the price. Not sure on release date though, but that would def be a crazy price point for that much power/potential.

I've been reading about the Prime for awhile now, finally decided to pull the trigger. UPS says it'll get here on Tuesday, the 21st. I'm stoked. I'll def let you guys know how it runs.

• Like 2

Just glad your not interested in iPad. lol

Yea I`ve read about the problems...

Although, With sites like Cnet and Engadget say that it`s worth the price.

Those are the 2 biggest sites that I trust

They really haven`t been wrong with the devices I`ve bought in the past

So I`m going to take the plunge ! :azn:

As far as me buying an Ipad ...

I`d rather burn in Hell ! Lmao

They announced the Memo 370t, basically the Prime packed into a 7" tablet for half the price. Not sure on release date though, but that would def be a crazy price point for that much power/potential.

I've been reading about the Prime for awhile now, finally decided to pull the trigger. UPS says it'll get here on Tuesday, the 21st. I'm stoked. I'll def let you guys know how it runs.

Yea I have the OG Transformer now and I`ll be selling it to a guy I work with ( A former Apple device fanboy that I converted Lol) :mad2:

I`ll be ordering my Prime on Monday night ! Can`t wait ! Imight expedite it ! :hee:

Yea I have the OG Transformer now and I`ll be selling it to a guy I work with ( A former Apple device fanboy that I converted Lol) :mad2:

I`ll be ordering my Prime on Monday night ! Can`t wait ! Imight expedite it ! :hee:

LOL...I actually thought of Next Day Air.. but thought I've waited this long..a few more days won't hurt, and now the wait is killing me!

• Like 1

LOL...I actually thought of Next Day Air.. but thought I've waited this long..a few more days won't hurt, and now the wait is killing me!

I know! I hate to wait !

Next day Air is like $60 ! depending on locations !

I trying to find a seller on Amazon (with good rating) from Pennsylvania (my State)

That should speed up shipping time !

I was just able to order My Prime for $499.99 thru Newegg.com !!

I also expedited it ! It should be here Wednesday ! :clap:

Nice! What color did you end up getting? Mine was the 32GB model also, in the Gray

• Like 1

Yeah I was reading about it earlier. People were saying that their lower power states were back, and 1.4ghz was enabled again. I guess .13 took those away.

They also said that the battery drain was terrible with the .13 update, and this addressed it as well.

• Like 1

Yeah I was reading about it earlier. People were saying that their lower power states were back, and 1.4ghz was enabled again. I guess .13 took those away.

They also said that the battery drain was terrible with the .13 update, and this addressed it as well.

AWESOME NEWS !

do you gotta link to what you read about this ?

I like to read everything (not doubting you)

Yeah man..I am with you also. Like reading anything and everything I can. The thread is over at XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1501784

Initial results were mostly positive. Now its split up. Looks like most of the issues vary, like most devices, what worked for one, didn't work for another.

Oh well..guess we will find out for ourselves soon!

• Like 1

Yeah man..I am with you also. Like reading anything and everything I can. The thread is over at XDA

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1501784

Initial results were mostly positive. Now its split up. Looks like most of the issues vary, like most devices, what worked for one, didn't work for another.

Oh well..guess we will find out for ourselves soon!

I think these issues are just like phones...

Every in particular phone is different !

You would get a different reaction every time !

If you get a bad unit - send it back !

You will get a new one !

I ordered from Newegg ! They are reputable !

It`s better than being bored with a device!

Not to rain on the Transformer Prime parade, but it does have some issues with wireless performance. The aluminum shell is a double edged sword. On one hand, it makes for an attractive, well constructed tablet. On the other, metal reflects/absorbs RF. In the case of the Transformer Prime, it reduces Wi-Fi range and renders GPS almost unusable.

Read the AnandTech coverage of the Transformer Prime. AnandTech is a great site for tech and device reviews. It does not review everything, but what it does review gets put through the paces with a thorough set of test bench measurements and benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5163/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-nvidia-tegra-3-review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5178/an-update-on-transformer-prime-battery-life-wifi-issues

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5175/asus-transformer-prime-followup

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5285/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-gps-issue-explained

AJ

• Like 2

Yeah it seems like thats the way to go. Not happy with it..return and try again! But I'm sure ours will be fine right out of the box! ;)

Yes I`ve had nothing but good luck with Android !

Yes I`m aware about the problems it`s been having.

The Ipad has an aluminum backplate also There are no WiFi issues there

As far as GPS I already have a TomTom in my car and one on my ET4G

I don`t need anymore GPS units. I just want my tablet to fly...

If I have that many problems I wil send it back and try again

Also this is why I started this thread .( I want to know all the ins and outs)

I do plenty of reading before doing anything !

The Ipad has an aluminum backplate also There are no WiFi issues there

Au contraire. The iPad models that have full aluminum backplates do have Wi-Fi performance notably inferior to the iPad 3G models that have plastic RF windows sectioned out of their aluminum backplates.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4225/the-ipad-2-review/11

Additionally, the coming 1920 x 1200 version of the Transformer Prime adds a plastic RF window for improved Wi-Fi/GPS reception. So, Asus acknowledges the issue.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5348/eee-pad-transformer-prime-tf700t-hands-on-with-asus-1920-x-1200-tablet-running-ics-403

Now, admittedly I am biased, but I highly recommend the HP TouchPad. For $150, I have a tablet with nice (but not outstanding) build quality, IPS screen, 32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM, and 1.2-1.7 GHz dual core Qualcomm SoC -- running dual boot WebOS and CM9 Android 4.0 ICS.

AJ

Au contraire. The iPad models that have full aluminum backplates do have Wi-Fi performance notably inferior to the iPad 3G models that have plastic RF windows sectioned out of their aluminum backplates.

http://www.anandtech...pad-2-review/11

Additionally, the coming 1920 x 1200 version of the Transformer Prime adds a plastic RF window for improved Wi-Fi/GPS reception. So, Asus acknowledges the issue.

http://www.anandtech...running-ics-403

Now, admittedly I am biased, but I highly recommend the HP TouchPad. For $150, I have a tablet with nice (but not outstanding) build quality, IPS screen, 32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM, and 1.2-1.7 GHz dual core Qualcomm SoC -- running dual boot WebOS and CM9 Android 4.0 ICS.

AJ

Idk Never heard that before

atleast there is a fix...

I wanted an Hp touchpad but were always sold out

The dual boot would rock !

Idk Never heard that before

atleast there is a fix...

I wanted an Hp touchpad but were always sold out

The dual boot would rock !

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the TouchPad weekend blowout. :mad:

- Robert

I tried I really really did ! Twice !

Amazon refused payment and said they were sold out :cry:

Same here!! Guess we didn't click fast enough~

I've read and read about the WiFi/GPS issues. Decided it wasn't going to be a factor for me, and that I'd take my chances.. But we shall see once I actually get the thing in my hands.

Is it Tuesday yet?!

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the TouchPad weekend blowout. :mad:

- Robert

I was too broke at the time to afford one otherwise I would have picked one up, most likely to sell on eBay, mind you. lol